Dan Henderson: Maybe staying away from cocaine has helped prolong my career

The bottom line is that TRT is a PED and that coke a month before a fight is not. Neither is a DUI. It is am unethical crime, but not related to fighting.

Hendo uses alcohol which is 4% less addictive than cocaine, has talked smack for much of his carreer, and likely took PEDs in Pride. Popes and emperors have done cocaine...drugs are part of almost every culture ever in the history of humanity and almost every great man in history has tried them.

Cheating at sports is another thing. Jones may have done this as well, but refer to evidence.
People who think that breaking the law is unethical as such are monsters, idiots, or cowardly.

Jones is an awesome fighter but not an awesome human being. Hendo has had an amazing career but he is diminishing his legacy by hanging around. I'd say what has prlonged Dan's career is PED's. Much like his buddy Chael, he is a big cheater. He's earned his opionion and place in MMA history but he is not squeaky clean.

So TRT was illegal when Hendo was undergoing it?

I guess now is the time guy's have a reason to crack jokes on Jones

no matter what henderson says

hes not getting a shot at the strap

give it up man

Hendo should not be talking with his TRT usage...

Ironic coming from a TRT user that was using from 2007 - 2014 ... where he had some of his best wins ... Hendo would of had near the legacy he has now if he wasn't using TRT .... talking about the pot calling the kettle black , damn hypocrite.

Not at all, Hendo used an allowable, legal drug. No different at the time than a fighter using creatine, as long as he had an exemption. When it was banned, he dropped it. Jones did an illegal, not allowable thing, and is being praised by the UFC brass for going to rehab, which he wouldn't have done if he hadn't been caught. There is no Irony, nor hypocrisy here. To my knowledge, Dan has never failed a drug test of any sort in his career, and never tested above the limit while he was on TRT... unlike Vitor and Chael P.

Edit: Also, for everybody on here justifying Jone's actions, I know and am friends with plenty of coke snorters. The difference is, is that they don't go around and pretend to be these perfect human beings that run down muggers and are Jesus's best friend. That was Henderson's point. That he was fake and putting forth a fake image to the public. And in that, he is correct.

Hendo speaks the truth.

Last edited:
Jones is an awesome fighter but not an awesome human being. Hendo has had an amazing career but he is diminishing his legacy by hanging around. I'd say what has prlonged Dan's career is PED's. Much like his buddy Chael, he is a big cheater. He's earned his opionion and place in MMA history but he is not squeaky clean.

Lots of banable posts in this thread... You can't say Hendo is a cheat when he's never been caught doing so. TRT was legal. He had no problem leaving it behind when it became illegal.

The bottom line is that TRT is a PED and that coke a month before a fight is not. Neither is a DUI. It is am unethical crime, but not related to fighting.

Hendo uses alcohol which is 4% less addictive than cocaine, has talked smack for much of his carreer, and likely took PEDs in Pride. Popes and emperors have done cocaine...drugs are part of almost every culture ever in the history of humanity and almost every great man in history has tried them.

Cheating at sports is another thing. Jones may have done this as well, but refer to evidence.
People who think that breaking the law is unethical as such are monsters, idiots, or cowardly.

except TRT was legal when Hendo was using it.

So there's that.

Interesting to see fighters weigh in. The concern is always young persons who idolize Jones. Will they see this to not be a big deal? Will it encourage them to try it?

Ironic coming from a TRT user that was using from 2007 - 2014 ... where he had some of his best wins ... Hendo would of had near the legacy he has now if he wasn't using TRT .... talking about the pot calling the kettle black , damn hypocrite.

Hendo doesn't have the holier than thou attitude that Jones has. hendo isn't a dirtbag pretending to be the second coming of Christ. That's the difference bud. Use your fucking brain and think.

89.png

Interesting choice of words from a TRT user. Very interesting.

I wish we could have seen Jones smash TRT Hendo. That fight looks like the Chael fight.

Back