Dana Explaining UFC Decision Behind Jones Cocaine Test

Classic Dana. Nothing to see here.

there's a lot of things you can criticize about the ufc and the nac and the way they do their thing.

But the cocaine metabolites have ZERO effect on wether a fight can and should take place or not.

They are not something DC or the public have to or even deserve to know. They are not a reason to cancel the fight, create a big shitstorm over nothing or even mess with Jones head before the fight.

They handled this very well and in the only right way. But now it's time to come clean, there are other irregularities with the test and this needs to be dealt with asap and with complete transparency.

this whole thing wouldn't be anywhere blown out of proportion the way it is if it was, say Nick Diaz instead of Jones.

Remember the shitstorm when Jones got his DUI? Yeah, Diaz got two in 1 year, nobody even cares.
What would people say if Diaz got drug tested in a random test and "failed" an accidental THC metabolite test that has no effect on the fight and won't have consequences? "Oh Nick you're so cool for smoking weed. Look at me, I smoke weed too every day. So cool"

there's a lot of things you can criticize about the ufc and the nac and the way they do their thing.

But the cocaine metabolites have ZERO effect on wether a fight can and should take place or not.

They are not something DC or the public have to or even deserve to know. They are not a reason to cancel the fight, create a big shitstorm over nothing or even mess with Jones head before the fight.

They handled this very well and in the only right way. But now it's time to come clean, there are other irregularities with the test and this needs to be dealt with asap and with complete transparency.
Of course this is Dana we are talking about but did you just hear Dana say that you cannot take illegal drugs and if you do, you can get suspended for a year? He even specifically said "weed, cocaine...".

But yes, there is a much bigger fish out here and it's stickied already.

Why so glum Dana, this is a good thing apparently.

Regardless of Dana, they should not be testing guys for recreational drugs out of competition. That is what you do to parolees. Being in the UFC is like joining Islam now. Can't drink, do other drugs, all must dress and think a like, it is ridiculous.

Regardless of Dana, they should not be testing guys for recreational drugs out of competition. That is what you do to parolees. Being in the UFC is like joining Islam now. Can't drink, do other drugs, all must dress and think a like, it is ridiculous.

Spoken like the true Bones.

Dude, you're right man. The UFC should not be testing their employees for recreational drugs since no other work place, company, or corporation does that right? I mean none of the workplaces in the US are testing employees for recreational drugs so why should the UFC? When was the last time any of us had to take a pee test for our jobs? Shit, screw drug testing...said JonesBones, oh the irony.

I can only wonder how bad Dana wanted Cormier to win.

Jones is ALL trouble. When he is not being a diva, he is being a pain in the ass.

And now he has to go out there and act like a fucking goof in front of the cameras trying to protect a guy he probably despises.

Everyone knows Dana is going to protect his cash cow. Mma is a pseudo sport. The quicker the majority of mma fans accept this, the quicker we can move on to better match ups and more enjoyment of the sport, instead of people being crybabies about what a fighter does in their off time. Now, I'm off to do some heroin.

Dude, you're right man. They should not be testing for recreational drugs...heck none of the workplaces in the US or any country should be testing for recreational drugs. Shit, screw drug testing...said JonesBones, oh the irony.

They shouldn't. Drug testing is a fuckin racket.

Everyone knows Dana is going to protect his cash cow. Mma is a pseudo sport. The quicker the majority of mma fans accept this, the quicker we can move on to better match ups and more enjoyment of the sport, instead of people being crybabies about what a fighter does in their off time. Now, I'm off to do some heroin.

If a PED or drug scandal renders a sport a pseudo-sport, then there are no real sports on the planet, including little league.

Jones drawing power has kept him safe. Otherwise there would of been a suspension and/or fine

pseudo sport is a meaningless term. mma is a sport. the ufc a promotion. it's no different than boxing, and of course a sport.

Not a blind Jones nut-hugger, or DC fanboy, but whoever made that video should really get the spin award. You take clips of Dana talking about what happens to fighters who test positive for banned substances and compare them to Dana talking about the Jones scenario, who, wait for it...........DID NOT test positive for a banned substance. Jones has not failed a single drug test that would cause the commission to stop a fight, postpone a fight, change the results of a fight, or anything else. Period. The UFC Can NOT strip a fighter's license to fight from an athletic commission. Period. The AC is the governing body. So, since Bones did not FAIL a single test, there was no reason to cancel anything.

In having said that, I don't know if the pre and post fight tests have came back yet, or not. If he hits for cocaine then, THEN we can rake Jones across the coals. Until then, STOP comparing someone pissing hot for a substance that is NOT a failure in out of competition times to fighters who have tested positive for the same, or similar drugs IN competition testing. It's not that hard, sherdog.

this whole thing wouldn't be anywhere blown out of proportion the way it is if it was, say Nick Diaz instead of Jones.

Remember the shitstorm when Jones got his DUI? Yeah, Diaz got two in 1 year, nobody even cares.
What would people say if Diaz got drug tested in a random test and "failed" an accidental THC metabolite test that has no effect on the fight and won't have consequences? "Oh Nick you're so cool for smoking weed. Look at me, I smoke weed too every day. So cool"

See that is ok if the UFC didnt have a code of conduct policy that Dana shares and specifically states cocaine as being part of it. The initial notice to the UFC of the failed test should have started Jones' one year suspension from the UFC. If they dont want to test for illegal recreational drugs that is fine by me but dont change the policy when it isnt convenient.

so jones doesn't break ac rules and dana is a hypocrite for that?

Of course this is Dana we are talking about but did you just hear Dana say that you cannot take illegal drugs and if you do, you can get suspended for a year? He even specifically said "weed, cocaine...".

But yes, there is a much bigger fish out here and it's stickied already.

Yes, IF you piss hot for those during a competition test, in which their presence is BANNED, and the AC will take action. If you piss hot for those during a test in which they are NOT banned, the AC does nothing. Do you know why? Because they are NOT banned during the tests he took. Hypocritical? Yes. Failed drug test? No.

Jones drawing power has kept him safe. Otherwise there would of been a suspension and/or fine

Please explain how there would have been any action because of Jones, considering he didn't fail a single test, as of now. The coke showed up, but is not banned during the time period it did show up. There is zero basis for fines or penalties, because no rules were broken.

Back