Dana:no way in hell we're cutting leonard Garcia!

CJ21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He's lost 4 straight and doesn't even look like he can hang with the lower tier fighters. Since when is closing your eyes and throwing haymakers exciting?? He's a banger no doubt but he's not really good IMO. It's sad Dana and zuffa stand by fighters who are exciting and lose all the time, than fighters who dominate and win all the time. Maybe that's what's wrong with the UFC.

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/gener...na-white-says-leonard-garcias-job-secure.html

Well, as a casual fan, you can either

A) Watch Leonard Garcia fight or

B) Have his place taken by someone not guaranteed to go HD in every fight

Dana White is a Just Bleed fan.

they eventually cut Joe Daddy, so there will be a point where Garcia is going to have to get some wins

UFC needs to stop cutting exciting fighters, period.

What they NEED to do is cut boring fighters after a boring performance win.

Dana knows that the "Just Bleed" crowd orders about 80% of the PPVs and buys about 99% of the Tapout shirts.

And tell me you as a "smart fan" don't get amped up when two guys are just wailing on each other in the center of the cage. It's part of the reason we like combat sports; no fight fan has ever sat on their hands through a slug fest and said "that was boring."

Mannn the UFC keeps losing credibility. I thought the best fighters in the world fought in this organization.

Dana knows that the "Just Bleed" crowd orders about 80% of the PPVs and buys about 99% of the Tapout shirts.

And tell me you as a "smart fan" don't get amped up when two guys are just wailing on each other in the center of the cage. It's part of the reason we like combat sports; no fight fan has ever sat on their hands through a slug fest and said "that was boring."

And the thread ends right there.

He's lost 4 straight and doesn't even look like he can hang with the lower tier fighters. Since when is closing your eyes and throwing haymakers exciting?? He's a banger no doubt but he's not really good IMO. It's sad Dana and zuffa stand by fighters who are exciting and lose all the time, than fighters who dominate and win all the time. Maybe that's what's wrong with the UFC.

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/gener...na-white-says-leonard-garcias-job-secure.html

Tha's not fair for other fighters.

Mannn the UFC keeps losing credibility. I thought the best fighters in the world fought in this organization.

Garcia's hypnotoad eyes work on Dana too

Go actually watch the fight instead of talking shit. He may have looked crap doing it but he beat Holloways ass. Bullshit decision.

Well, if UFC had operated Strikeforce like a feeder league, they could have sent Garcia down, let him pick up a win or two and moved him back.

If judges weren't awful he'd be 1-9 in his last ten.
But that would have had him with a win last night, which means he stays.

I wouldn't pay to watch him on a ppv. I also see no problem with keeping him on the roster. Give him fights on the prelims for Fx cards. I love his fights. I thought his fight last night was fantastic and one of the better ones of the evening. I scored it for Leonard as well. Dude is the peoples champ. Haters can hate.

You don't have to watch every fight, especially on the undercard. If you think a fighter should've been cut, then stop watching his fights.

The UFC is a privately-owned business, Dana can do whatever he wants for all i care.

UFC needs to stop cutting exciting fighters, period.

What they NEED to do is cut boring fighters after a boring performance win.
I completely agree with you on this. If youre a fighter and you show up to fight and put on a show, why should you get cut?

Back