• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana claims he didn’t put the belt on Ngannou because he was dealing backstage stuff

I mean, who really cares? It doesn't matter what he actually says, Sherdoggers will spin it into what they want to.
The only person spinning shit here is dana, As usual. But to each their own, as they say

Do you believe him?

<{1-10}>

That what he said on the Q&A tonight

If you actually saw this before you made the thread. Don’t you think it was pertinent to mention that he said he left after the co-main to do this backstage stuff? That seems like a pretty important fact to leave out.

It totally changes my opinion on the matter if he wasn’t even there cageside for the fight. I can’t speak for anybody else but I assumed he was cageside for the fight, and then literally left at the final bell.

It’s still an odd situation, but completely changes the context. Like maybe he didn’t want to be there in case Ngannou got the quick ko. Or maybe something really did need his attention. I’m not sure what, but it is possible.

I’m mad at myself for being surprised by this. Not sure what I else I thought he was going to say.

“Backstage stuff” ??

No I don’t believe that. It takes a cpl minutes from the end of the fight to the decision. It’s hard to imagine anything backstage that couldn’t wait a cpl of minutes considering the fights were done for the night.
Or that it needed to be taken care of only by him.

Or that it needed to be taken care of only by him.
Well I’ve now seen the video. And the OP should have included the fact he apparently had to do this stuff right after the co-main. He wasn’t cageside for any part of the ME. I know I just assumed he was cageside until the final bell of the ME. I bet most people thought that. That information changes my opinion considerably.

And tbh how was it not reported by anybody he wasn’t there at all for the ME. That’s some shitty reporting.

It’s still a bit odd, but completely plausible now. Because it’s still hard to believe that something couldn’t wait a cpl minutes.

Poor thread making to leave that fact out of the OP. The video wasn’t posted til well after I made my post.

"Backstage stuff"?
lol What? Does Dana handle the plumbing in the arena too? Had to unclog a toliet that couldn't wait? Is he a parttime doctor and he had to help deliver a baby ?

The usual schitick. Dana says something stupid, thinks it's a win, and then acts like you're the stupid one that just doesn't get it.
Yeah Dana, you were respectful to Francis BEFORE the fight, what matters is what happens AFTER the fight, because Francis winning or losing would determine what would happen next with his contract.

Don’t even know why people care about this Francis thing

Fucking pathetic

again, 90% of the people bitching and moaning, all steal ppvs via streaming so fucking lol at anyone mad

Hasn't he put the belt on every UFC champion for the last 10 years when the event is in the United States? (Stipe excluded)

We know he was there as recently as the co-main event when he put the belt on Figueiredo, he probably planned not to be ringside for the main event just in case Ngannou won lol.

Not Khabib

Hold your mud Francis. Don't take any Wolf Tickets.

Back