Rumored Dana White blocking Mayweather vs McGregor 2, deal almost done

So if this true he's done with MMA. He hasn't been the same since the first fight.

Yeah but what is the selling point here? There was one for the first fight. This one just seems like a obvious cash grab that even casuals would roll their eyes to.

That's my point. It doesn't matter. The selling point is what ever they're told it is. People will watch. Sad reality of it.

We live in a world where Boris Johnson and Joe Biden were actually voted in to the highest office in their respective countries.

You over estimate the vast masses. They're idiots. They buy stupid shit. Wear masks outside. Do dumb stuff.

The interest in this fight would be half of what is was the first time.

But, fuck it, let them make money.

That's my point. It doesn't matter. The selling point is what ever they're told it is. People will watch. Sad reality of it.

We live in a world where Boris Johnson and Joe Biden were actually voted in to the highest office in their respective countries.

You over estimate the vast masses. They're idiots. They buy stupid shit. Wear masks outside. Do dumb stuff.

If people were that manipulable, they’d make Clay Guida into McGregor.

Also masks are pretty comfortable and they keep your face warm. I wear it all the time now and it has nothing to do with Covid.

Dana has a fight in the ufc for 20 times less for you conor. Sorry bud

hey if it helps i would fight mayweather for 149 million

offer is only this week

Who is watching all these Mayweather exhibition matches? Lol

I understand watching Jake Paul or other random athletes, but a 50-year old Floyd with no power and an obvious skill advantage against any opponent seems so boring.

douche if true...

block him from making 150m in 1 night so he can make a fraction of that in mma
Conor already got a once in a lifetime payday ONLY because the UFC allowed it. And now every clown in the UFC wants to fuck off to boxing despite not one of them ever actually boxing before. It’ll never happen again, and I don’t blame the UFC.

If Conor had not sat out for two years and tying up two belts. They might have allowed it. He like Nate could have finished up his contract around the time of that Cerrone debacle. Then he’d be free to do as he pleases. If this fight happened Conor would never fight in the UFC again. And the UFC isn’t about to just allow it willingly.

Get a grip.

Who would even want to see that fight again? It's ludicrous to suggest Conor could make so much from it, especially when it would quite obviously sell way less than the first fight. The first fight had a novelty appeal to it, and Conor was at his peak after just destroying Alvarez and winning the LW belt, but since then his stock has only continued to plummet. He got stopped by Floyd, stopped by Khabib, beat up washed old man Cerrone, got finished by Poirier, then got beat up by Poirier a second time and broke his leg in the process. He has had ONE good showing since the last Floyd fight, and it was against an opponent who was well past prime and also a stylistic dream match for Conor.

I can't even see most casuals caring about Conor vs Floyd 2. Would sell worse than any of Conor's fights in the last 5 years.

Dana White claims the report from the sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19322866/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-rematch-fight-deal/

which shows that Floyd and Conor are very close to getting a deal done is all bs. Dana claims Floyd and Conor are both just talking and nothing will come of the talks.

Dana claims that he will never allow Floyd vs. McGregor 2 to happen and that only if he gets dementia would that fight ever happen.

https://www.si.com/.amp/boxing/2022...eport-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-rematch

McGregor potentially has been offered 150 million to fight Mayweather
https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-rematch-20220726.amp.html

What do people think?

Is Dana trying to block Mayweather vs. Conor 2?

I am glad he is, the fight should never happen

I find it hard to believe that they would push for a rematch, I mean Conor seems focused on a return to MMA and who honestly would by it again? Hard fight to sell considering one has been retired for ages fighting exhibitions and Conor has lost two straight and his star power is diminished greatly since their last fight.

Personally I wont watch it again, one time was enough but we know how it ends.

150 million...would people still pay to see it? I mean, at the time it was the fight to watch even if we knew Floyd was winning, but now its not that interesting imo.

150 million, how much for Floyd then? It would need crazy PPV buys to cover that kind of purse.

Total bs folks, Dana said so!

Dana White claims the report from the sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19322866/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-rematch-fight-deal/

which shows that Floyd and Conor are very close to getting a deal done is all bs. Dana claims Floyd and Conor are both just talking and nothing will come of the talks.

Dana claims that he will never allow Floyd vs. McGregor 2 to happen and that only if he gets dementia would that fight ever happen.

https://www.si.com/.amp/boxing/2022...eport-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-rematch

McGregor potentially has been offered 150 million to fight Mayweather
https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-rematch-20220726.amp.html

What do people think?

Is Dana trying to block Mayweather vs. Conor 2?

Lol at anyone believing that they offered Conor 150 million. They cant even afford to pay him that, ppv isnt gonna sell the same. Both guys are on decline and people know what to expect based off first one.

Why was he ok with it before? Also, is he dumb? Milk this guy for another huge payday. It’s not like he’s long for this game. He’s in a losing streak and may not be able to win another fight in the UFC anyway. Am I off base here?

Let's just hope Conor isn't taking a dive like in the first fight, I would like to see Floyd pushed to the 12th. Doubt he's got what it takes to beat Conor on point, as Conor has never lost a decision.

Also, you have to wonder if they're bringing in Malignaggi for the training camp again, or they're going with his superior Artem Lobov.

Back