Media Dana admits defeat in piracy war.

Imagine owning MILLIONS and still losing sleep of internet piracy..

i doubt he loses any .. imagine the revenue he could gain by suing say 100 people for a half million bucks

they are making money off him so why not make it back on the ones doing well

also his bump in PPV prices will all help his grand scheme of things

1 billion dollar company !!

soon as he pays back ESPN he will retire

Internet is always undefeated you bald bitch!
People don't understand how difficult it really is to control or contain the internet. Short of actually limiting all internet traffic like China does, you can't stop illegal downloads or streams.

And even in China it's possible to bypass the so-called "Great Firewall" using certain methods like VPN on non-standard ports, remote desktop connections, etc.

The best thing you can do is make it more convenient to do things the "proper" way than the illegal way. Spotify and Netflix etc are why music and movies downloads aren't as popular these days.

But to buy a UFC PPV, you need to pay a subscription fee for ESPN+ and then buy the PPV itself for $70. Why should I pay for the "privilege" of buying a UFC PPV?

Just put all the cards on FightPass, maybe charge $15 or $20 for the biggest cards, and there you go. Done. Piracy reduced, increased revenue, easy peasy.

But they're trying the RIAA/MPAA route, which has never worked and will never work.

The bill that was passed is for the streamers themselves and not the viewer. The main focus is going to be on the people making the stream available online but there's usually some viewers that would get wrapped up too to try to deter everyone else.

Piracy will always exist, according to White, but as long as it does, he’ll try his best to limit it. All the while, he’ll enjoy the legal punishment handed out to perpetrators.

“They’re never all going to go away,” White said. “They’re going to be out there, and we’re not trying to get rid of all of them. I just want to catch a few. That’s all I’m looking for. You can’t shut the whole thing down. That piracy industry is going to go on forever. Let me catch a few and watch what happens — and I will. Oh, it’s coming.”

So he's went from "they will all be shut down" to "piracy will always exist".

{<jordan}

He's deluded. Disney can't stop people bootlegging the Mandalorian. He has no chance. MMA-Core been living there best life in clear sight for years.
Eddie Bravo openly said he used it on JRE for millions of people to hear. Sill there.

Last edited:
The best thing you can do is make it more convenient to do things the "proper" way than the illegal way. Spotify and Netflix etc are why music and movies downloads aren't as popular these days.

But to buy a UFC PPV, you need to pay a subscription fee for ESPN+ and then buy the PPV itself for $70. Why should I pay for the "privilege" of buying a UFC PPV?

Just put all the cards on FightPass, maybe charge $15 or $20 for the biggest cards, and there you go. Done. Piracy reduced, increased revenue, easy peasy.

But they're trying the RIAA/MPAA route, which has never worked and will never work.

You are so right.

Thus I must ask, do you really belong here?

Piracy will always be a thing, but I seriously believe it could be deterred by lowering the price of PPVs, making cards worth the price, and giving fighters more of a PPV cut. But, those three things will probably never happen, at least not all together, so he's right - piracy will always be around.

Piracy will always be a thing, but I seriously believe it could be deterred by lowering the price of PPVs, making cards worth the price, and giving fighters more of a PPV cut. But, those three things will probably never happen, at least not all together, so he's right - piracy will always be around.
People were constantly streaming when the price was 40 bucks, and the cards were stacked.. That said 70 bucks, and thin as shit cards won't solve the problem.. Actually utilizing the ESPN Deal, and putting great fights

On you know ESPN Might..

I’ve bought PPv for decades. Boxing and mma.
I really can’t believe PPv is still a thing. With the current price tags of 70-$100. With mediocre cards.
I really think a lot of PPv buys come from newer fans. You can only cough up so much dough over many years and the price gets higher and higher and the product has declined drastically over the years.

I wonder what you would pay a year to watch all of the ufc fights today a couple thousand dollars with the ESPN subscription?

that’s not reasonable for any sports fan no matter the disposable income you have. You would have to be a sucker
Yeah I used to be a cuck who bought PPV as well.. I think me hyping up Condit vs Diaz to all my friends was the last straw LOL

I’d only allow piracy if I’m Dana White if the actual pirates are dressed up like pirates from the Caribbean, with eye patches and flintlocks then it’s cool.

Real talk: I've gone to multiple live UFC events and purchase a few PPVs a year. I also subscribe to Fight Pass.

If I couldn't watch the previous night's events at my own leisure on Sunday morning I would have very little interest in the UFC; their revenue from me would be zero. As it stands, it's now the sport I follow most closely.

Your move, Dana!

Last edited:
Back