Dana has gone too far in welterweight division

I think the TS might not be playing with a full deck.

please shut your hole if you have nothing to actually contribute to the conversation. Lawler had a tough time with jake whereas Lombard had quicker knockouts than Lawler at the ww division. Matt Brown is a can crusher with 1 loss to Dong already!

Never understand why ppl are so adamant about order of title shots.

A case can be made for most of the UFC welterweights so chill out and relax. Many title fights are to come and most of those six fighters will be not far from contention

i see dumb comments coming from both sides itt

IMO...just my opinion but, I believe the reason it was announced is that Robbie keeps stepping up to fight anyone he can to earn the spot and Brown is on a tear. I am glad he is rewarding the guys that are stepping up and not playing safe.

Stun Gun and Lombard collectively are more impressive than Lawler and Brown.

in6fz4.jpg

Stun Gun is no doubt more impressive than Brown but you're trippin, TS.

Stun Gun has a victory over Brown and is ranked higher. Lombard is as impressive as Lawler is. Ellenberger broke his hand giving Lawler the win in the last fight.

LOL, dumbest post of the day.

IMO...just my opinion but, I believe the reason it was announced is that Robbie keeps stepping up to fight anyone he can to earn the spot and Brown is on a tear. I am glad he is rewarding the guys that are stepping up and not playing safe.

IMO Dana is taking advantage of the fact that Lawler would even fight Mark Hunt if Dana asked him to. As long as Lawler can fight for the title next.

Dana is a sneaky bastard.

I believe this may be the first time in the history of the UFC that two fighters with double digit losses will fight each other to see who gets a title shot

Robbie Lawler with 10 losses vs Matt Brown with 11 losses for a title shot at WW? Come on. Robbie just fought for the title and Matt Brown can't sell a PPV (his last fight was attended by only 6,000 people for a measly gate just over $400,000)

On another note, never believe a word DW says. He has made these claims many times only to go back on them.

I'm not arguing that Brown is a draw but I imagine both Brown vs Lawler and Brown vs Hendricks would sell better than Brown vs Erick Silva.

If Lawler vs Brown is a stinker of a fight (not sure how that could be) and Rory and Woodley is Hendo/Shogun 1 level, then things could change.

Stun Gun has a victory over Brown and is ranked higher. Lombard is as impressive as Lawler is. Ellenberger broke his hand giving Lawler the win in the last fight.
Having an old win over someone means next to nothing in this context. Anderson has some old loses as well.

Rankings don't matter

I like Matt Brown, but to me Lawler is one body shot away from a TS.

Woodley is still not convincing enough, plus he is barely known. Rory is great, but his last fights have not been worthy of a TS and one of those was a very boring loss. Lombard would gass out by the end of round 2. Stun Gun used to be one of the most boring fighters, he changed his style and now is more exciting, but still does not deserve a shot. Him vs Lombard is a good fight.

The ones who really deserve the TS are Condit and Lawler, plus I think they are the only ones who can beat Hendricks, too bad Condit got injured.

Dana says a lot of things to get you to tune in.

IMO Dana is taking advantage of the fact that Lawler would even fight Mark Hunt if Dana asked him to. As long as Lawler can fight for the title next.

Dana is a sneaky bastard.

Yeah, Robbie has already earned his rematch. Unfortunately he's a victim of his own willingness to fight and Matt Brown's necessity for a top10 opponent unlikely to grapplefuck him.

Not only does Stun Gun have an old victory over Brown, but he finished Silva quicker than Brown did. Brown vs Maia or Condit would have put 2 losses on his record. Chew on that.

Robbie deserves number #1 contender match. Lot people believe he beat big rig, it was a very close fight. If look at Robbie lost record you see half of them are from fighting MW that could fight at LHW. Plus Robbie is big game player at WW. Matt might not have top 5 win yet but He has been on a really good win streak. If he beat Robbie, specially puts Robbie away. He wouldn't be that big under dog fighting big rig with victory over Robbie.

But yea lambert deserves a #1 contender match too, hopefully he gets on soon if he wins his next fight or skip him to a title shot.

Rory shouldn't get one, think he a lil over rated right now a top 10 contender but not a top 5.

Stungun is a hot or cold fighter, some times he look unstoppable then others he doesn't look so great but he has beat some really good game fighters. If he can win his next fight or two he should get a title shot.

WW looking really good for match ups and title shots now.

I don't disagree with that fight. Lawler vs Brown makes sense for the next shot, especially with how close Lawler vs Hendricks was.

DHK didn't even beat him that bad, it was somewhat split down the middle about who won.

Back