Dana confirms Conor gets title shot with January win - likely Dublin in May

It doesn't make perfect sense from a "most deserving" perspective, but the purists have to remember that the UFC is in the ENTERTAINMENT business. They are interested in making money, not remaining pure to the sport. And personalities like Sonnen and McGregor (for good or for ill) entertain people and make the UFC more money.

If Conor beats Aldo, Frankie will be the FW champ sooner rather than later.

He's ranked ahead of Siver, so he really should be brought up. Why would Conor go to the number 10 guy after defeating the number 6 guy? When the number 7 guy is saying he wants to fight him? lol @ work his way up to Conor. Lentz has done plenty to fight Conor.

Maybe conor doesn't want to fight a boring scrub? He's trying to put on a show for the people, not a primer on how to beat down a lay and pray artist for 3/5 rounds.

Well, he's only fought 1 guy ranked number 6, and now he's facing the number 10 guy. You think that's a strong record for a title shot?

To be honest I don't care if he faces Aldo. But the fanboys claiming he's earned the shot and will beat Aldo based on his record is laughable. As well as the refusal to admit the lack of wrestlers. Especially when similar situations have happened so many times already and have never worked out.

The "lack of wrestlers" argument is just retarded. Why should anyone care or hold that against him?

And his resume can only be measured relative to the other "contenders" in the division. Who has had a fw title shot and done more than mcgregor to deserve one (if he beats siver)?

Not surprising. Gonna be fun seeing McGregor getting wrecked in his homeland.

The poster I quoted was comparing him to Dan Hardy who only had two KOs in his UFC run if I'm not mistaken. Only 20% finish rate in the UFC. Completely different subject what you're bringing up. Bait and switch too.
No it's not. Opponent quality plays a big factor in finishing rate.

Maybe conor doesn't want to fight a boring scrub? He's trying to put on a show for the people, not a primer on how to beat down a lay and pray artist for 3/5 rounds.

The "lack of wrestlers" argument is just retarded. Why should anyone care or hold that against him?

And his resume can only be measured relative to the other "contenders" in the division. Who has had a fw title shot and done more than mcgregor to deserve one (if he beats siver)?

again... because styles make fights...
such a n00b troll...

Conor gonna get that belt can't wait to hear excuses by aldo

hahahaha Wow. And Siver is the way to go for that then? lol

Frenkie.

But in reality, nobody has done enough for a true TS yet. Frenkie should fight Conor for the #1 contender.

Because wrestling is a big part of MMA, as proven fight after fight. And why is he avoiding them? When someone avoids a fighter, everybody claims "ducking." When Conor avoids wrestlers, it's "why should anyone care?"

again... because styles make fights...
such a n00b troll...

Do you do anything other than regurgitate cliches and memes? What a waste of space and bandwidth. Go sit in a tub with a toaster.

hahahaha Wow. And Siver is the way to go for that then? lol

Frenkie.

But in reality, nobody has done enough for a true TS yet. Frenkie should fight Conor for the #1 contender.

Eh, siver isn't a household name, but he's rarely in boring fights.

Yeah...see, that's where you fucked up. At fw, frankie's resume is honestly a joke. The only "tough" opposition he had was swanson, a guy who has a notorious predilection for being abused by grapplers/wrestlers, one might say...a tailor made opponent for edgar to beat, eh?

It doesn't make perfect sense from a "most deserving" perspective,

It certainly does. He has the longest streak in the division right now, four wins, three first round knockouts, probably four after Siver.

McGregor is 100% the most deserving.

Unrelated post : They just ran a trailer to tell you to tune in during the Bowl Championship game to see a trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.....
I don't think ever in the history of anything have I seen a trailer to watch a trailer....Ok back to normal posting...TY.

No it's not. Opponent quality plays a big factor in finishing rate.

Akihiro Gono, Marcus Davis, and Amir Sadollah must be world beaters! Alert the presses! All of these came to decision. Conor clobbered Dustin, who is at LEAST a top 10 fighter in that division at the time. He got knocked into a new weight division. You are either incredibly biased, or don't want to understand facts.

Holloway, Brandao, Poirier and Siver is in my opinion a pretty nice line of opponents. He won the first one with an injured knee and the other two he TKO'd in the first round. Now if he finishes Siver I would be more than happy to give him a title shot if it was up to me. You can't really say he isn't one of the absolute top dogs in featherweight division by then. Definitely worth a title shot.

George Roop
Ross Pearson
Charles Oliveira
Dustin Poiriver
Denis Siver
Jeremy Stephens

That is who Cub Swanaon had to go through to get a title eliminator against Frankie. Conman gets the keys to kingdom and a magic carpet ride over the wrestlers in the division. Complete hypocrisy by the UFC.

Do you do anything other than regurgitate cliches and memes? What a waste of space and bandwidth. Go sit in a tub with a toaster.

Which of what I said are cliches and memes? wtf...
looks like you don't even know what cliches and memes are...
But I don't really expect much from a troll... saying Siver is a legit wrestler...

Oh, I forgot, siver is a legit wrestler :icon_lol:

You guys all need to relax, if Conor ends up finishing Siver, he fights Aldo. Win or lose that fight, he'll have to start fighting good MMA wrestlers if he wants to show he's truly legit. He's shown his striking is top notch, but not so much on the grappling side. So everyone will get what they want within a year, be patient. If after the Aldo fight Joe Silva sets him up with a sub par opponent or a striker, then by all means, bitch about it. Until then just sit back and watch the fireworks him and Aldo will provide!

Back