Dad strangles coyote after it attacks his child.

Actually, coyote's are usually solitary animals.

There are some coyote hybrids that will form packs occasionally though.
Coyotes live in packs and family units.

However they normally hunt alone or in pairs , which lead many to believe they are entirely solitary unlike wolves.

Wolves can hunt solo as well, and there are “lone wolfs” and “lone coyotes “ but coyotes do for the most part Live in packs.

Maybe he shouldn't have put the tiny kid in danger by taking the family into coyote territory.

Hell yes. A coyote comes near my kid, daddy gets a new rug in his man cave...
No need to put your kid at risk. Come out west, we will gear you up with one of these:
winter-snowmobiling-ontario.jpg

One of these:
100_4465-660x495.jpg

And some of these:
PDYchvn.jpg

And we can line the walls of your man cave. Hell the farmers will even pay you.

Coyotes are usually pretty small for those who haven’t encountered them before, maybe like 30 lbs. I saw one just this morning and have encountered them while hiking with small kids. Put your kid up on your shoulders, give the coyote a kick or swat with a stick, and move on. Jumping on top of it and trying to smother it for 10 min seems dramatic.
I'd probably spice up the story in hopes of a big $$$ movie deal.

https://nhpbs.org/wild/coyote.asp
When hunting larger prey like deer, coyotes hunt in packs. One or more coyotes chases the deer while the others wait; then the next group will pick up the chase. Working in teams like this the coyote can wear the deer out, making it easier to kill.
https://www.zoo.org/seattlecarnivores/faq
This could lead to a situation where a dog chases a coyote back to its family group and gets in more trouble, which may be the source of undocumented rumors of coyotes luring dogs into the woods where a larger group of them awaits.

Fucking coyote cunts. Cant even wipe them out. Fuckers keep reproducing

to the extent that they aren't doing anything different than any other animal.

The coyotes around here are very aggressive. It's not like they are killing family pets only in the woods or something like that. The distance they travel outside of the woods they live in or by the river to get a domestic animal is pretty crazy. They aren't just killing in yards next to woods, they are crossing acres to get to animals. It's probably an overpopulation issue, but fuck those dirty smelly bastards.

470-D97-FA-6-D73-43-B8-9-C36-F5-DBED8-DC4-FA.jpg

Went hiking this past weekend and ran into two coyotes. They’re pretty tiny and didn’t seem frightened by people. This one is almost standing in the shadow of my car. It walked around a sec then lied down the in grass just a few feet away. When I came back after the hike, there were two lying in the grass next to my car. Walked right by them and got in my car. I could have probably petted one if I was so inclined. I’m guessing they probably have a lot of contact with people and maybe have been getting fed here.

Back