Dana says Conor will literally fight anybody; compares him to Chuck Liddell

This thread is just silly btw. Conor didn't take the fights because he is courageous, he took then because if he didn't he was going to lose out on a huge pay day. Frankie was the harder fight over Chad and Khabib or Petis was the harder fight over Diaz.

And I think he made the good career move, which is what he should do. It would be stupid to try to screw yourself best you can with millions on the line not only now but for future fights. But don't turn it into something it isn't. And plenty of people respect what Conor has done in the cage, they don't need someone to tell them to.
Then why do so many fighters turn down last minute opponent changes when they stand to make big $ too? (Also discussed by Dana in the above vid)

This thread is just silly btw. Conor didn't take the fights because he is courageous, he took then because if he didn't he was going to lose out on a huge pay day. Frankie was the harder fight over Chad and Khabib or Petis was the harder fight over Diaz.

And I think he made the good career move, which is what he should do. It would be stupid to try to screw yourself best you can with millions on the line not only now but for future fights. But don't turn it into something it isn't. And plenty of people respect what Conor has done in the cage, they don't need someone to tell them to.
Oh and Frankie was one of the first people offered the fight and turned it down because of injury! Or is Dana just lying?

"This guy, man let me tell you about this guy. This guy is so crazy, he'll fight anyone at anytime. This old lady cut him off at an intersection, I swear he gonna was pull her out and beat her ass right there. He's a true warrior, I wish I had more guys on the roster like him. The kids a star."
Dana "Kenflo" White

Steady on mate, that was pre UFC Conor, even Anderson the all time great lost early in his career.
Yeah and Anderson got beat by Bisping yesterday mate. When was the last time your supposed all time great won a fight mate? October 13th, 2012. Not the greatest of all time as far as I'm concerned.

Who is Franie Edgar?

Franie's the chick who was dying to scrap with McGregor... until RDA pulled out and they offered her the fight.

Then she had to turn it down - due to a problem with her groin. :D

Yeah and Anderson got beat by Bisping yesterday mate. When was the last time your supposed all time great won a fight mate? October 13th, 2012. Not the greatest of all time as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoyed the fight yesterday, mate, but I just say it as it is.

Silva is an all time great at the end of his career and deserved to lose as he was intent on winning in spectacular fashion, rather then simply finishing the fight in the 4th.

Conor beats any opponent put in front of him, regardless of weight class and until someone proves otherwise, that just how it is....mate.

Precision beats power.

Timing beats speed.

Conor beats anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Parrot.jpg

Now, thanks to another pull-out against the great and powerful McGregor we can add "Frannie Edgar" and "Runaway Dos Anjos" to the Sherdog lexicon.

Of course he is doing it for the money, but he is always still doing it, where 90% of any fighter wouldn't. And for that how can you not appreciate? Why as a fight fan would i care about his earnings? When all i want do is see him fight. It works out for both of us. Simple.
Exactly - how hard is that for people to understand. Most fighters, champions particularly, only want to fight an opponent who they have trained a full camp for tailored to a specific strategy based on the strengths and weaknesses of their opponent. Because they are too scared to lose and what it will cost them career-wise. Not Conor.

No, was just responding to the fact that he said anytime. What you don't consider what happened in the past as anytime? He's no Floyd Mayweather, not gonna retire undefeated.

But Mayweather never fought anyone, anytime, anywhere, it was more a case of fighting the right opponent at the right time.

As we're discussing the present and UFC era, Conor has stated he will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and so far has proved that to be the case so you can't compare Mayweather to Conor in terms of records.

But Mayweather never fought anyone, anytime, anywhere, it was more a case of fighting the right opponent at the right time.

As we're discussing the present and UFC era, Conor has stated he will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and so far has proved that to be the case so you can't compare Mayweather to Conor in terms of records.
Actually you can't really compare them because they compete in 2 different sports it's like comparing apples to oranges. I was just saying Conor will never be able to retire with an unblemished record like Floyd is all.

Actually you can't really compare them because they compete in 2 different sports it's like comparing apples to oranges. I was just saying Conor will never be able to retire with an unblemished record like Floyd is all.

Of course mate, but I would rather be a legend respected for fighting the best fighters in the world and not shying away from a challenge, such as Conor, or in boxing Muhammad Ali, two fighters with losses in their career.

Back