Dana says BMF is one and done, but are we gonna track lineage anyways?

Again, it’s MMA and not boxing.

I never get this complaint.

N it’s a bmf belt where fighters are expected to fight, not claim victory by controlling your opponent for 25 minutes

Don’t know why this is so hard?

b32167eef46057f43bfc3ca0ea53155c85a9319f8e55064c5445c7bfe87d8877.jpg

Much like the "Million Dollar Championship" in WWE the BMF title will likely become unsanctioned following this bout and only be defended when/if the holder chooses to put it on the line. It is likely fans will pressure the BMF Champion to put in on the line when that fighter faces an opponent deemed suitably "badass".

N it’s a bmf belt where fighters are expected to fight, not claim victory by controlling your opponent for 25 minutes

I’m talking about Diaz complaining about that style of fighting. Go and box if MMA does not suit him.

The winner of this fight will be announced as fighting McGregor, which will coincidentally correspond with the BMF belt being renamed as the inaugural 165lb division belt.

So obvious that they're trying to backdoor Conor to a title.

What, like Diaz did to Pettis in his last fight? Or like 90% of Masvidal's fights (people seem to forget that before those two awesome KO's he was a fucking decision machine for the most part). Fuck off out of here!

On the TS subject, yes, because if you think about it it makes sense. Both of these guys will lose to the champion, and the winner of this gets the shot at the champ, so in two fights time, the BAMF will be Usman/Covington I'd imagine. And then if someone beats them, they've also just beaten the actual champ meaning they are now the BAMF. KInd of like MMA in general really, if you know what I mean? Like beating the champion makes you the best in the division and thus, by logical default, the best fighter in the division, and thus, the BAMF.

The winner of this fight will be announced as fighting McGregor, which will coincidentally correspond with the BMF belt being renamed as the inaugural 165lb division belt.

So obvious that they're trying to backdoor Conor to a title.

NOWWWWWWWWWWWW

This is something I actualy never, ever considered and I'm being serious! Call me dumb, but I never considered this and its definitely something they would do! 100%. Even BETTER if Nate wins - then they combine the trilogy fight with a brand new spanking title for McGregor to fight for and hopefully win!

Nah it will be made fun of..

It's a joke belt, might as well be the "Be My Friend" belt.

whoever wins will want a title fight. and feel entitled to one.
who ever wins will fight mcgregor since they cant beat the champion and mcgregor isnt beat khabib.

What, like Diaz did to Pettis in his last fight? Or like 90% of Masvidal's fights (people seem to forget that before those two awesome KO's he was a fucking decision machine for the most part). Fuck off out of here!

On the TS subject, yes, because if you think about it it makes sense. Both of these guys will lose to the champion, and the winner of this gets the shot at the champ, so in two fights time, the BAMF will be Usman/Covington I'd imagine. And then if someone beats them, they've also just beaten the actual champ meaning they are now the BAMF. KInd of like MMA in general really, if you know what I mean? Like beating the champion makes you the best in the division and thus, by logical default, the best fighter in the division, and thus, the BAMF.

Yeah Masvidal last 4 wins are by ko n outta Nate’s 20 wins, 16 are by finish

Much better than gsp having 2 finishes (including bj quitting on the stool) in his last 10 fights

I’m talking about Diaz complaining about that style of fighting. Go and box if MMA does not suit him.

Well he got to fight for bmf belt n he won’t face dry humping wrestlers

We have to follow this BMF shit through. It might be one and done in terms of the UFC not bringing it up, but will it become a thing fans pay attention to... with the lineage?
If by "we" you mean "someone", then ya. Sure.

For example, here's the lineal HW BAMF

Fedor --> Werdum --> Bigfoot --> Cain --> Werdum again --> Stipe --> DC --> Stipe again.

But after this post, I'll never look again, no matter how many "we"s try to track it.

It's the sherdoggers sworn duty to track lineages.

This should be the oficial belt for the Franklinweight and Rumbleweight bouts

we'll track but be dicks about it.

like if the winner fights stephen thompson, we're calling it an exhibition match.

We have to follow this BMF shit through. It might be one and done in terms of the UFC not bringing it up, but will it become a thing fans pay attention to... with the lineage?
It's not one and done, ufc aplied for a trademark for bmf

Every weight class will have it's own BMF belt. Then of course we will have interim BMF belts and a unified open weight BMF belt.

Don't forget the interim interim BMF belt. Holloway and Pettis can rematch for it at 170.

I like that boxing officially recognizes the lineal championship and it would be interesting to make this BMF a thing. I just wish it was open weight/catch weight so essentially a P4P title.

Back