Damn the Jacare hype is getting outta control.

Don't know how he'll fare in the UFC, but I believe he will be successful. I look forward to seeing him in the UFC!

No offense to Brunson or Strikeforce, but I'm happy that Jacare is finally getting a chance to face opponents of his own caliber.

Jacare is a force at 185!

When Anderson moves up and takes Jones belt Jacare will be the next king

Jacare is definitely skilled, and IMO had by far the most impressive showing this weekend, but let's not jump the gun on him. His future is bright, but I think Weidman is going to be the future of the division with Souza being the "Rashad" of MW, not that there's a damn thing wrong with that.

Jacare is definitely skilled, and IMO had by far the most impressive showing this weekend, but let's not jump the gun on him. His future is bright, but I think Weidman is going to be the future of the division with Souza being the "Rashad" of MW, not that there's a damn thing wrong with that.

I dont really see how Weidman beats Jacare to be honest

People have different opinions as to how Ed Herman ranks, but we can't forget that Ed Herman's been beating good mid-tier MW's in the UFC for years.

I'm not going to shit talk Ed, but when you get subbed by people like Jason MacDonald you know you're not going to do well against Jacare. That was a showcase fight for him, and it worked.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the UFC - I think he's going to be great. I'd like to see him fight Lombard.

same way, Rockhold did. By using kicks and a variety of strikes to out strike him. How hard is this to understand?

Weidman isn't Rockhold. Jacare is a different fighter now and will have a different performance than that fight

MMAth doesn't work. How hard is this to understand?

same way, Rockhold did. By using kicks and a variety of strikes to out strike him. How hard is this to understand?

I don't think so, but I think he could win by taking him down and stalling and landing some gnp.

jacare = slightly better Paul Harris

would lose to bisping, but then again, most MW would anyhow. I do think he fits in the UFC, maybe not upper tier though.

People have different opinions as to how Ed Herman ranks, but we can't forget that Ed Herman's been beating good mid-tier MW's in the UFC for years.

his best ufc win is either tim credeur or the crow, neither of which was even close to mid-tier when he fought them.

i think jacare is "ok". i don't think he's a title contender - i think his conditioning is not good, and i do believe he would falter against the guys that have been mentioned above.

i think he has potential for sure - but he will underestimate UFC opponents if he doesn't look to fix some wholes in his game.

His striking is not that good.

his best ufc win is either tim credeur or the crow, neither of which was even close to mid-tier when he fought them.

Kyle Noke is a far better fighter than either of them. Why would you list them instead of Noke?

Either way I tend to agree with you. herman doesn't have a bunch of mid tier wins but I think he's a mid tier mw. He's basically like a mid tier gatekeeper. He beats some decent opponents but his most impressive wins are over guys who are fringe Ufc level. Either way jacare completing dominating him is impressive and Herman isn't Jacare most impressive win anyways.

Bisping match would look just like his Rockhold match. Other than that I think he could do some damage.

I don't know why some people think Jacare won't do well in the UFC. I honestly think he beats most MW's and I personally thought he beat Rockhold.

I don't know why some people think Jacare won't do well in the UFC. I honestly think he beats most MW's and I personally thought he beat Rockhold.

I think he's fairly clearly a top 10 guy in the UFC. Who knows if he's top 5, or champion material, though.

I dont really see how Weidman beats Jacare to be honest

If they fought tomorrow Jacare could definitely come out on top, but given how quickly Weidman is improving I'd say within year Jacare losses that fight no matter where it goes.

jacare = slightly better Paul Harris

would lose to bisping, but then again, most MW would anyhow. I do think he fits in the UFC, maybe not upper tier though.

I think he's quite a bit better than Paul Harris, and the fact that he's not 5'8 helps.

Back