Dana:no way in hell we're cutting leonard Garcia!

It's part of the reason we like combat sports; no fight fan has ever sat on their hands through a slug fest and said "that was boring."

Idk about that. There is a reason I don't watch TUF.

They have 200-300 fighters on their roster. You are never watching just to watch "the best", unless you are barely watching any MMA. Every event needs "filler", these guys are a mix of prospects, journeymen, and contenders.

A guy like Garcia plays a key role, he is a good journeyman for prospects to fight to gauge how good they are. You need guys like that, you don't want prospects all fighting each other because you don't learn a whole lot and you give them mandatory losses, which can lower their hype value. (It's fine to lower their hype value, but you want it done against a name fighter, not another unknown prospect.)

Also I think LG brings a lot o bang or the bucks.
Will never be a expensive guy for the UFC and you know he will bring it in every fight.
He is a good under card prelim fighter for the org.

Not everybody can be the best and a title contender.

TS needs to see things how the japanese mma fans see them.

Regardless of a fighters record, if they come to war and demonstrate fighting spirit every fight, they will always have a job.

If Garcia had been totally dominated and lost 30-27, then i would say his time was up. Due to the fight being close, i say he deserves one more shot, because some people actually thought he won. However, if Garcia loses his next fight, regardless if it was close or not, it is time for him to get his walking papers, since 5 straight losses would be too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back