• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana Says Pereira Will Move to 205 (No Trilogy)

Save the MMA trilogy for 205 after Alex wins the strap. I'm hoping he does.

I figured whoever lost this fight would move up.

Just seemed like the smartest course of action.

Either of them would beat a large percentage of LHW's and even HW's imo
Any decent grappler or wrestler will beat either of these guys at LHW. I don't see having nearly the same kind of success.

Moreno vs Figuerido. three fights in a row

Stipe vs DC. three fights in a row
Stipe and DC is the only time. That was the scenario I was thinking about.

Moreno and Figgy is not. Moreno fought KKF.

Any decent grappler or wrestler will beat either of these guys at LHW. I don't see having nearly the same kind of success.
It's a division full of strikers ATM. Same with HW.

Stylistically, it's a good move.

Someone like Khazmat would give him jell but he matches up well with a lot of these guys. Even the champ.

Stipe and DC is the only time. That was the scenario I was thinking about.

Moreno and Figgy is not. Figgy fought KKF.

No, Moreno fought KKF. but that was AFTER his THIRD fight with Figueiredo

Dec 2020 to January 2022, Moreno and Fig only fought each other, 3 times in a row

No, Moreno fought KKF. but that was AFTER his THIRD fight with Figueiredo

Dec 2020 to January 2022, Moreno and Fig only fought each other, 3 times in a row
Nvm you used the draw as the starting point. In that case you are correct

They might do Alex vs Jiri / Hill winner.

If he gets the 205 belt they'll definitely try to bring izzy up for a super fight quadrilogy.
Based on the way he was knocked out, I don’t see how he could jump the line that easy.

i love it, the champ gets a rematch after being KO'ed and was 0-3 vs the guy, the champ that just lost his belt after dominating the round prior is being told to move up a division and no rematch. So izzy is going to defend his belt 2-3 more times vs some bums and is guaranteed another rematch no matter what once he gets Koed and on and on we go

There were rumors of Alex moving to 205 before this fight too. Makes sense.

i love it, the champ gets a rematch after being KO'ed and was 0-3 vs the guy, the champ that just lost his belt after dominating the round prior is being told to move up a division and no rematch. So izzy is going to defend his belt 2-3 more times vs some bums and is guaranteed another rematch no matter what once he gets Koed and on and on we go
Izzy hasn’t beaten bums, he beat Whittaker twice, Vettori twice, he knocked out Costa who looked unstoppable, and made Cannonier gun shy. Izzy, KO’d Alex silly, and even earlier than Alex did in any of their previous fights. Izzy is the truth…

They are 1-1 in the UFC. Alex needs to earn his way, which I doubt he does he’ll lose to the top guys in the division.

No way he doesn’t move up a weight class. Dude is true if huge.

Pereira needs to confirm this.

I could picture him moving up after losing a close decision... but after getting KTFO and the fact he's 35, its doubtful he's going to want their rivalry to end on such a down-note for him.

There's going to be a trilogy fight, and it won't be at 205.

Izzy also said in his post-fight press conference he considers their score "settled"

Said that Alex would need to "do the hard yards" to earn a rematch at 185

Said he thinks Alex is moving up to 205 anyway

He does NOT have the chin for it.(for lhw)
Trilogy and not being overconfident should be the plan for Pereira.

Rematch at 185

I want to see Alex retire Adesanya.

We need to see Alex 4-1 against Adesanya.

the hunter will become hunted

Lets make it happen otherwise Chimaev will
spoil the show.

Back