News Dana: No LW Title Fights to Be Booked in Near Future

stalling the division even after retirement...

Dana is retiring the lighweight belt like the Lakers retired Kobe's jersey <Lmaoo>

stalling the division even after retirement...
How is he stalling the division? He retired. Its Dana who doesn't want to strip him. So DANA is stalling the division, not Khabib.

Khabib only fought and "retired" last week, as long there is no official news of him retiring like USADA testing pool retirement, he's still the champ, there is no reason to strip him, at least for now until a new title fight is being made.

Khabib will still be champ for at least couple of months.

How is he stalling the division? He retired. Its Dana who doesn't want to strip him. So DANA is stalling the division, not Khabib.

and you believed him?
he even told the Russian media another story, he's clearly not serious about retiring.

Khabib is the biggest cash cow for the UFC.
Dana White almost cried at the press conference after the fight.

To be perfectly honest, if you give this whole fight thing enough time, there is a chance that Islam can rack up enough wins and be in contention to make a shot at the title.

If Islam by any chance wins that title, and starts defending it (even once), it will actually (implicitly) lead to Khabib himself being blocked from fighting in the UFC as a whole.
  • No way Khabib faces Islam for 155. They're allies.
  • He and Usman are fellow muslims and allies so he can't fight him either.
  • Khabib has his undefeated record to preserve so he'll more or less be kept away from 170 (unless he really wants to move up but I doubt it).
  • He's not getting any younger and father time always wins, so younger hungrier guys are going to give older guys tougher fights anyways.
To be honest, UFC and the staff there should just leave him alone. He was a big draw mainly because of Conor and won't be as big of a hit if Conor isn't in the limelight.
Usman is Christian. Nonetheless, khabib has fought plenty Muslims on the Russian regional circuit so this negates much of that argument. Each men claim that don't want to fight each other because they're friends but I believe it's because they both find each other to be a threat to their strengths. Khabib having the skills advantage and usman having the size advantage
and you believed him?
he even told the Russian media another story, he's clearly not serious about retiring.

Dana white could strip him but he won't. I think khabib will take with his mom and see how Islam does against RDA. If Islam beats RDA is exciting fashion, I believe khabib status retired and leaves the testing pool. If Islam suffers a set back loss, he might come back just my opinion

Khabib is the biggest cash cow for the UFC.
Dana White almost cried at the press conference after the fight.
I'd say Conor is but Khabib is more important to the expansion of the UFC in the middle east, Russia and Muslim dominant countries around the world.

I bet Saudi would pay hella money to have khabib headline at one of their arenas

Promotion wise it actually makes more sense of make it an interim title than a full title anyway.

Interim title basically means "we think Khabib is coming back and the winner of this fights him" which probably gets alot more hype than "this fight desides who the second best LW is".

I'd say Conor is but Khabib is more important to the expansion of the UFC in the middle east, Russia and Muslim dominant countries around the world.

I bet Saudi would pay hella money to have khabib headline at one of their arenas

No Conor isn't. Conor is only a PPV success in the US.
The most income is generated by Khabib with huge tv deals all around the world.
Conor is occasional money for the UFC.
Khabib is structural money long term for the UFC.

A champ asks for the big drama show and retires.. So retire him FFS.

There are other great fighters in the division who aren't retired, who still live and die for this, who now deserve the respect.
These other great fighters are cans compared to the GOAT Khabib. Nobody deserves the belt now. The LW division dies with Khabib's retirement.

Khabib bless.

Lmaooo of course khabib isnt retired yet, ali abdelaziz's job is on the line he gotta bring khabib back,
mcnugget racist fans you thought the nightmare was over?

HEEEEELLL NAAAAAH khabib owns your chicken's soul for life, aint no fucking redemption homeslice

Last edited:
Usman is Christian. Nonetheless, khabib has fought plenty Muslims on the Russian regional circuit so this negates much of that argument. Each men claim that don't want to fight each other because they're friends but I believe it's because they both find each other to be a threat to their strengths. Khabib having the skills advantage and usman having the size advantage

Religion has nothing to do with Khabib's opponents, as you mentioned, since he fought them all. Usman's younger brother, Mohammed, is a Christian.

pjimage-3-1-2.jpg

Usman himself, is a Muslim:

Dana white could strip him but he won't. I think khabib will take with his mom and see how Islam does against RDA. If Islam beats RDA is exciting fashion, I believe khabib status retired and leaves the testing pool. If Islam suffers a set back loss, he might come back just my opinion

Khabib might come back if someone other than RDA beats Makhachev. And that's a big if. He might fight GSP, and that's about it.

God Dana is such an assclown

Back