News Dana: No LW Title Fights to Be Booked in Near Future

To be perfectly honest, if you give this whole fight thing enough time, there is a chance that Islam can rack up enough wins and be in contention to make a shot at the title.

If Islam by any chance wins that title, and starts defending it (even once), it will actually (implicitly) lead to Khabib himself being blocked from fighting in the UFC as a whole.
  • No way Khabib faces Islam for 155. They're allies.
  • He and Usman are fellow muslims and allies so he can't fight him either.
  • Khabib has his undefeated record to preserve so he'll more or less be kept away from 170 (unless he really wants to move up but I doubt it).
  • He's not getting any younger and father time always wins, so younger hungrier guys are going to give older guys tougher fights anyways.
To be honest, UFC and the staff there should just leave him alone. He was a big draw mainly because of Conor and won't be as big of a hit if Conor isn't in the limelight.
with his last tweet condonning beheadings as just punishment UFC needs to get out of the Khabib bussiness .

with his last tweet condonning beheadings as just punishment UFC needs to get out of the Khabib bussiness .
I mean, if Khabib really doesn't want to fight in the UFC again, he'd probably be A-OK with making controversial statements despite the consequences. For all we know, Dana and the UFC may have been haggling Khabib for one more fight and it could be legit bothering Khabib to the point that he'd prefer to just fuck off or something.

Khabib hates fighting in the US btw, prolly since to him everything about that place is fucked compared to his home, literally.

He also doesn't like not having live crowds when he fights either.

I mean, if Khabib really doesn't want to fight in the UFC again, he'd probably be A-OK with making controversial statements despite the consequences. For all we know, Dana and the UFC may have been haggling Khabib for one more fight and it could be legit bothering Khabib to the point that he'd prefer to just fuck off or something.
Not much rational thought to align yourself with Islamic thinking publicly , but he did come out of the closet

Not much rational thought to align yourself with Islamic thinking publicly , but he did come out of the closet
Well from his POV, he doesn't have much to lose but he can gain many, many supporters by publically expressing his views like that. Mostly practitioners of Islam though.

why would the UFC want Conor to get the belt? That's the best possible way to ensure he stops fighting.
So it gives him some sort of 'legitimacy' to call out a smaller guy to fight at a heavier weight a year later for no reason.

The Saudi royals are not major owners of the UFC. The Hollywood agency WME is the owner.

I never

Said

They

Were

Owners

I said

They are

Danas buddies he holds events in Dubai

Learn to read

I agree with this move
It gives Khabib a chance to reconsider his retirement after a very emotional time in his life & it might motivate all of the remaining top contenders to fight one another

Back