Dana says "no more flashy entrances"

efWcYak.jpeg

Can't wait for Dana to be gone, dude probably read some comments by boring ass 50 year olds calling it cringe on IG.

If you are tuning in to be entertained by a fighters entrance then you are the problem.
With this mindset if you are tuning in for anything other than the fight you're the problem.

Ban knowing fighters names
Ban being able to listen in on advice between rounds.
Ban having fighters names on their clothes

I hate the flashy entrances cause it's all ripping off WWE. If originality was involved then it would probably be different but get the fuck out of here with the pro wrestling walkouts.

I hate the flashy entrances cause it's all ripping off WWE. If originality was involved then it would probably be different but get the fuck out of here with the pro wrestling walkouts.
MMA wouldn't exist without pro wrestling. Get over it.

Not sure why he hates it so much. Fans like them and it makes the fighters bigger personalities instead of faceless Venum/Rebook assholes.

Would have to keep them to a minimum tho, definitely not every event and only fighters who really want to do something with it / deserve it.
no the fans want people to get their asses to the cage and fight.

I don't mind the flashy entrances ala WWF/E or Pride, etc., etc. I don't care for the Trash Talk because most isn't creative and sounds like two bums arguing on a street corner over a toothless hooker...

<WhatItIs>

I would’ve rather seen MVP be more flashy and exciting inside the cage to be honest.
That was unexpectedly the worst fight on the card.

I guess if entrances and flash are what you want, this matters.

I couldn't care less, I'm there for fights, not orchestrated line dancing (Izzy) and 10 minute walkouts.

Prob makes a ton of business sense too, using those popular songs usually comes with some licensing cost.

Michel Pereira's dance entrance was way cooler than the 1-sided fight he was in - get him a ranked opponent and keep the dance

It sounds like the only time fighters are allowed to have personality is when they're being douchebags on twitter, which can immediately garner them privileges above anyone else in the division. God bless the UFC.

I wouldn't want them to have crap like MVPs all the time, but the UFC entrances are the shittest of all the orgs.

ONE, Bellator and PFL or whatever usually have ramps and screens with videos playing. Meanwhile, UFC has their fighters just walk out from some side entrance. The UFC always look low budget in comparison. At least do a ramp or something.

I watched some random WMMA org the other day on YT while some of the UFC 299 fights were boring, and this event was held in a fucking warehouse or some crap, and yet, the entrance ara had some screens and stuff, and still came off looking way better than what the UFC normally do. And this event probably had like under 100 people in attendance lol.

The UFC should put in at least some effort.
I agree. At least have the real and screen pyrotechnics might be a bit of a jump

Well if fighters want to invest energy in it, and if it doesn't take an unnecessarily long amount of time, why not ; but Dana being wary of superfluous and not directly fight-related things is probably the best attitude. Maybe they could do better, but at least it's watchable.

If there are too many it will ruin it.. maybe limit to main and co-main events

Back