Damn the Jacare hype is getting outta control.

i didn't notice. i've been on his wagon for years, regardless of the Luke bout. hope they rematch in the UFC!

If they fought tomorrow Jacare could definitely come out on top, but given how quickly Weidman is improving I'd say within year Jacare losses that fight no matter where it goes.

Where is all that improvement? He had a crappy fight with Maia and a fast fight with Munoz, it is impossible to see that much improvement in those fights.

All we know about Weidman is the same: good wrestling and jiu jitsu. And Jacare's jiu jitsu is a few leagues above Weidman's.

Overrated. He did semi-ok in the minor leagues, but lets wait to see how he does in the majors before we start drooling shall we?

I think he's quite a bit better than Paul Harris, and the fact that he's not 5'8 helps.

5'8'' doesn't even matter, the fact that he doesn't do random and suicidal things during the fight helps the most.

Jacare vs Lombard and Weidman are fights I really want to see.

same way, Rockhold did. By using kicks and a variety of strikes to out strike him. How hard is this to understand?

and since when is CW a fighter that shines for striking versatility?

If jacare's hype is out of control, I dont know what CWs hype is like... dude is a great fighter and I personally think he could beat AS (because of his style) but people are talking like he could walk in there and outstrike Alistar Overeem... jezzz

Overrated. He did semi-ok in the minor leagues, but lets wait to see how he does in the majors before we start drooling shall we?
Winning the title is semi-ok? He did the same thing in Strikeforce that Bendo did in the WEC.

jacare = slightly better Paul Harris

would lose to bisping, but then again, most MW would anyhow. I do think he fits in the UFC, maybe not upper tier though.

I respectfully disagree. Palhares has one mode: attack (on the feet like in the Miller fight, or on the legs :icon_lol: like every other fight); when/if that plan doesn't work, he has no back-up plan (see Belcher fight). Jacare seems to have better fight IQ, is more well-rounded, and, while he may or may not find success in the UFC, is different than Rousimar.

5'8'' doesn't even matter, the fact that he doesn't do random and suicidal things during the fight helps the most.

That too.

Other than the fact that they both have elite BJJ I don't really get the Palhares comparison.

Jacare souza is going to sub everybody at MW, then go to sub jon jones, then hell alistair might catch an armbar too!

he just destroyed one guy coming from the big leagues, and beating schlemenko, lawler kennedy and herman is way better than half the records of the UFC MWs, you know, the big league...

Last edited:
That too.

Other than the fact that they both have elite BJJ I don't really get the Palhares comparison.

I really like Palhares but he lacks the mental part of the game big fucking time. Probably more than any serious pro on that level...

Jacare is composed and focused, big advantage here.

Where is all that improvement? He had a crappy fight with Maia and a fast fight with Munoz, it is impossible to see that much improvement in those fights.

All we know about Weidman is the same: good wrestling and jiu jitsu. And Jacare's jiu jitsu is a few leagues above Weidman's.

His timing is already superb and will only get better with more experience. Add that to how quickly he's picked up BJJ and it's not crazy to think that he could stay out of trouble if he were in Jacare's guard.
I'm definitely not omniscient, but I firmly believe that Weidman is the future. It all adds up in my mind, the timing in his shots is just a notch below GSP, he picked up BJJ just as fast as BJ, and his striking is coming along nicely. Add to that the fact that he is huge for the division and aside from the Maia fight appears to have a good gas tank. All the signs are pointing towards future greatness. We'll see how it turns out though.

Let's not forget that Jones also had a few underwhelming performances early in his career.

he just destroyed one guy coming from the big leagues, and beating schlement, lawler kennedy and herman is way better than half the records of the UFC MWs, you know, the big league...
He also KTFO the guy who just beat Leben in the "majors."

His timing is already superb and will only get better with more experience. Add that to how quickly he's picked up BJJ and it's not crazy to think that he could stay out of trouble if he were in Jacare's guard.
I'm definitely not omniscient, but I firmly believe that Weidman is the future. It all adds up in my mind, the timing in his shots is just a notch below GSP, he picked up BJJ just as fast as BJ, and his striking is coming along nicely. Add to that the fact that he is huge for the division and aside from the Maia fight appears to have a good gas tank. All the signs are pointing towards future greatness. We'll see how it turns out though.

Let's not forget that Jones also had a few underwhelming performances early in his career.

CW was an extraordinay wrestler, that is why he picked up bjj so fast, bj had zero grappling experience prior to bjj, theres nothing alike in the bjj progression of both fighters...

CW was an extraordinay wrestler, that is why he picked up bjj so fast, bj had zero grappling experience prior to bjj, theres nothing alike in the bjj progression of both fighters...

True, I guess a more accurate comparison would be to Phil Davis, who has also shown really top notch grappling.

Jacare and Rockhold are both elite MW's can't wait for them to start bashing UFC MW's to prove it.

same way, Rockhold did. By using kicks and a variety of strikes to out strike him. How hard is this to understand?

No. Weidman doesn't have the striking to duplicate Rockholds strategy. IMO Souza can beat Weidman. If Weidmans wrestling, GNP, and BJJ is as good as everybody on Sherdog makes it out to be he should do fine.

His timing looked superb against a post-surgery-ring-rust (and also kinda overrated back then) Mark Munoz, that's what i'm talking about.

Everyone blames his sloppy fight against Maia on the short notice weight cut, and that's why i need to see more of him. If he keeps shouting -and not fighting- that he is the #1 contender, i can only laugh, 7months without a fight already.

I think Weidman wasn't tested in MMA at all against elite opponents. Give him Lombard, Jacare, Sonnen, Bisping or Belfort and then i'll believe what you guys believe, cuz for me the best footage of Chris out there are still his adcc fights.

Huge Jacare fan here, but I think he loses to the big strikers at MW, like Bisping, Vitor, Anderson, Costa and Hector.

He'd beat all the rest though, Weidman included.

Back