Dad strangles coyote after it attacks his child.

I would have shown that coyote a front double bicep. Confrontation over.

Last edited:
Coyotes are usually pretty small for those who haven’t encountered them before, maybe like 30 lbs. I saw one just this morning and have encountered them while hiking with small kids. Put your kid up on your shoulders, give the coyote a kick or swat with a stick, and move on. Jumping on top of it and trying to smother it for 10 min seems dramatic.
<mma3>

<{nope}>

Did you read what happened?

You kill the dangerous animal that attacks children 100/100 times possible. Be a fkn grown up.

One time in the city of Yorba Linda I saw a pack of about 7.

I've also scared groups of two on my walk home by running towards them, but I wouldn't try that against 7.
I didn't see three together I saw one coyote on three different occasions in three different locations I always see them by themselves.

Coyotes are usually pretty small for those who haven’t encountered them before, maybe like 30 lbs. I saw one just this morning and have encountered them while hiking with small kids. Put your kid up on your shoulders, give the coyote a kick or swat with a stick, and move on. Jumping on top of it and trying to smother it for 10 min seems dramatic.
lol hell no at 30 lbs they are larger than dogs the coyote I saw was larger than a german shepherd.

You may have missed where I said they do form packs sometimes, it's just not the "norm". They're not like wolves.
Anyone that thinks coyotes are dumb is an idiot himself. They're extremely smart, relative to other animals.
coyotes and racoon are very smart it is why they adapt to the city environment.

lol hell no at 30 lbs they are larger than dogs the coyote I saw was larger than a german shepherd.
I once saw a coyote that was close to the size of a GS. It was not a small dog. I have also seen one that was a little thin that was not close to the size of a GS. The bigger males look like small wolves, while the smaller ones are much smaller. I literally did see one that looked like a wolf; a small wolf.

I had a APBT and he would chase those fuckers around. They go after small dogs and cats. I had a friend who lost their tiny dog to a coyote. That thing just disappeared, she had that dog for 12 years and she’s said it was probably a coyote.

Quick google search says average adult weight is 15-45 lbs. Male German shepherd 66-88. They aren’t really that similar in size. Coyotes mass is more like a shih tzu or beagle. Even if it was the size of a German shepherd, even more reason to avoid a physical fight.

Quick google search says average adult weight is 15-45 lbs. Male German shepherd 66-88. They aren’t really that similar in size. Coyotes mass is more like a shih tzu or beagle. Even if it was the size of a German shepherd, even more reason to avoid a physical fight.
Shiht-szu? I had one for 18 years. Dumbest thing that will be said on Sherdog all day.

Coyotes in the Northeast are significantly larger compared to their wester cousins. They have a significant amount of wolf and dog dna that has essentially changed the way they act. They are larger, tend to hunt more in packs and take larger prey items like deer.
This behavior is very odd and most likely was a rabid animal. Coyotes were first spotted in New England in the mid 1950s so they are relatively new here. What most people don’t understand is they are one of the most persecuted animal in the history of our country and all that has done is made them expand their range. Killing coyotes simply doesn’t work, it just caused them to reproduce more.

Human enroachment so that they have no where to go but dad good for saving baby

Sad story all around
More like coyote encroachment. I thought those things were from the south west and only spread after we decimated wolf populations.

enjoy them rabies vaccinations shots

Do people really feel sorry for coyotes? They are awful about attacking and killing pets. Most people around here shoot them.

to the extent that they aren't doing anything different than any other animal.

That's fine that he's protecting his baby as a responsible parent should I'm not sure if I commend him taking the hands-on approach he did.

Luckily for him it was a lone Coyote and not one with a pack, as Coyotes are pack animals.
Actually, coyote's are usually solitary animals.

There are some coyote hybrids that will form packs occasionally though.

Back