Dana says Barao likely gets next title shot - but Faber possible

Barao's last performance was light years better than Faber's.

Faber should have a dq or nc. He was losing that fight

I'm down, wanted to see Dillashaw/Cruz very, very bad, but not much we can do about that. Dillashaw/Barao 2 will be very fun to watch regardless of what happens. And even though he doesn't deserve it, I'd give anything to see Dillashaw/Faber. Great storyline there, and stylistically would be awesome. Really that's the fight I want, I just never thought it'd happen. Sounds like they're thinking about though. I'm ok with either one of these. They need to start building up some of these up and coming guys at 135 though.

Who gouged eyes?

Do you even watch the ufc? Talking shit about barao after a nice win/finish in a ballsy performance by gagnon (who is no can), then you don't even recall how faber was getting his ass-kicked by motherfucking rivera until he nearly scratched rivera's eye out.

Barao would have to get it, I think, with the other guys out for injury. Not sure, so no complaint.

Please don't give Faber a title shot after an eye poke win.

Do you even watch the ufc? Talking shit about barao after a nice win/finish in a ballsy performance by gagnon (who is no can), then you don't even recall how faber was getting his ass-kicked by motherfucking rivera until he nearly scratched rivera's eye out.

Faber is an stupid option put forward to make a slightly less stupid option seem more viable and not be contested.

Faber shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot. And yes Barao's performance blew ass, he should've walked through Gagnon but didn't come close.

The Barao that fought Gagnon would've been KO'd by the bath tub no sweat.

So when a contender isn't ready we just hand it to somebody who clearly isn't ready/worthy?

They'll be surprised this sells like 130k PPV's even though the outcome is predictable and nobody wants to see it

You give it to who's available. Otherwise you got a champ who's sitting on his assistant for a yeah.

Mayweather and Pacquiao can pull that shit since they're well known names, TJ needs to fight often right now to build his brand/hype.

Remember how much attention JBJ was getting when he was fighting a top fighter every 3 months or less?

Faber is an stupid option put forward to make a slightly less stupid option seem more viable and not be contested.

Faber shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot. And yes Barao's performance blew ass, he should've walked through Gagnon but didn't come close.

The Barao that fought Gagnon would've been KO'd by the bath tub no sweat.

I guess we watched different fights because I saw a barao that made solid adjustments, showed great tdd, crisp strikes, and is as lethal as ever on the ground. Maybe you would have been more impressed if he were fighting joe soto.

They'll be surprised this sells like 130k PPV's even though the outcome is predictable and nobody wants to see it

So basically it is the exact same as the first fight then?

Its hilarious how many people said they werent going to watch the first fight because dillishaw didnt have a chance and didnt deserve a title shot. Now after an average title defense against joe fucking soto people think the complete opposite. :icon_lol:

Im a fan of dillishaw but the first fight was TJ at his very best against Barao at his very worst, im interested to see how the rematch plays out.

Fuck that. Faber shouldn't get a title shot off of a bullshit eye poke win. Rivera better get his rematch.

I guess we watched different fights because I saw a barao that made solid adjustments, showed great tdd, crisp strikes, and is as lethal as ever on the ground. Maybe you would have been more impressed if he were fighting joe soto.

Just pure rose tinted goggles posting.

Barao was expected to walk through Gagnon and instead looked paltry, He clearly bested Barao in the first and the second was close, Barao managed to finish him late which isn't going to make up for looking awful prior to that, unfortunately.

Joe Soto works Gagnon on any given day.

Barao was expected to walk through Gagnon and instead looked paltry, He clearly bested Barao in the first and the second was close, Barao managed to finish him late which isn't going to make up for looking awful prior to that, unfortunately.

I doubt you had any credibility to begin with, but claiming that gagnon was at any point winning that fight is both asinine and moronic. Maybe people who thought this was still 2012 and gagnon was coming off his loss to caraway thought this would be a stroll in the park for barao, but mitch has improved significantly over the past couple of years and he showed it in that fight. I'm guessing the fact that people were convinced it was going to be easy for barao then decided gagnon must have been winning since he managed to survive the first and the second.

Then again, if we went by people's expectations Dillashaw wouldn't even have gotten his shot since he was just a very easy win for Barao.

Idk why everyone gives Barao crap for his last fight... He finished a top #15 guy while taking little damage & showing great TDD.

I doubt you had any credibility to begin with, but claiming that gagnon was at any point winning that fight is both asinine and moronic. Maybe people who thought this was still 2012 and gagnon was coming off his loss to caraway thought this would be a stroll in the park for barao, but mitch has improved significantly over the past couple of years and he showed it in that fight. I'm guessing the fact that people were convinced it was going to be easy for barao then decided gagnon must have been winning since he managed to survive the first and the second.

The fight was even on the official score cards going into the 3rd round. So, yes, Gagnon was definitely winning at some point.

This is not to say I have a problem with Barao getting a title shot, the other 2 options are out with injuries, but he did not look like a top shelf fighter in tat fight.

Back