Dan Henderson: Maybe staying away from cocaine has helped prolong my career

TRT was legal and should still be.

Cocaine is a hellova drug.

TRT was punishable when abused and used without proper licensing.

Cocaine is apparently fine.

Marijuana will get your win overturned and can cost you win and performance bonuses. I would like to hear what Pat Healy has to say about the athletic commissions and this Jones situation.

If you can't blame Hendo now, how can you blame Jones for things he said about him? It was Hendo who hid his injury till a week before UFC 151. The UFC then threw Jones under the bus for not accepting Sonnen as a late replacement. Hendo got off scot free over that. I wouldn't blame Jones at all for not thinking much of Hendo either.

Because how long ago was that? At the time Jones gave hendo some well deserved shit and it was done, now years later here's Jon cheap (undeserved) shots at Hendo while talking badly about Cormier. Also how is he to blame if he got off scot free? I mean no biggie I'm sure Hendo will survive, I'm just saying this dude Jones is either a) purposely trying to look like an asshole and is embracing the heel status or b) is a very talented d-bag.

Bet there's a lot more many fighters know but not saying about Jones. Jon is a family man after all right, no use spreading rumors and tearing his family apart but, not like they all aren't guilty...... Brian Stann says pussy is undefeated and I believe him.

He's lost 4 out of his last 5. It prolonged his career just long enoug to take beatings.

As much as I want to side with Henderson, he did conspire with Sonnen and hide his injury. So I can't blame Jones for saying what he said about Henderson.

Its not like Jones is a huge trash talker. He didn't trash Bader, Shogun, Machida, Belfort or Texeira. He only does that to the guys who trash him.

Because how long ago was that? At the time Jones gave hendo some well deserved shit and it was done, now years later here's Jon cheap (undeserved) shots at Hendo while talking badly about Cormier. Also how is he to blame if he got off scot free? I mean no biggie I'm sure Hendo will survive, I'm just saying this dude Jones is either a) purposely trying to look like an asshole and is embracing the heel status or b) is a very talented d-bag.

In other words, just like most of the sheep on here, you'll believe whatever puts Jones in the worst light, come hell or high water. Hendo has no room to talk, in my opinion. He WAS old and coming off TRT affected him so much he weighed in at 199lbs for a guy cutting from HW. Cormier's win over him didn't mean much.

No Dan, testasterone replacement therapy prolonged your career.
fact

So he is against weed, but abusing coke is okay? I guess they are right about him being fake. Regardless he is amazing to watch fight. Hopefully he can fight this shit it will be a shame for this to all disappear and the whole world to see it. :(

Dan Henderson does not like Jon Jones. At all. And he is letting the world know about it. Below are some of his comments from a recent interview.

"Maybe it's staying away from the cocaine that's made me prolong my career so long," Henderson said.

"I've heard that [Jones] was doing [drugs] for a couple years. I've said in a number of interviews especially when I was going to fight him that he just wasn't a very genuine of a person. He portrays himself differently than he actually is. Slowly but surely, more and more things happen that prove that statement to be true.

"With the DUI that he's had and now testing positive for cocaine, he's not acting as a good role model for kids and [he is not the person] the UFC would want as a role model for kids growing up that watch the UFC. It's a shame. It's unfortunate that he is that way."

Your thoughts?

pretty sure it was trt that prolonged his career, and way to kick a man when he's down dan.

addiction isn't a punch line. hopefully no one in your family goes through it.

...addiction isn't a punch line. hopefully no one in your family goes through it.

Well put! Jones is a young kid who is a fighting genius, but dumb at basic life shit like most of us were in the early 20's. Give a young powerhouse tons of money fame and attention really bad things can potentially happen.

Thank god he didn't fucking die when he crashed that car. You are rich son get an uber or some shit!!

Lol holdup. The guy who needed TRT because he juiced so much while young is talking shit? Would love to watch Prophet Jones whip dat ass.

Hendo has hurt so many people while being juiced out. Broke Shogun's nose, KTFO Bisping, TKO Fedor. Test won him fights.

Throwing stones from that glass house

He is not wrong.

It is too late for Jones to correct his image imo. The cat is out of the bag that he is a dirtbag, and that will likely be the perception of him by most people from now on imo...

I strongly disagree.

Casuals will believe whatever the current promo tells them to believe, and regular MMA fans make a mountain out of every single mole hill, so it just takes the right mole to flip things around.

He's got some points, but should cut the crap about the "being a role model for kids".

This is fighting. If you expect this guys to teach your kids something, you're one dumb parent.

The TRT definitely had a huge impact on Henderson's career and results therein. I am 43 and have been on a really low dose of TRT (50 MG/week to start) for two and a half months because I had clinically low T and suffered from all of the symptoms associated with it. I lift weights about 4 times a week and have seen a huge improvement in strength and lean mass. I would wager the dose Henderson was on was waaay higher than mine and he's a professional athlete devoted to training and MMA. His results would probably be 10 times mine - if not more. Until you've tried T, you really have no idea how much benefit it provides.

Dan Henderson does not like Jon Jones. At all. And he is letting the world know about it. Below are some of his comments from a recent interview.

"Maybe it's staying away from the cocaine that's made me prolong my career so long," Henderson said.

"I've heard that [Jones] was doing [drugs] for a couple years. I've said in a number of interviews especially when I was going to fight him that he just wasn't a very genuine of a person. He portrays himself differently than he actually is. Slowly but surely, more and more things happen that prove that statement to be true.

"With the DUI that he's had and now testing positive for cocaine, he's not acting as a good role model for kids and [he is not the person] the UFC would want as a role model for kids growing up that watch the UFC. It's a shame. It's unfortunate that he is that way."

Your thoughts?

Jones is an awesome fighter but not an awesome human being. Hendo has had an amazing career but he is diminishing his legacy by hanging around. I'd say what has prlonged Dan's career is PED's. Much like his buddy Chael, he is a big cheater. He's earned his opionion and place in MMA history but he is not squeaky clean.

Ironic coming from a TRT user that was using from 2007 - 2014 ... where he had some of his best wins ... Hendo would of had near the legacy he has now if he wasn't using TRT .... talking about the pot calling the kettle black , damn hypocrite.

Wow, I didn't know cocaine was legal for recreational use in London if a physician prescribes it. But, just so you know, unlike Testosterone, in the USA , a physician can't prescribe cocaine, and possession of cocaine is illegal here. I assume it is just a cultural misunderstanding, and isn't just you being dumb as ass.

Back