Dana confirms UFC 190 is highest selling PPV of the year

It's a travesty for MMA that more people watched 190 than 189

Given the money he spent on promoting Conor and 189, this is actually more embarrassing to Dana than anything.

And Meltzer and Botter both reached the same conclusion from their own sources before Dana reported this.

how this is embarrassing

these ronda fanboys

smh

"Make no mistake about it, let's see who has the biggest numbers by the end of the year"

And CRUSHED.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/04gttgp, /m/0rfgxy2&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

He goes on in that quote to also say who has the highest attendace and highest gate. He has Ronda's gate beat but is about a thousand or two short in attendance, however if the MGM could have accomadated more he would likely be ahead there too.

He only has one PPV to her two, but the number is phenomenal. He is not ashamed nor was he "crushed". Both numbers (189 & 190) are beyond fantastic. If you factor in the TV rating he pulled for FS1 there is no denying how big of an MMA star he is.

But my point stands, you're salty.

how this is embarrassing

these ronda fanboys

smh

Dumped 10x the money on a stacked international fight week card in Vegas.
Got beaten by Brazil fight night level card headlined by can crushing C-level chick.

How is it not embarrassing.

And pointing out facts = Ronda fanboy? smh. Ronda isn't 1/10 the fighter McGregor is. BOOM, whatcha gonna call me now?

What does it matter if Ronda beat Conor? They both doubled anyone else's numbers. Plus, 189 was my favorite PPV this year by far. 190 had better prelims than 189 but the rest was kinda boring. Oh well, congrats to the UFC for bringing in big numbers back to back.

how this is embarrassing

these ronda fanboys

smh

Maybe because for weeks he said that it was the most the UFC had ever spent promoting a fight? Or that if the fight didn't do really well that the UFC might lose money? Or that he spent weeks saying Conor was the biggest star in the UFC? Or that it would be the highest selling card of the year?

If you spend a ton of money promoting someone as the "biggest star" with the biggest card and have them outrun by a weak card in Rio, yah, that could be a bit embarrassing.

Ufc puts freakshow ronda vs can. That is mma success, she is a bigger star than anyone else - zuffazombie

In fact it proves fans love freakshows

It's a travesty for MMA that more people watched 190 than 189

Real travesty for MMA that over those two PPV's did nearly 2 million buys combined.

Most if not all MMA fighters would love to be on the undercards of Rousey and Conor's PPV's if they can pull numbers like that.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Got beaten by Brazil fight night level card headlined by can crushing C-level chick.

And pointing out facts = Ronda fanboy? smh. Ronda isn't 1/10 the fighter McGregor is. BOOM, whatcha gonna call me now?

Clearly you have a strong anti-Conor bias. If it's embarrassing for Conor to sell fewer ppvs than Ronda, then it would tough to come up with a word to describe the buys for anyone else's ppvs.

The only idiot here is you. You could easily pick the past 30 day metric from the drop down and bypass the monthly aggregate prediction overestimate of recent events and get the accurate peak search volume.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/04gttgp, /m/0rfgxy2&date=today 1-m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

Still crushed.

And lol at using WSOF as example. Between the brawl and the Palhares shenanigans, WSOF's latest event did generate the most media attention. Get a clue, will ya?

LOL, you are very slow, were you dropped on your head as a kid?

What I am trying to explain to you is that the peak on the extreme right is innaccurate. It's a placeholder due to incomplete data. Google trends always shows the exact same slope and peak for any new event that is reasonably big news.

0uW1gmH.gif

In a couple of weeks it will show the actual peak which will be much smaller.

He goes on in that quote to also say who has the highest attendace and highest gate. He has Ronda's gate beat but is about a thousand or two short in attendance, however if the MGM could have accomadated more he would likely be ahead there too.

He only has one PPV to her two, but the number is phenomenal. He is not ashamed nor was he "crushed". Both numbers (189 & 190) are beyond fantastic. If you factor in the TV rating he pulled for FS1 there is no denying how big of an MMA star he is.

But my point stands, you're salty.

Attendance and gate doesn't mean anything when UFC is still, to this day a PPV business. UFC 100 had like what, 5 million gate and 10k attendance? Yet it absolutely crushed 189 in business. Only a nuthugger like you would say otherwise.

When you're headlining the most stacked card of the year during international fight week in Vegas, backed by the biggest promotion of the year, and you get beat in PPV numbers and CRUSHED in social media metrics by some C-level can crusher's fight night level card in Brazil (i.e. OUTSIDE NA, where PPV numbers are historically much, much weaker), you should absolutely be ashamed of yourself, especially after the amount of chest-pounding Conor did publically.

Also, salty? LOL, it's called facts. You must have not seen the shit I post about Ronda. Like I said in a previous post, she's not 1/10th the fighter Conor is, doesn't change the fact that he plays second fiddle to a 135lbs can crusher.

Clearly you have a strong anti-Conor bias. If it's embarrassing for Conor to sell fewer ppvs than Ronda, then it would tough to come up with a word to describe the buys for anyone else's ppvs.

It's not so much embarrassing for Conor (he still did a very good number) as embarrassing to Dana.

Dana hyped up the card to be the best thing since sliced bread and put out extraordinarily high expectations backed up by high impact marketing. That it didn't reach 1M buys hurts but isn't that bad.

That it was beaten by a weak card in Rio makes it embarrassing.

Card wasn't even bad...

I dunno. I had a TUF time staying awake during those finale fights.

It's not so much embarrassing for Conor (he still did a very good number) as embarrassing to Dana.

Dana hyped up the card to be the best thing since sliced bread and put out extraordinarily high expectations backed up by high impact marketing. That it didn't reach 1M buys hurts but isn't that bad.

I'm sure Dana would love to be embarrassed by 800k PPV buys every month.

well, if anything, he should be fucking happy that ronda sells that much

hes building a star in mcgregor, and the opponent change like 3 weeks before the fight for sure helped the fight to make less numbers

Maybe because for weeks he said that it was the most the UFC had ever spent promoting a fight? Or that if the fight didn't do really well that the UFC might lose money? Or that he spent weeks saying Conor was the biggest star in the UFC? Or that it would be the highest selling card of the year?

If you spend a ton of money promoting someone as the "biggest star" with the biggest card and have them outrun by a weak card in Rio, yah, that could be a bit embarrassing.

it still sold a lot

and, the opponent change, this probably played a part in it

LOL, you are very slow, were you dropped on your head as a kid?

What I am trying to explain to you is that the peak on the extreme right is innaccurate. It's a placeholder due to incomplete data. Google trends always shows the exact same slope and peak for any new event that is reasonably big news.

In a couple of weeks it will show the actual peak which will be much smaller.

You are slow indeed. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate about Google's numbers, it is only a matter of data presentation and you have no idea what you're talking about. What Google does when you select a long timeline (2004-present) is it shows search volumes per month, and for latest events, it extrapolates the data for the entire month based on current search volume, which gives a larger number than what's actually there. This is a problem easily bypassed, if you select a smaller timescale that presents daily search volume, like I already did:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/04gttgp, /m/0rfgxy2&date=today 1-m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=UFC 190, UFC 189&date=today 1-m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

The daily search volumes are accurate and up to date, and it shows Ronda blowing Conor out of the water, and UFC 190 doubling the search volume of 189. Stop talking out of your ass.

The fuck are you talking about? Both are fucking amazing buyrates.

I'm sure Dana would love to be embarrassed by 800k PPV buys every month.

No doubt. I'm sure that Dana is doing back flips over the number of PPV buys.

I do expect he'll be a bit more specific in how he advertises Conor -- maybe something like "the biggest star/draw in Men's MMA".

Back