Dana: "Conor vs. Dustin won't be for a title. Khabib will fight"

It's a great point...if Khabib is promise-his-mother dead serious about not fighting ever again...then why the hell is he still agreeing to USADA tests???

Dana: "If he’s still testing, why the hell would you want to test if you’re not gonna fight?"

giphy.gif

It's a great point...if Khabib is promise-his-mother dead serious about not fighting ever again...then why the hell is he still agreeing to USADA tests???
Just because there's a possibility doesn't mean it's likely. He could be doing it for polictical reasons. So for example the UFC will look to find islam fights so he dangles the carrot. Or he could entertain it but wants to see what his mom says in six months and might still decide to stay retired. We don't know.

I wouldn't take the indication of him being in the test pool to mean anything. If he was still in there and a year goes by than yeah I would raise suspicion

I expect him to say this so Khabib stays calm

then the day before the Conor vs Dustin fight announce it is for the title...

... and that is how Khabib will find out he is stripped.

And how the rematch will be bought about.

If you are serious about being retired then you have absolutely no reason to agree to USADA tests.

If you aren't 100% committed to retirement then you still get tested.

It's that simple.

winner of Poirier-Conor gets Ferguson-Chandler or something?

I expect him to say this so Khabib stays calm

then the day before the Conor vs Dustin fight announce it is for the title...

... and that is how Khabib will find out he is stripped.

And how the rematch will be bought about.
That's what I think it's likely too. That or make this a match and the winner of Tony-chandler gets the winner of conor-dustin for the official belt.

Khabib runs UFC. Conor was made to go back in line and humiliatingly stripped and here Dana doesnt want to touch Khabib's belt even after he retires.

Khabib bless.

If you are serious about being retired then you have absolutely no reason to agree to USADA tests.

If you aren't 100% committed to retirement then you still get tested.

It's that simple.

he’s perhaps sowing a bit of doubt to ensure McGregor doesn’t get the title shot? Only explanation I can think of. I would love for him to come back though

I doubt he will fight unless its GSP, & that would have to be at 170 or maybe 165 catchweight. I suppose they would still want him going into the fight as a champion. They can figure out who will fight for the vacant belt after Khabib/GSP.

I cant see Khabib coming back for a rematch against Conor/Poirier winner.

Back