News Dan Hooker would 100% fight Islam Makhachev at UFC 267

Hooker didn't duck him. There was no point in fighting Islam when he was virtually unranked and only fought once every 2 years. Now that Islam has some hype there is a reason for Hooker to want the fight.

I always find it mystifying when people accuse top 10 fighters of "ducking" unranked or sub top 15 fighters.

The goal in this sport is to move up in the ranks, top 10 guys should only want to fight top 10 guys otherwise whats the point?
Too complicated. Sherdog will never get it.

Hooker didn't want to fight Islam when he was lower in the rankings. May be now that he is lower in the rankings, he wants to fight him....Although Islam will just send him back to low rankings.

Are we pretending that Sandhagen is better than Sterling lol?

Nah. Sterling vs. Yan definitely would've been a whole lot better given the story line and history between the two.
Stylistically though Yan vs. Sandhagen sounds more appealing from an entertainment standpoint.

Im pretty sure Islam isnt going to be able to explode inside Hookers due to relgious reasons.

You mean Ali called him out.

So I understand what your thinking here - the guy Islam pays to represent him, is saying the name of a top 10 ranked opponent to be a replacement for the fight he's already booked and trained for, but is doing it explicitly against his fighters wishes?

IDK if you know Islam personally but that seems kind of far out.

So I understand what your thinking here - the guy Islam pays to represent him, is saying the name of a top 10 ranked opponent to be a replacement for the fight he's already booked and trained for, but is doing it explicitly against his fighters wishes?

IDK if you know Islam personally but that seems kind of far out.
He just told me no =)

Doesn't look possible, based on his medical suspension

Screenshot_20210928-200650_Samsung Internet.jpg

and based on his history of ducking Islam

bork1}

Islam is too poon to take a short notice opponent. He needs months to prepare for each guy - LOL. But it would be awesome if he did accept and shut me up
I can’t fault anyone who wants to prepare professionally in this unprofessional ass sport. Especially a guy like Islam who has a legit shot to be a champion.

Fuck yeah hooker beat his ass, so sick of hearing how Islam is the best in the world from DC

Are we pretending that Sandhagen is better than Sterling lol?
While it's kinda hard to argue he is on face value cause sterling wrecked him, I think they're of equal value and Corey has potential to be the better of the two
I think if they fought again already it would be different
Just like Morales and sterling.

Make it happen. I've got a feeling it won't happen, but Hooker would probably be happy to delay going home a bit longer and try getting another payday as well.

Fuck yeah hooker beat his ass, so sick of hearing how Islam is the best in the world from DC
I mean, he might be the best lw at this point. I'd favor him over just about anybody.. sucks he doesn't fight any of the top guys tho so we could really know. At this point he's king of the mid tiers

Back