Dana: "More impressive winner of Hendricks/Brown, Macdonald/Lombard gets next shot"

I didnr even know hendricks was fighting brown. Should be an interesting matchup.

this is silly Brown is a much easier foe then Lombard.

If lombard gasses out in could see Rory stopping him with this stipulation in place...so I like it. Encourages finishes.

I'm not Hendricks and was glad when Robbie won. BUT, according to UFC's own rankings, Johny is the number one contender while Rory is number two, as it should be for the reasons I stated.

Let's not forget that Hendricks wouldn't have even been in the title picture if he didnt get split decision wins over kosher and pierce. Both those decisions could have gone either way.

The only person of those 4 id like to see fight the champ is Lombard cus he is the only one of them that didn't lose to lawler last year.

It would be fun if Diaz won and than Dana:
"Listen, this kid just beat the GOAT from the above weightclass, I guess he is next in line"

This is clearly what is going to happen, if Diaz wins.

Basically, all Dana is saying here is, "Just Bleed! I need moar ratings!"

That is retarded.

It will be a lot easier to look impressive vs Matt Brown than vs Hector Lombard. What a joke lol.

jordan gif. NEVER put a mic in front of dana. unless its for comedy

Wrong. Diaz gets next title shot after he beats Silva

Dana doesn't expect Silva to lose, but trust me he will.

The winner of Rory and Lombard should get the shot next.

Winner of Hendricks vs brown gets title shot?

Bruh. they're both coming off losses to the champ they don't deserve a shot.

Brown could knock out Hendricks in the first round and Mac/Lombard could be a 5 round snoozefest, no way in fucking hell they have Brown fight for the title next.

When determining who is next in line:

Dana's mood > any other factor

This is just another reason as to why UFC needs to restructure how they deliver their product. Here we have potentially 6 guys who can get a title shot if they win their next fight, all because the champ is sitting out until early spring. However, if the next deserving guy is Rory or Lombard, who fight in March, they aren't going to have a quick turn around and fight for the title by April or May. That pushes the title fight back to sometime in the summer. It's certainly not Robbie's fault - he busted his ass in 2014 to get where he is. He does deserve time off after such an active year.

The problem lies with how UFC structures all of these divisions. When contender fights are months apart and a the champ waits for the #1 guy, it causes more delays and more delays and just a bunch of sitting around and lost opportunities.

Maybe we need some sort of timeline for when a champion fights and when they contenders should be fighting to ensure they are ready when the champ is ready.

Winner of Rory vs Lombard gets title shot.

End of story

I think the UFC finds that Rory Macdonald is too calm, too mellow, too boring to have him as a Welterweight champion.

But they should have nothing to fear Lawler handled Rory once in combat and they should let Rory fight him if he can beat that monster Lombard.

Back