• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White doesn't know who Luke Thomas is and curses him out on Twitter

and justifiably so.

How is he justified?

A reporter made a comment, not directed at any particular organization that he would prefer fewer, higher quality events than more events with watered down talent.

It's an opinion, and wasn't directed at Dana or any particular organization. Dana is free to disagree, but it's the way he does it that's looks very poorly on the UFC.

Can you imagine Bud Selig - MLB Commissioner arguing on twitter with fans about things like instant replay, or going on camera and regularly insulting fans and the media? Combat sports are quite interesting in that you have promoters like Don King and Dana White who are more known and recognized than a huge percentage of the actual fighters.

The worst part is that Dana gave completely idiotic response. The reporter essentially said I would prefer 12 amazing cards instead of 55 average/watered down cards. Dana responds with "don't watch 43 of them", which in essence is saying just watch 12 watered down cards instead of 55.

Ha! It's the way he phrases things that makes him interesting. I'll take him over any boring suit that typically run other sports. You can always count on him to say something entertaining, whether you agree or not.

I agree some stuff is entertaining because it simply rises to the level of goofy as the guy says pretty much whatever pops into his head. So agree or disagree, it still can be funny.

But there are other times it is past that and what he says is a blatant invasion of someone's privacy or completely disrespectful or just stupid as hell. And those times are becoming the norm. Then again, I was never a fan of like the "Jackass" movies. People making an ass out of themselves doing stupid things isn't entertainment to me. To each their own but if these boards are a microcosm of real life, more and more people are tiring of his schtick IMO

Too bad none of these fights are free. I was expecting a lot more Fox cards, but that expectation is dwindling away. I enjoy quality match ups over quantity.

Fox/FS1 are showing more events in 2014 than they have in the past. I believe they added 2 more events to their line-up.

If you don't know who the only MMA analyst that matters is, then yes. You are very dumb and that is fact.

Wow. You must really like this guy. I can certainly take or leave him as an analyst.

Cant believe people dont know who luke is, where do you get your MMA news from?

Sherdog?

Oh, im right. That is where you get your news from...

How is he justified?

A reporter made a comment, not directed at any particular organization that he would prefer fewer, higher quality events than more events with watered down talent.

It's an opinion, and wasted directed at Dana or any particular organization. Dana is free to disagree, but it's the way he does it that's looks very poorly on the UFC.

Can you imagine Bud Selig - MLB Commissioner arguing on twitter with fans about things like instant replay, or going on camera and regularly insulting fans and the media? Combat sports are quite interesting in that you have promoters like Don King and Dana White who are more known and recognized than a huge percentage of the actual fighters.

The worst part is that Dana gave completely idiotic response. The reporter essentially said I would prefer 12 amazing cards instead of 55 average/watered down cards. Dana responds with "don't watch 43 of them", which in essence is saying just watch 12 watered down cards instead of 55.

I just shook my head when I read that

Part of me was hoping he was just drunk and not that clueless. But then I decided being president of the UFC and being drunk arguing with people on Twitter isn't much better than being stupid and arguing with people on Twitter

I absolutely agree too that it is how he carries himself. There has to be a middle-ground between stuffed-shirt and buffoon

solution: stop putting on watered down (yes I said it) PPV cards and use your top talent/prospects for PPV because people pay good money for it! you can still save some of your draws for Fox to draw in casuals... instead of making Ben Henderson fight on most FOX cards.

all the other stream/fuel crap should look like what we saw tonight: regional guys to draw in the nationalistic fans and the odd top level fight. I have no complaints about this card, seeing how it wasn't PPV.

solution: stop putting on watered down (yes I said it) PPV cards and use your top talent/prospects for PPV because people pay good money for it! you can still save some of your draws for Fox to draw in casuals... instead of making Ben Henderson fight on most FOX cards.

all the other stream/fuel crap should look what most watered down PPVs do...

I'm a "fight" fan. So more "fights" is fine with me.

Cant believe people dont know who luke is, where do you get your MMA news from?

Sherdog?

Oh, im right. That is where you get your news from...

I have an app for that. Beyond that I don't care for punditry.

I'm a "fight" fan. So more "fights" is fine with me.

THIS.

Typical sherdogger: "Waaa waaa waa, I'm sick of seeing watered down cards, waa waa waa!"

Watches them anyway and posts the same waa waa bull shit.

Some words of advice to all the whiny bitches on sherdog; If you don't like the card(s), then don't watch.

IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE FFS.

:icon_twis

If you don't know who the only MMA analyst that matters is, then yes. You are very dumb and that is fact.

What makes him matter? Also I think you are confusing the word fact with opinion.

Wait, Luke Thomas didn't direct his tweet to @danawhite. So doesn't that mean Dana had to go out of his way to find the tweet and respond to it?

If he truly didn't know who Luke Thomas was(I didn't), then why would he? Surely thousands of tweeters say something similar every day and Dana doesn't respond.

I don't have a Twitter account and don't know exactly how it works, but that just seems obvious. Either someone told Dana to respond to Luke or Dana actually follows Luke. otherwise he never would have seen the tweet.

THIS.

Typical sherdogger: "Waaa waaa waa, I'm sick of seeing watered down cards, waa waa waa!"

Watches them anyway and posts the same waa waa bull shit.

Some words of advice to all the whiny bitches on sherdog; If you don't like the card(s), then don't watch.

IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE FFS.

:icon_twis

Do you actually think everyone on here is actually paying for the cards/PPVs? I bet that more than half the people commenting on the boards during an event are watching illegally.

I said it a few times in this thread - if you stream events then it has no bearing -- you shouldn't even be commenting on the issue. If you stream events then yes, more is better because it has no financial impact. If a card sucks who cares -- you didn't give up anything for it except time.

I would largely assume its paying fans who are complaining about watered down PPVs, or fights like Gus/Manuwa behind anther paywall in Fight Pass.

Wait, Luke Thomas didn't direct his tweet to @danawhite. So doesn't that mean Dana had to go out of his way to find the tweet and respond to it?

If he truly didn't know who Luke Thomas was(I didn't), then why would he? Surely thousands of tweeters say something similar every day and Dana doesn't respond.

I don't have a Twitter account and don't know exactly how it works, but that just seems obvious. Either someone told Dana to respond to Luke or Dana actually follows Luke. otherwise he never would have seen the tweet.

Ever heard of "retweets"?

Do you actually think everyone on here is actually paying for the cards/PPVs? I bet that more than half the people commenting on the boards during an event are watching illegally.

I said it a few times in this thread - if you stream events then it has no bearing -- you shouldn't even be commenting on the issue. If you stream events then yes, more is better because it has no financial impact. If a card sucks who cares -- you didn't give up anything for it except time.

I would largely assume its paying fans who are complaining about watered down PPVs, or fights like Gus/Manuwa behind anther paywall in Fight Pass.

Ha! I bet it's mostly people who aren't paying a dime that are complaining. I paid for 170 and fucking loved it.

Oh ok, well the guys who are illegally streaming shouldn't be complaining then.

If the paying fans don't like watered down PPVs, the solution is very simple; DON'T WATCH. It really can't get any simpler than that.:icon_chee

I understand why Dana's no nonsense attitude is admired by many. He's a polarizing figure in a contact sport. We need "villains"

What I don't understand is how Dana feels continually making stupid comments will gain him and the sport anymore growth and credibility. I guess he's accepted the UFC will never be as huge as hockey, football, basketball and baseball and is fine lingering around the middle of the pack.

Back