Media Dana White consulting Mark Zuckerberg on UFC ranking issues

If he wants to use an algorithm to make the rankings, either Jones will not be #1 or the rankings will be a complete mess with former champions/ATGs in the top 15 P4P.

Imo, there should be a clear criteria that outlines the time period of which fights are considered. I.e only fights within the last 3 years.

If he wants to use an algorithm to make the rankings, either Jones will not be #1 or the rankings will be a complete mess with former champions/ATGs in the top 15 P4P.

Imo, there should be a clear criteria that outlines the time period of which fights are considered. I.e only fights within the last 3 years.
yea, he needs AI to "fix" the rankings, so Conor could be top 5 in 3 divisions at the same time.

When he means Zuckerberg, he means Meta. which is certainly a company with the means to give AI the best chance of coming up with a dynamic rankings algorithm(s) and modeling from a deep data set and giving us a reasonable outputs.

Lol at his stupid smirk when he name drops Zuckerberg. Dana is the coolest!

Jon Jones about to be P4P no.1 again.

nah with most AI fight ranking systems you have to fight at least once every year to even be ranked much less pound for pound. it also looks at your last 3 opponents within 3 years and gives score based on toughness of opponenets and strength of schedule. jones would score bare minimum for all those. as he hasnt had 3 opponents within 3 years, and has only fought once in 4 years.
for example this AI ranking system https://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/ jones isnt even in the top 15 p4p. as he doenst meet the reuirements to be ranked.

When he means Zuckerberg, he means Meta. which is certainly a company with the means to give AI the best chance of coming up with a dynamic rankings algorithm(s) and modeling from a deep data set and giving us a reasonable outputs.
What will Dana say when that AI puts Khalil at #11? He just needs to pay the secretary that inputs the rankings after tabulating the "Media" votes to reflect what is "Correct".

Dana, pass it on. Utter nonsense that whole discussion and a lot of UFC rankings are wank.

Zuckerberg would probably give the advice to delete every Sherdog account who won't put Jones #1 and Conor #2

giphy.gif

I forget what podcast I was listening to last week but they asked AI for its light heavyweight rankings and roundtree wasn’t ranked on theirs. Would’ve loved to have Dana live for it

They need that AI that predicted Taira was going to lose by split before the fight was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bat123
Back