Dan Henderson: Maybe staying away from cocaine has helped prolong my career

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dan Henderson does not like Jon Jones. At all. And he is letting the world know about it. Below are some of his comments from a recent interview.

"Maybe it's staying away from the cocaine that's made me prolong my career so long," Henderson said.

"I've heard that [Jones] was doing [drugs] for a couple years. I've said in a number of interviews especially when I was going to fight him that he just wasn't a very genuine of a person. He portrays himself differently than he actually is. Slowly but surely, more and more things happen that prove that statement to be true.

"With the DUI that he's had and now testing positive for cocaine, he's not acting as a good role model for kids and [he is not the person] the UFC would want as a role model for kids growing up that watch the UFC. It's a shame. It's unfortunate that he is that way."

Your thoughts?

He is not wrong.

It is too late for Jones to correct his image imo. The cat is out of the bag that he is a dirtbag, and that will likely be the perception of him by most people from now on imo...

Dan still sounds upset about the 50yr old comment that Jones made.

Maybe the TRT helped prolong his career too.

Just a thought..

definitely has a point

that sweet TRT is probably better suited for career prolonging purposes

the more I hear Hendo talk, the more I hope he prolongs his career so that we can see him get beat up more

15506_1413050955653214_6894959525735033682_n.jpg

Ironic coming from a TRT user that was using from 2007 - 2014 ... where he had some of his best wins ... Hendo would of had near the legacy he has now if he wasn't using TRT .... talking about the pot calling the kettle black , damn hypocrite.

He is for sure enjoying kicking a dog when he's down, and I for one can't blame him, Jones has been unnecessarily insulting towards Hendo. Is it wrong for Dan to stoop to his level, probably but it's understandable.

Poor Hendo. Still rustled that Jones called him a 50 yr old. Ha!

I dont think cocaine is a good idea when on trt

Dan Henderson does not like Jon Jones. At all. And he is letting the world know about it. Below are some of his comments from a recent interview.

"Maybe it's staying away from the cocaine that's made me prolong my career so long," Henderson said.

"I've heard that [Jones] was doing [drugs] for a couple years. I've said in a number of interviews especially when I was going to fight him that he just wasn't a very genuine of a person. He portrays himself differently than he actually is. Slowly but surely, more and more things happen that prove that statement to be true.

"With the DUI that he's had and now testing positive for cocaine, he's not acting as a good role model for kids and [he is not the person] the UFC would want as a role model for kids growing up that watch the UFC. It's a shame. It's unfortunate that he is that way."

Your thoughts?
A more accurate assessment of his career may be TRT prolonged his career so long.

TRT was legal and should still be.

Cocaine is a hellova drug.

How are fighters supposed to be role models they punch people in the face for a living. Parents should be role models not athletes.

He is for sure enjoying kicking a dog when he's down, and I for one can't blame him, Jones has been unnecessarily insulting towards Hendo. Is it wrong for Dan to stoop to his level, probably but it's understandable.

If you can't blame Hendo now, how can you blame Jones for things he said about him? It was Hendo who hid his injury till a week before UFC 151. The UFC then threw Jones under the bus for not accepting Sonnen as a late replacement. Hendo got off scot free over that. I wouldn't blame Jones at all for not thinking much of Hendo either.

Back