News Dan Hooker would 100% fight Islam Makhachev at UFC 267

Luckyme

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Why not

That would put him back in the title picture. Rangy striker with decent power could cause Islam problems. Hooker's knee could be dangerous.

Lol ducked him for so long and now hes calling him out . Im a fan of Dan Hooker when hes in the Octagon but outside of that he just comes off as an annoying jackass(hope this isnt fighter bashing ;):oops:). I would love to see this fight though Islam smashes him probably but it'd be interesting
edit: also its his manager Eugene Bareman saying this not Hooker . Seems like hubris from his management to want this fight especially on short notice

Last edited:
Didn't he say on ariels show he had to fight on that card on that date. Something with covid regulations in his country and if he waited even a week he would be stuck for a while?

Dude just fought last weekend and wants to fight one month later? Wtf. I like Hooker but he needs to calm down. He's going to end up being Cerrone 2.0. You need to prepare and rest to fight Islam

Imagine going from:
Yan vs. Sterling
Islam vs. RDA

to

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Islam vs. Hooker

oh man if Dana actually pulls this off, I might actually buy a PPV for the first time in my life (jk).

Dan's coach was asked the question on Submission Radio as to whether Hooker would he willing to fight Islam and the coach replied like Dan would fight anyone the UFC presented to him.

Dan himself hasn't spoken on this to my knowledge.

Islam is still waiting

Lol ducked him for so long and now hes calling him out . Im a fan of Dan Hooker when hes in the Octagon but outside of that he just comes off as an annoying jackass(hope this isnt fighter bashing ;):oops:). I would love to see this fight though Islam smashes him probably but it'd be interesting
edit: also its his manager Eugene Bareman saying this not Hooker . Seems like hubris from his management to want this fight especially on short notice

Hooker didn't duck him. There was no point in fighting Islam when he was virtually unranked and only fought once every 2 years. Now that Islam has some hype there is a reason for Hooker to want the fight.

I always find it mystifying when people accuse top 10 fighters of "ducking" unranked or sub top 15 fighters.

The goal in this sport is to move up in the ranks, top 10 guys should only want to fight top 10 guys otherwise whats the point?

Islam is too poon to take a short notice opponent. He needs months to prepare for each guy - LOL. But it would be awesome if he did accept and shut me up

karma is a bitch.

starting to get a ferg/khabib vibe about rda and islam.

would be a great test for both guys and a great fight to make.

Imagine going from:
Yan vs. Sterling
Islam vs. RDA

to

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Islam vs. Hooker

oh man if Dana actually pulls this off, I might actually buy a PPV for the first time in my life (jk).

Are we pretending that Sandhagen is better than Sterling lol?

Are we pretending that Sandhagen is better than Sterling lol?
I don't know why the UFC would book Yan vs Sandhagen. Aljo finished Sandhagen in the 1st not too long ago. Let Font get that fight with Yan for the Interim title.

I'd like to see Islam vs Hooker fight so hopefully they can make this happen.

Back