News Dan Hardy wants release from UFC fight contract -- UPDATE: RELEASED

Geez, His last fight was Sep / 29 / 2012. I would imagine he would be free? Been almost 10 years. I don't think the UFC would really have a problem with him leaving. At this point i think they probably already considered him gone. I fully expect Dana to come out and say "Wish granted. Please leave. Leave now. Go away you fucking nob!"

Geez, His last fight was Sep / 29 / 2012. I would imagine he would be free? Been almost 10 years. I don't think the UFC would really have a problem with him leaving. At this point i think they probably already considered him gone. I fully expect Dana to come out and say "Wish granted. Please leave. Leave now. Go away you fucking nob!"

"His last fight was Sep / 29 / 2012"

Damn time flies.
I dont see UFC keeping him.
There are no upside here.
He has not fought in +8 years was never anything special.
Also forcing a guy to stay that has not fought in +8 years would look bad as hell.

Should be a non issue for Hardy to leave

Just how smart is Diego Sanchez?

He said his only chance of getting his medical records was when he was still an active fighter, otherwise they wouldn't even take his calls.

Looks like he was correct, as Hardy is confirming. He can't even get ahold of anyone. Once you're out of the UFC or inactive you're dead to them.

Why would the UFC have Diego's medical records? Does your employer have your medical records? A Doctor would get in real trouble for giving the UFC Diego's medical records without his consent.

Why is no one asking the question 'Why the fuck Does Diego not have his own medical records' I have my medical records and I am a freight broker for fuck sakes.

Randy couture is still under contract. There's no time expiration as long as they offer you so many fights a year. If you retire they don't need to offer you fights

“The only thing that’s happened is I’ve asked two different people for my release from the UFC,” Hardy said when asked for an update on his situation. “Because obviously with one contract coming to an end, it would make sense for me to leave with my fight contract as well. So I’m currently trying to get my release from the UFC so then I can start looking at other places.

“I’ve got a few ideas and a few options that I’d like to consider. But it’s just getting a hold of someone, I might have to recruit Joshua Fabia to get someone’s attention at some point.”

“I think even if it got to the stage where I could get the UFC to give me an opponent, it’s not going to be one of the ones I want,” Hardy said. “They’re not matching veterans with veterans anymore. They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...n-hardy-wants-release-from-ufc-fight-contract

Dan Hardy is upset the mma business is starting to look like the wrestling business. Do the Job on the way out. Jokes aside, I hope he gets his release and he gets to compete where he wants to compete.

He has not fought in 9 years. How can he still be under contract? He is not showing on their roster.

And LOL at Hardy thinking that after a 9 year layoff he would get to have serious input in opponent selection. Delusion at it's finest.

The UFC doesn't seem to like the guy, he isn't a big name anymore, and he hasn't fought in almost nine years. So I guess he feels his only leverage is to whine in the media and hope he gets his release to just go away.

What about this "we have to offer 3 fights a year" stuff I hear from Dana?
UFC doesnt have to offer fights to a retired fighter

then when he came back, they did offer and he had medical issues

now Dan is just being bitter about being fired and is trying to stick it to them

Seems like Hardy considers himself a decorated veteran that everyone knows and loves to see fight, when in reality nobody gives a fuck about him or even knows who he is in today's landscape and they barely gave a fuck about him when he was in his prime, he was always a journeyman who got a little extra promotion in order to appeal to the UK crowd.

The guy is known to have quite the ego lol. Its actually part of the reason Hardy got fired he was overstepping his position.

Always find it ironic that the hippie types that smoke weed and do psychedelics, always talk about enlightenment blah blah and how these substances help you become more humble. Rogan always says the same shit about his psychedelics and still has huge ego too.

Its bs have met so many people that did psychedelics. They where still douches, if anything made them more egotistical because they believe there drug use makes them more wise

He has not fought in 9 years. How can he still be under contract? He is not showing on their roster.

And LOL at Hardy thinking that after a 9 year layoff he would get to have serious input in opponent selection. Delusion at it's finest.
The contract freezes when you retire. It doesn't expire.

Fuck this guy.
Talked for years about doing anything, then when he oversteps himself and gets fired he’s gonna wave the victim card around...
Should’ve stepped up when you had the chance Dan. Now your hipster ass is fucked.

I don't get why they wouldn't release him tbh, it's not like he has a lot of name value to bring to another organisation.

What about this "we have to offer 3 fights a year" stuff I hear from Dana?
Hardy is probably technically still retired, so they don't have to offer fights until he notifies them he is unretired.

I don't get why they wouldn't release him tbh, it's not like he has a lot of name value to bring to another organisation.
You mean the UFC, the organization which at times has been petty with fighters and vindictive? There's your answer.

The contract freezes when you retire. It doesn't expire.

Dan hardy has never officially retired. Not to my knowledge. He was just not medically cleared to fight. But he is now. And he is in the testing pool now.

Hilariously, he claimed his condition was an 'evolutionary advancement', and the commission said it was an 'unfair advantage'. Imagine how bad he would have been getting thrashed without his mutant powers.

Last edited:
Dan hardy has never officially retired. Not to my knowledge. He has just not been medically cleared to fight.
Ok, so if he has a medical condition will he ever be cleared to fight?

Back