Dana Explaining UFC Decision Behind Jones Cocaine Test

Absolutely painful to watch.

"At times like these, we just care about Jon Jones the person, the human being, and not on how this will affect the UFC and the image of the sport" -- meanwhile forces him to go to rehab weeks later after the PPV.

Regardless of Dana, they should not be testing guys for recreational drugs out of competition. That is what you do to parolees. Being in the UFC is like joining Islam now. Can't drink, do other drugs, all must dress and think a like, it is ridiculous.

We'd probably agree on very few things, but this I can agree with.

See that is ok if the UFC didnt have a code of conduct policy that Dana shares and specifically states cocaine as being part of it. The initial notice to the UFC of the failed test should have started Jones' one year suspension from the UFC. If they dont want to test for illegal recreational drugs that is fine by me but dont change the policy when it isnt convenient.

but nobody who failed for weed was punished either, unless they fail the fight night tests. The difference is just everyone is rushing to the defense when Pat Healy gets popped for pot - on fight night mind you. But when Jones does coke out of competition people are ready to crucify him.

Sure Dana is a hypocrite as always, but the fan reaction and how different it is to when guys like Diaz or Healy are found to be smoking weed is really interesting.

Silvamoney,

Are you daft? Forcing someone to rehab is probably the best thing for them no matter their circumstances. You must have little experience with drug use in your family. Rehab is always better than no rehab.

"At times like these, we just care about Jon Jones the person, the human being, and not on how this will affect the UFC and the image of the sport"

bullshit_pilkington.gif

Didn't Diaz and Riddle also test positive, and yet both were severely punished? You can't pick and choose when to apply company wide policies. Otherwise it makes the organization look extremely unprofessional. There is no logic behind Jones getting off without any sort of reprimand.

"At times like these, we just care about Jon Jones the person, the human being, and not on how this will affect the UFC and the image of the sport" -- meanwhile forces him to go to rehab weeks later after the PPV.

Ding ding ding. Talk about spin. If the UFC or Dana really cared for Jon Jones the person, they would've forced Jones into rehab before the fight and not a month after he tests positive for cocaine. It's like "Hey son, I care for you and your well being. I see you may have a cocaine problem but no worries, go out and make yourself and me some money before checking into rehab, alright? You know I only want what's best for you!"

Dude, you're right man. The UFC should not be testing their employees for recreational drugs since no other work place, company, or corporation does that right? I mean none of the workplaces in the US are testing employees for recreational drugs so why should the UFC? When was the last time any of us had to take a pee test for our jobs? Shit, screw drug testing...said JonesBones, oh the irony.

Yeah, man. Drug screening and random testing is soooo incredibly rare. That darn UFC tryin' to hold a brotha down :rolleyes:

Regardless of Dana, they should not be testing guys for recreational drugs out of competition. That is what you do to parolees. Being in the UFC is like joining Islam now. Can't drink, do other drugs, all must dress and think a like, it is ridiculous.

I normally dont post and usually lurk, but this deserves a responds.

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. (In Dana White's Voice)

Did you get the visual?

Not a blind Jones nut-hugger, or DC fanboy, but whoever made that video should really get the spin award. You take clips of Dana talking about what happens to fighters who test positive for banned substances and compare them to Dana talking about the Jones scenario, who, wait for it...........DID NOT test positive for a banned substance. Jones has not failed a single drug test that would cause the commission to stop a fight, postpone a fight, change the results of a fight, or anything else. Period. The UFC Can NOT strip a fighter's license to fight from an athletic commission. Period. The AC is the governing body. So, since Bones did not FAIL a single test, there was no reason to cancel anything.

In having said that, I don't know if the pre and post fight tests have came back yet, or not. If he hits for cocaine then, THEN we can rake Jones across the coals. Until then, STOP comparing someone pissing hot for a substance that is NOT a failure in out of competition times to fighters who have tested positive for the same, or similar drugs IN competition testing. It's not that hard, sherdog.

(facepalm) He has THREE separate T:E tests that are WAY off, off enough to strongly suggest further investigation, i.e. probable cause. They can clear this up by simply doing a CIR test on both his urine samples. If in fact Jones is innocent then he and The UFC should be JUMPING at the chance to do the CIR exam and prove he's clean, picture that-"Jon Jones passes advanced screening-100% clear!"...they'd kill for that headline right now. I hope someone has the balls to push The UFC and The NSAC to do the CIR and not let this T:E issue be buried.

there's a lot of things you can criticize about the ufc and the nac and the way they do their thing.

But the cocaine metabolites have ZERO effect on wether a fight can and should take place or not.

They are not something DC or the public have to or even deserve to know. They are not a reason to cancel the fight, create a big shitstorm over nothing or even mess with Jones head before the fight.

They handled this very well and in the only right way. But now it's time to come clean, there are other irregularities with the test and this needs to be dealt with asap and with complete transparency.

this whole thing wouldn't be anywhere blown out of proportion the way it is if it was, say Nick Diaz instead of Jones.

Remember the shitstorm when Jones got his DUI? Yeah, Diaz got two in 1 year, nobody even cares.
What would people say if Diaz got drug tested in a random test and "failed" an accidental THC metabolite test that has no effect on the fight and won't have consequences? "Oh Nick you're so cool for smoking weed. Look at me, I smoke weed too every day. So cool"

T/E ratios and they knew it also!

UFC runs NSAC, Jones with such shady T/E should have never made it to the fight.

But everyone is on about the cocaine and making excuses for it which is also pathetic.

Havent you seen all those interventions when they recommend that someone with a substance abuse problem waits a month before getting treatment? If he is " sick " enough to need rehab ( we all know why hes in rehab) he sure as shit shouldn't be waiting a month to go. Anyone that would encourage and " addict " to wait a month to get treatment obviously cares nothing about that person.

Damn. Give Fox some credit for calling him out (indirectly) for being a hypocrite. Who's wearing clown shoes now, Dana?!

Didn't like how this was edited. It didn't really create the "gotcha" moment on Dana like it seemed to want to.

Back