News Dana: No LW Title Fights to Be Booked in Near Future

That makes no sense at all "but he's in rush to move the division on without him"

Then says in next line "He told me not to expect any lightweight fight booked in the near future"

What a contradiction.

Religion has nothing to do with Khabib's opponents, as you mentioned, since he fought them all. Usman's younger brother, Mohammed, is a Christian.

pjimage-3-1-2.jpg

Usman himself, is a Muslim:

Khabib might come back if someone other than RDA beats Makhachev. And that's a big if. He might fight GSP, and that's about it.

Usman is Christian. He tweeted he was a Christian before he deleted the tweet.

I see khabib wanting that forth title defense if he comes back. If he gets that, it'll be pretty hard to break that lw record.

Last edited:
GSP couldn’t fight for the LW belt because Dana was afraid EXACTLY THIS would happen. What a pathetic hypocrite piece of shit.

Shame! Shame! Shame!!!

you don't understand shit, if they strip him, he's not bound by the champion clause anymore
go read about that instead of whining

To me, this is a perfect time for a little tournament for the belt. I know the UFC doesn't like to do tournaments anymore, but a four-man one doesn't seem like *that* much of a reach.

Dustin, Conor, Justin, Tony. Winners meet. Losers meet (maybe).

Someone like Hooker and Oliveira on deck for replacement fighter(s) in case of injury.

Of course, they probably don't want to release Khabib from the champion clause, so this is a pipe dream. I'm sure when they move on it will be a one-fight for the belt.

I dont mind anyone winning the belt after would be paper champ anyway.

The 30-0 would be huge for UFC

I know it’s just a stupid number but they could market him as the “Floyd mayweather” of MMA

I see a lot more undefeated boxers then I see undefeated in MMA

his last fight should be against Conner if they wanna do REAL PPV

We need an interim-Title Grand Prix

TransAtlantic Interim Title
TransPacific Interim Title
EurAsian Interim Title
Oceania Interim Title
Continental Africa Interim Title

Then just let Khabib unify all the titles when he returns...
{<jordan}

We need an interim-Title Grand Prix

TransAtlantic Interim Title
TransPacific Interim Title
EurAsian Interim Title
Oceania Interim Title
Continental Africa Interim Title

Then just let Khabib unify all the titles when he returns...
{<jordan}
We need the ufc tv lw belt.

A lw united States championship lol

The 30-0 would be huge for UFC

I know it’s just a stupid number but they could market him as the “Floyd mayweather” of MMA

I see a lot more undefeated boxers then I see undefeated in MMA

his last fight should be against Conner if they wanna do REAL PPV
They pretty much already do. Why would 30 change that?

you don't understand shit, if they strip him, he's not bound by the champion clause anymore
go read about that instead of whining
I pointed this out earlier in this thread too. People just want everything the way they want it. They don’t care about the why’s....

Well, it's not like there's a clear cut contender. I'd like to see a 4 man tournament for the belt but it would probably violate WME's anti fun policy

Daan is a dirty m'fer. Let Khabib and his family be happy. If he wants to come back, let him fight GSP. Dana is a dirtbag sometimes.

Daan is a dirty m'fer. Let Khabib and his family be happy. If he wants to come back, let him fight GSP. Dana is a dirtbag sometimes.
How does this affect khabib negatively?

They need Khabib for that new stadium in Abu Dhabi next summer/fall with fans. And if it was a rematch with Conor. That would do massive numbers.
it would do massive numbers WHOEVER Khabib fights. Khabib could fight a janitor who works at McDonalds and it would do massive numbers.

Dana is good at pressing people's buttons. He knows every trick in the book to try really hard to get what he wants.
And he wants one more fight out of Khabib so he's definitely gonna let Khabib take ALL the time he wants to either 100% commit to definite retirement OR..... come back for one more fight.

Dana is using the "your Dad wanted you to get to 30-0" emotional tug. It might work, it might not, but that's what Dana is working on..... and til then....nobody else gets a LW title-fight, interim or otherwise. UFC will wait for Khabib for his final decision, and they won't do anything to piss him off.

How does this affect khabib negatively?

He said his Mom doesn't want him to fight without his father. He promised his Mom he would retire after the Justin fight. Khabib said if a man goes back on his word he's not a man, he's nothing. Now Dana is tryng to pressure Khabib with money, casuing a rift in his family. If Khabib wants to come back someday, it should be because his Mom gave her blessing, not because Dana pressured him and his family.

That makes no sense at all "but he's in rush to move the division on without him"

Then says in next line "He told me not to expect any lightweight fight booked in the near future"

What a contradiction.
I think Brett Okamoto simply made a mistake and meant to type "he's in no rush to move the decision on".

Back