Dana says Barao likely gets next title shot - but Faber possible

nick diaz?

and really, if faber wont fight dillishaw, who else is there?

Frankie Edgar, He could make that weight and I think he'd be a dominant champ there.

I doubt you had any credibility to begin with, but claiming that gagnon was at any point winning that fight is both asinine and moronic. Maybe people who thought this was still 2012 and gagnon was coming off his loss to caraway thought this would be a stroll in the park for barao, but mitch has improved significantly over the past couple of years and he showed it in that fight. I'm guessing the fact that people were convinced it was going to be easy for barao then decided gagnon must have been winning since he managed to survive the first and the second.

Well as somebody has already pointed out, on the scorecards it was even, as most people had the fight going into the 3rd.

The fight was even on the official score cards going into the 3rd round. So, yes, Gagnon was definitely winning at some point.

This is not to say I have a problem with Barao getting a title shot, the other 2 options are out with injuries, but he did not look like a top shelf fighter in tat fight.

Like judges can't be blinded by their own biases/preconceptions? They're probably the type of idiots who think "holding someone against the cage" = "winning the round". I'm not even surprised by that stupidity any more.

Not 100% sure but aren't Faber and Dillashaw on the same team?

Maybe they can man up and just have a fight as mates. If you're friends it's a win-win situation anyway. Plus they've trained together so they know eachothers strengths and weaknesses which should rule "cheating" out.

U wut m8? Faber are you kidding me. Give it to Dodson, Franciso Edgar or someone else good god.

The Barao/Gagnon fight has got to be one of the weakest performances to ever get a title shot over.

What about the fact that Barao was set to get an immediate rematch against Dillashaw coming off of a five round beating?

Why?

He convincingly lost the first fight and looked like shit against Gagnon.
TJ didn't look like a world beater against his last opponent either who wasn't even ranked.

Well as somebody has already pointed out, on the scorecards it was even, as most people had the fight going into the 3rd.

Barao didn't look spectacular but only a delusional hater could possibly think he was losing that fight.

Even if by some miracle you give Gagnon the second,Barao was winning the third.

I agree that he would most likely get beat by TJ if he fought like that.
But who knows,people also thought TJ was a mediocre fighter who was going to be destroyed by Barao.

If TJ and Faber fight ill be shocked,im with the diaz bros on this one your either team mates or your enemies no matter what the money is,by beating the guy your taking money away from him.

what do they do if barao fails to make weight again, Soto 2?

yeeeah

BUT, sadly the odds would probably be heavily in favor of dillashaw

so fuck this shit

TJ supposedly wrecks faber in training

Uriah was getting a ass whooping until he got a fluke win last time he needs to rematch that last fight imo.

Neither fight makes any sense.

Barao got his ass whipped by Dillashaw and then put in a lackluster performance against a mediocre opponent.

Faber, at this point, is more known for losing than anything else.

Give it to Faber, it's easy money to earn betting against him ....in a title fight!

Just pure rose tinted goggles posting.

Barao was expected to walk through Gagnon and instead looked paltry, He clearly bested Barao in the first and the second was close, Barao managed to finish him late which isn't going to make up for looking awful prior to that, unfortunately.

Joe Soto works Gagnon on any given day.

Fyi Gagnon is ranked 14 places higher (ie better) than Soto.

As to clearly losing which fight were you watching?

He had some great wall n stall but otherwise never got anything worthwhile done.

Neither fight makes any sense.

Barao got his ass whipped by Dillashaw and then put in a lackluster performance against a mediocre opponent.

Faber, at this point, is more known for losing than anything else.

So what just leave the belt idle?

Back