Dana has gone too far in welterweight division

I like that whoever joined this site within the last 48 months is automatically a "New Fan".

images

DHK has only been crushing lately. Brown has been on a long crushing streak. Lombard left a promotion where he had the belt fights for MW. He then proceded by cutting to WW.

Lawler has been huge with fans, but he has also earned his fight. I agree, LAWLER WW champ 2014

When did that happen?

wait, I just reread what he posted. I don't think he's saying that rory lost the razor thin decision. I think it's just a very poorly constructed sentence. either way. i'm inclined to believe the poster is an idiot.

Stun Gun has a victory over Brown and is ranked higher. Lombard is as impressive as Lawler is. Ellenberger broke his hand giving Lawler the win in the last fight.

Stun Gun's victory over Brown is from like 5 years ago.
If your gonna dig up old shit you should note that Karo beat Stun Gun not much after.

As for Ellenberger, he was getting his ass handed to him the whole fight.

Also Lombard looked hideous against Shields.

Stun Gun has a victory over Brown and is ranked higher. Lombard is as impressive as Lawler is. Ellenberger broke his hand giving Lawler the win in the last fight.

Breaking your hand is a tactical mistake usually stemming from a missed punch or an opponent blocking with elbows, not a god dam excuse to degrade the winners victory. Lawler clearly hurt his hand too, and used said hand to end the fight. If I'm not mistaken he was beating Jake's ass for 3 rounds, so he must've broken his hand in the first minute eh?

I believe this may be the first time in the history of the UFC that two fighters with double digit losses will fight each other to see who gets a title shot

Robbie Lawler with 10 losses vs Matt Brown with 11 losses for a title shot at WW? Come on. Robbie just fought for the title and Matt Brown can't sell a PPV (his last fight was attended by only 6,000 people for a measly gate just over $400,000)

On another note, never believe a word DW says. He has made these claims many times only to go back on them.

"oh double digits losses"

nice fucking argument

maybe lawler is gonna get his chance at the title again cause his shot at the title was a really close decision, that many said that he won, so y its fair

your lame ass gsp got a rematch too, even when he got his ass kicked convincingly, so

Matt is on a 7 fight win-streak and most of them are wars.

Lawler made a career comeback demolishing everyone until loosing a super close decision to Hendricks ( some people thought he won )

I recon that The Dong last 2 fights were amazing but him and Lombard together dont make half the fighters that Robbie or Matt are.

Was going to make fun of your Ronaldo GOAT sig but then I saw where you're from and realized your extreme bias...so it's understandable.

I believe this may be the first time in the history of the UFC that two fighters with double digit losses will fight each other to see who gets a title shot

Robbie Lawler with 10 losses vs Matt Brown with 11 losses for a title shot at WW? Come on. Robbie just fought for the title and Matt Brown can't sell a PPV (his last fight was attended by only 6,000 people for a measly gate just over $400,000)

On another note, never believe a word DW says. He has made these claims many times only to go back on them.

That's interesting... Both those guys have found their groove very late in their career, but I truly believe it isn't how good you were, it's how good you are now. Robbie has become much more technical and worked a hell of a lot on his wrestling which seemed to be the reason he always lost. Matt Brown has mastered cornering people and knocking them out, he's an exciting guy, once they get his name out there I'm sure he could sell PPV's

From a business perspective, what Dana recently posted on Twitter makes sense.
It may not be a formal announcement yet, but we can do the math that it WILL be soon. Dana said that the winner of Lawler vs Brown will get the title shot.

There is one problem. Tyron Woodley and Rory have not even fought yet. Stun Gun and Lombard collectively are more impressive than Lawler and Brown. After these fights take place, THEN an announcement is due on who gets the title fight.

Why does everyone always blame Dana for the match making? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Dana has very little say in the match up. Doesn't Joe silva do the match making?????

Yes, Lawler did just fight and many thought he won the fight. Either way, it was a very very close fight. And Lawler has already beaten Rory, he absolutely deserves a rematch after destroying (his name escapes me)

Was going to make fun of your Ronaldo GOAT sig but then I saw where you're from and realized your extreme bias...so it's understandable.

if the joke's good you can throw it at me ill laugh :icon_chee

robbie beat rory and dominated ellenberger--i think he's up there for a title fight. i'm not that convinced that brown should be up there, but he's on a roll so let's see where he is now.

who else is there? rory recently lost to lawler and he has recently had one of the most boring ufc performances against ellenberger...

stungun has a nice shiny record and all but he seems a couple fights away.

a more compelling title eliminator might be woodley vs. lawler.

Never believe a word Dana says.

I think the TS might not be playing with a full deck.

Lawler/Brown is the righteous #1 contender fight. Whoever looks most impressive out of Rory/Woodley and DHK/Hector should get the shot after that. Makes the most sense to me.

So losses should determine what chance a fighter gets & not his current status? That makes no sense whatsoever.

The attendance in Cincinnati was on par with other fight night attendances in similar sized cities. That's more to do with the UFC & less to do with Brown.

Woodley is 3-2 in last five. Getting completely KTFO in one & big asterisk by the "win" over Condit.

And yes, Dana promises all the time so I put no faith in who he says gets the next title shot. He announced twice that Lyoto was getting a re-match with Jones.

Back