Dana being real GSP vs Hendricks

I remember Conor landing 9 out of 51 punches in the 5th round and those were weak ass jabs and body pitty pats

I just saw this fight yesterday for the first time.

I really dont see how its a big steal, GSP isnt really in real danger at any moment besides some light wobbling at some point, he escapes every time from gnp.

Looks like a steal because of the bruises, but he stood like a champ, Hendricks did very good but not enough.

Controversial? Yes, i agree, could be reviewed.

Also they agreed to test for the fight but at last minute hendricks declined... you dont do that if you are clean. Maybe the extra testosterone was the reason he was so overconfident while waiting for results.

giphy.gif
Pathetic GSP haters can’t move on

I hear Hendricks Is selling off all of his assets these days. Tough times.

Terrible robbery, I felt bad for Hendricks he deserved his moment. It's no wonder after that he went on a downward spiral, still at least became a world champion who is a lot more than most WW's can say.
Please sir, to confirm this silly "robbery" comment, break down the scoring.

Dana's dishonesty is nauseating. GSP was going into semi-retirement after the fight so him being a PPV draw is completely irrelevant to him as a promoter. He was actually motivated to trash GSP precisely because he was retiring.

He's such a POS it's unreal, especially now that he's trying to soften his image with talk about, for example, how much "his girls" make in the UFC compared to other female sports leagues.

I just saw this fight yesterday for the first time.

I really dont see how its a big steal, GSP isnt really in real danger at any moment besides some light wobbling at some point, he escapes every time from gnp.

Looks like a steal because of the bruises, but he stood like a champ, Hendricks did very good but not enough.

Controversial? Yes, i agree, could be reviewed.

Also they agreed to test for the fight but at last minute hendricks declined... you dont do that if you are clean. Maybe the extra testosterone was the reason he was so overconfident while waiting for results.
Don’t know why this thread got bumped but good for you to watch the fight for the first time. It’s one of the most controversial fights in UFC history because not only the surprise of the split decision but because of how GSP retired immediately after avoiding not only a rematch but a whole new era under USADA.

For a while sherdog was obsessed with this idea of the “goat” when the UFC had the most amazing champions all at once in mma.
ufc-129.jpg

Demetrius Johnson only one missing from that picture.

The narrative is long and winding for why GSP won that fight and is the greatest mma fighter ever. Canadians are the most passionate about mma in the world (according to google trends) and its tough on this website to have a different opinion than the GSP zealots (which there is a lot). They can’t see the forest for the trees.

Part of why I originally made this thread was because I was actually upset with GSP for using one of the weakest champions in UFC history to finally come back and to finally move up to MW for a fight. He was integral in helping to ruin one of the best and deepest divisions in the UFC only to immediately vacate again once faced towards the best MW fighters.

It was so obvious and laughable but GSP zealots actually used his last 2 fights as a reason that he was goat. I think those last 2 fights were really telling for why GSP can’t be considered goat with that mentality of being scared to lose. Welcome to sherdog.

Crazy looking back now. GSP got married and won the MW title. Hendricks lost his resteraunt, just foreclosed on his house, and is teaching wrestling at some small private school

Don’t know why this thread got bumped but good for you to watch the fight for the first time. It’s one of the most controversial fights in UFC history because not only the surprise of the split decision but because of how GSP retired immediately after avoiding not only a rematch but a whole new era under USADA.

For a while sherdog was obsessed with this idea of the “goat” when the UFC had the most amazing champions all at once in mma.
ufc-129.jpg

Demetrius Johnson only one missing from that picture.

The narrative is long and winding for why GSP won that fight and is the greatest mma fighter ever. Canadians are the most passionate about mma in the world (according to google trends) and its tough on this website to have a different opinion than the GSP zealots (which there is a lot). They can’t see the forest for the trees.

Part of why I originally made this thread was because I was actually upset with GSP for using one of the weakest champions in UFC history to finally come back and to finally move up to MW for a fight. He was integral in helping to ruin one of the best and deepest divisions in the UFC only to immediately vacate again once faced towards the best MW fighters.

It was so obvious and laughable but GSP zealots actually used his last 2 fights as a reason that he was goat. I think those last 2 fights were really telling for why GSP can’t be considered goat with that mentality of being scared to lose. Welcome to sherdog.

GSP said he was going to semi-retire before he even fought Hendricks. You are about as honest with your arguments as Dana.

It's common sense that Hendricks won that fight

He beat the dog shit out of GSP and only stupid fanboys disagree

Why else did GSP go into exile?

"beat the dog shit out of"

He didn't even drop GSP in that 2nd round flurry, and GSP then went on to win the last 3 minutes 30 seconds of that round. 4th round was a fortunate trip.

GSP's face always looks bad after a fight, it looked just as bad after the Diaz fight, a fight in which he won handily.

Idiots like you don't know how to score a fight. It's by round. GSP won rounds 3 and 5 definitely, Hendricks won rounds 2 and 4. First round is the tossup and GSP did more. No round was a 10-8. GSP won round 1, 3, 5 and he won the fight and the decision was correct.
I am not used to dana talking truth
Well he didn't because the first round was roughly even with GSP edging it out with a submission attempt.

It’s not about Silva, it’s about Hendricks winning that fight and GSP’s inflated reputation from that split decision.
How was his reputation inflated by that fight? He took a few years off following it with 90% saying he lost, if anything is say it diminished his stellar reputation

GSP said he was going to semi-retire before he even fought Hendricks. You are about as honest with your arguments as Dana.
And he said he was going to move up and fight Anderson for years. He said he was going to comeback out of retirement for years. He said he was abducted by aliens and has missing time. He said he was going to defend his MW belt if he beat Bisping etc... GSP loved to talk, he likes fighting less. Am I dishonest here?

Dana just wanted to promote hendricks because he knew gsp was going to go away for a while and thought hendricks could take his place, but then hendricks got tko'd by usada

How was his reputation inflated by that fight? He took a few years off following it with 90% saying he lost, if anything is say it diminished his stellar reputation
On sherdog; a GSP sanctuary, GSP (a clean fighter) uncontroversially beat Hendricks (obviously using steroids) and left because he was disgusted by the amount of steroids being used in the UFC.

I agree, GSP looked very beatable and left mma just in time.

So a promoter wants to see a rematch and hypes that? Gsp got wobbled and dropped? Hahaha

And he said he was going to move up and fight Anderson for years. He said he was going to comeback out of retirement for years. He said he was abducted by aliens and has missing time. He said he was going to defend his MW belt if he beat Bisping etc... GSP loved to talk, he likes fighting less. Am I dishonest here?
Can you post a source to him saying he was abducted by aliens?

On sherdog; a GSP sanctuary, GSP (a clean fighter) uncontroversially beat Hendricks (obviously using steroids) and left because he was disgusted by the amount of steroids being used in the UFC.

I agree, GSP looked very beatable and left mma just in time.
Sherdog is sounding board for so many idiots, some love GSP to the point that they deny any truth that doesn't agree with their own. That is the same for every fighter. Those claiming that GSP won are correct though, he won on the point system the sport you love to follow agreed to use! When people say Hendricks won the fight as though the sport doesn't have a scoring criteria is as stupid as denying that GSP got beat up, even though GSP won the fight. There is no controversy, only people who want the rules that favour their agenda unless the scoring system favours them

Back