Damn the Jacare hype is getting outta control.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But then again he deserves it lol.

Dude is currently 17-3 (1) and he looked like an absolute beast against Ed Herman.

People have different opinions as to how Ed Herman ranks, but we can't forget that Ed Herman's been beating good mid-tier MW's in the UFC for years.

It goes to show that Jacare is a level above that & with that said, he made his massacre of Herman look effortlessly, something that someone like Jake Shields was unable to do.

Coming into the fight, he was also coming off that spectacular KO over Derek Brunson, the same Brunson who we saw debut against Leben in the UFC & he beat Leben, though not impressively, it's still a win on his record.

Jacare's gonna be a beast, and I honestly see him handling a majority of the top 10.

I could see him having no trouble w/ the likes of Bisping, Belfort, Munoz, Costa & Stann & if Sonnen was a MW again, I could see Jacare subbing him at ease.

A rematch with Luke Rockhold would be good too, because honestly, I feel as if Jacare just had an off night, he may have lost a decision, but I'm pretty sure he could beat Rockhold 9 times out of 10.

He would make interesting wars with Okami, Lombard & Weidman though & I hope one of those three become his 1st opponent among his UFC debut.

He's not fighting Anderson anytime soon because of the whole friendship ordeal, but if Anderson decides to leave the MW division in pursuit of the super fights and then decides to retire, I could honestly see Jacare replacing him as being the next dominant champ, he really has that style of fighting that's really effective & he has that killer instinct going on nowadays.

All in all I can't wait to see him fight sometime soon! :icon_chee

I think he'd lose to Bisping honestly, I just think it's not a great style match up. I also wouldn't pick him against Okami - he could beat either, I just wouldn't favor him.

But yeah the Munoz, Costa's and Stann's of the world would get run over by Jacare
I see Strikeforce guys (Rockhold and Jacare namely) are going to be instantly in the elite ranks at MA

I can't wait to see him in the cage. BJJ > wreslting any day of the week (in terms of exciting matches).

I think he'd lose to Bisping honestly, I just think it's not a great style match up. I also wouldn't pick him against Okami - he could beat either, I just wouldn't favor him.

But yeah the Munoz, Costa's and Stann's of the world would get run over by Jacare
I see Strikeforce guys (Rockhold and Jacare namely) are going to be instantly in the elite ranks at MA

okami? he will lose standing, and on the ground, he will have a clinic run on him.

Wow, I didn't realize that Sherdog rankings have Jacare barely in the contenders. He's definitely more deserving for the top 10 ranking than guys like Stann and Philippou.

he lost three times? in this forum buddy that makes him triple-overrated and triple-exposed. How can he possibly be hyped?

I like Jacare, the hype is therefore justified.

But then again he deserves it lol.

Dude is currently 17-3 (1) and he looked like an absolute beast against Ed Herman.

People have different opinions as to how Ed Herman ranks, but we can't forget that Ed Herman's been beating good mid-tier MW's in the UFC for years.

It goes to show that Jacare is a level above that & with that said, he made his massacre of Herman look effortlessly, something that someone like Jake Shields was unable to do.

Coming into the fight, he was also coming off that spectacular KO over Derek Brunson, the same Brunson who we saw debut against Leben in the UFC & he beat Leben, though not impressively, it's still a win on his record.

Jacare's gonna be a beast, and I honestly see him handling a majority of the top 10.

I could see him having no trouble w/ the likes of Bisping, Belfort, Munoz, Costa & Stann & if Sonnen was a MW again, I could see Jacare subbing him at ease.

A rematch with Luke Rockhold would be good too, because honestly, I feel as if Jacare just had an off night, he may have lost a decision, but I'm pretty sure he could beat Rockhold 9 times out of 10.

He would make interesting wars with Okami, Lombard & Weidman though & I hope one of those three become his 1st opponent among his UFC debut.

He's not fighting Anderson anytime soon because of the whole friendship ordeal, but if Anderson decides to leave the MW division in pursuit of the super fights and then decides to retire, I could honestly see Jacare replacing him as being the next dominant champ, he really has that style of fighting that's really effective & he has that killer instinct going on nowadays.

All in all I can't wait to see him fight sometime soon! :icon_chee

He is a beast, although Herman took the fight on short notice

He definitely deserves it, he's a well rounded fighter with elite skills. He will beat the vast majority of the MW division.

He deserves the hype. I am excited to see him in UFC.

Bisping is a stylistic nightmare for Jacare. He could easily defend Souzas TDs and outstrike him.

Bisping is a stylistic nightmare for Jacare. He could easily defend Souzas TDs and outstrike him.

Right.. just like he's easily been taken down by Mayhem, easily rocked by jj fighter Dan Miller....
Bisping never beats anyone easily... except when he lands illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent. Oh wait, he still got rocked on that fight.
Bisping would never beat Jacare EASILY.

Wow, I didn't realize that Sherdog rankings have Jacare barely in the contenders. He's definitely more deserving for the top 10 ranking than guys like Stann and Philippou.

Well, no problem, he now gets to prove all that AND fight more often and make more money like he always wanted.

I'm a huge Jacare fan but lets not get crazy here. First of all, I can see Jacare winning against all of those guys too but there are some tough match ups in there.

Bisping is notoriously hard to take down and hold down, has amazing cardio and great kickboxing. I can see him winning the same way Rockhold did.

Belfort and Costa are dangerous boxers with good wrestling and in Vitors case a great ground game. Neither of them is an easy fight for anyone.

Weidman is a stud. The kid is huge, one of the best wrestlers in the UFC, amazing ground game and dangerous on the feet, as he showed in the Munoz fight. I can easily see him taking Jacare down and stifling him on the ground.

Finally we got Lombard, who seems to be impossible to take down, because of his combination of amazing judo + wrestling and his low center of gravity. He's got ridiculous power and great boxing.

Right.. just like he's easily been taken down by Mayhem, easily rocked by jj fighter Dan Miller....
Bisping never beats anyone easily... except when he lands illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent. Oh wait, he still got rocked on that fight.
Bisping would never beat Jacare EASILY.

I agree I think they are saying that because of the Bisping Sonnen fight. Since Bisbing deffend some of the TD from Sonnen. But the difference between Jakare and Sonnen is I think Jacare is much more Stronger physically than Sonnen.

Damn the Jacare hype is getting outta control.

It really is TS!

This sort of thing always happens when someone outside of the UFC wins a fight or two.

People instantly dive on to their nuts, and hang there - sometimes for eternity - saying how they'll be able to beat the UFC champ in that weight division.

Think Hector Lombard and have a good laugh... :icon_lol:

Jacare is awesome because he has truly world class BJJ... but unlike most guys in that category... he is very explosive with pretty good striking and takedowns/throws. I'm not saying he would beat Anderson, but I do think that would be a very interesting match-up.

Well what do you expect? He somehow found a way to beat ed herman. The hype is warranted.

Back