Dana says Conor will literally fight anybody; compares him to Chuck Liddell

Conor will fight everyone. *turns down Edgar, Faber, Khabib, Pettis, Cerrone.. *

Conor will fight everyone. *turns down Edgar, Faber, Khabib, Pettis, Cerrone.. *
Incorrect: Edgar was offered the fight first and is injured.

As for the others, Conor can only fight one at once. Hs to work out who is not booked and who is most deserving, and yeah, who is going to sell.

You can't say he turned down 5 fighters because he cannot fight 5 or 6 at once.

Most, if not all, other champs wouldn't even be on the card anymore, let alone turning down opponents.

another glass of dana kool-aid for you. get the fuck outta here with this shit.

Franie's the chick who was dying to scrap with McGregor... until RDA pulled out and they offered her the fight.

Then she had to turn it down - due to a problem with her groin. :D

Except he accepted a fight with Conor last year....

And still didn't get it for reasons no one is willing to reveal.

Except he accepted a fight with Conor last year....

And still didn't get it for reasons no one is willing to reveal.
Yeah because Conor was given a much easier option in Mendes, the guy who had just smashed Lamas and arguably beat Aldo.

Yeah because Conor was given a much easier option in Mendes, the guy who had just smashed Lamas and arguably beat Aldo.

Lmao arguably beat Aldo, Mendes clearly lost that fight.

That still doesn't answer my question, why was Mendes picked over Edgar when both accepted the fight? Edgar is the bigger name and a former champion at Lightweight he had far more name value than Mendes.

This guy says the same thing in practically every interview. I only believe one of them.

090614-UFC-Ben-Rothwell-SS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.35.jpg

until he gets KTFO'd by someone - then he won't 'fight anyone' anymore. Diaz is right - Conor has made his name fighting midgets. Now he's going to be fighting guys his own size. It might be tough for Nate to be ready and win with only 10 days' notice - but Conor is quickly approaching the 'out of his league' category of fighters. This whole b.s. will end just like the Ronda b.s. ended.

Starts about the 5 minutes mark

Dana says that Conor said work out who I am going to fight and let me know, I'll fight anyone.

Dana even says "there's no reason for me to make this shit up".

Conor is probably the most courageous, old school fighter on the roster.

Yeah Dana's job is to promote - but Conor has already proved the truth of Dana's words by accepting two short notice fights - one of them 2 divisions up from the division in which he holds the title. What other champion or MMA fighter does anything else like that these days!?

To the army of McHaters, if you are true fight fans at all, please now give your respect to McGregor. I think we can all now agree that it is well deserved. That doesn't mean that you have to want him to win - you can root against him - but he damn well deserves your respect.

That is all.

I'll respect McGregor when he has defeated 5 guys his own size - instead of 5 guys all smaller than him. Sorry but being a weight-cutting phenom isn't being a fighting phenom. If he wins the lightweight title against fighters his own size then he'll be worthy of serious respect.

Lmao arguably beat Aldo, Mendes clearly lost that fight.

That still doesn't answer my question, why was Mendes picked over Edgar when both accepted the fight? Edgar is the bigger name and a former champion at Lightweight he had far more name value than Mendes.

I just told you why. Mendes was the bigger name than Frankie at FW at the time.

And yes, he arguably beat Aldo. Many scored that fight 48-47 Mendes. Not to mention Mendes was almost KO'd after the bell and nothing was done about it.

No one had ever taken it to Aldo like Mendes did. And then he came out and KO'd Lamas in under a round whereas Aldo didn't even finish Lamas.

And you ask why was Mendes picked over Frankie, who, If I remember correctly, had just fought Faber to a rather boring decision.

Seriously, you rabid McHaters have the combined IQ of a goldfish.

I'll respect McGregor when he has defeated 5 guys his own size - instead of 5 guys all smaller than him. Sorry but being a weight-cutting phenom isn't being a fighting phenom. If he wins the lightweight title against fighters his own size then he'll be worthy of serious respect.
Yeah, well sadly we just lost the opportunity to see him try.

And what about respecting him for having the balls to step up and fight anyone, even on short notice.

I just told you why. Mendes was the bigger name than Frankie at FW at the time.

And yes, he arguably beat Aldo. Many scored that fight 48-47 Mendes. Not to mention Mendes was almost KO'd after the bell and nothing was done about it.

No one had ever taken it to Aldo like Mendes did. And then he came out and KO'd Lamas in under a round whereas Aldo didn't even finish Lamas.

And you ask why was Mendes picked over Frankie, who, If I remember correctly, had just fought Faber to a rather boring decision.

Seriously, you rabid McHaters have the combined IQ of a goldfish.

'Mendes was the bigger name at the time'

No. Frankie is a former champion, defended it several times, beat BJ Penn. Mendes was never a bigger name than Frankie, then, now, or ever.

'Many scored the fight for Mendes'

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/5634/José-Aldo-vs-Chad-Mendes

Many = 1? Because out of all the major MMA media outlets only one person scored it for Mendes.

'He KO'ed Lamas'

Okay? KO'ing Lamas > Beating Olivera, Cub, BJ, and Faber? I certainly don't think so. Mendes was on a one fight win streak, Frankie was on a four fight win streak.

And hell I'll even take the BJ fight out since that was such a disgrace, Frankie still was on a better streak.

'Frankie fought to a decision over Faber'

That's about the only valid point, Mendes was coming off a spectacular win where Edgar/Faber was a tad dull, but I ask you whose exactly finishing Faber? Barao? That's the only guy whose finished him in the UFC.

'Mendes was the bigger name at the time'

No. Frankie is a former champion, defended it several times, beat BJ Penn. Mendes was never a bigger name than Frankie, then, now, or ever.

'Many scored the fight for Mendes'

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/5634/José-Aldo-vs-Chad-Mendes

Many = 1? Because out of all the major MMA media outlets only one person scored it for Mendes.

'He KO'ed Lamas'

Okay? KO'ing Lamas > Beating Olivera, Cub, BJ, and Faber? I certainly don't think so. Mendes was on a one fight win streak, Frankie was on a four fight win streak.

And hell I'll even take the BJ fight out since that was such a disgrace, Frankie still was on a better streak.

'Frankie fought to a decision over Faber'

That's about the only valid point, Mendes was coming off a spectacular win where Edgar/Faber was a tad dull, but I ask you whose exactly finishing Faber? Barao? That's the only guy whose finished him in the UFC.

I didn't say that Mendes has accomplished more than Frankie in MMA.

But Frankie's LW achievements did not make him the "hotter" fighter at the time. He was right up there as one of the two most deserving fighters. Defn could fairly have been given the shot. But Mendes came of an extremely close competitive fight against Aldo (more competitive than Frankie v Aldo). Many fighters thought Mendes had won. Then Mendes starched Lamas. Often the most recent performance counts most - and, in any event, Mendes was fighting and/or beating higher level opponents. Aldo/Lamas are higher level than Olivera, Cub, BJ, and Faber - BJ who was way below his best, and Faber who had just came back up from BW and who Frankie fought to a boring decision.

Be reasonable. At the least its arguable that Mendes was more deserving, and you one cannot say that Mendes was the easier fight at the time or that Conor was being protected. To protect Conor, they could have called off the fight or given him another Siver and then Aldo.

Werdum vs conor ufc 200. Champion vs champion

until he gets KTFO'd by someone - then he won't 'fight anyone' anymore. Diaz is right - Conor has made his name fighting midgets. Now he's going to be fighting guys his own size. It might be tough for Nate to be ready and win with only 10 days' notice - but Conor is quickly approaching the 'out of his league' category of fighters. This whole b.s. will end just like the Ronda b.s. ended.

What the fuck are you talking about .
Conor was fighting RDA next who has smashed everyone he has fought except Khabib .Why would Conor be afraid to fight Pettis , Cerrone or Alverez ect if he was going to fight RDA who went running ?
Like seriously ,have a word with yourself . The UFC are playing it smart
He will fight RDA at UFC 200 and in the meantime they matched him up with an oppenent that likes to fight and will sell ppvs . Conor will fight anyone and RDA will get it next but in the meantime why not just make a fun fight with a Diaz brother ?

Back