D1 Wrestlers are complete trash and can't even beat Khabib's training partner

Just out of curiosity how many "D1" Wrestlers have there been that actually had long championship reigns?

Legit question and I'm not trying to be a dick. You just always here about "D1" Wrestlers being the pinnacle of success and I'm just curious if guy's I didn't know were "D1" were long reigning champions.

I can only think of Tito, MM and Hughes off the top of my head as a pure D1 Folk style Wrestler but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.
Hughes, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miochic, Coleman, Valesquez, Hendricks off the top of my head. Not Tito or Mighty Mouse actually.

If Sambo was easy it would be called wrestling.

Why take this to the extreme? Could be a reasonable discussion but it probably won't be now...

How to do it?
I love your minimal use of words.

if you're on desktop - go to the gif page, and click on the paper aeroplane
upload_2019-11-9_17-13-25.png

Then click on the button which has the "Download" symbol and says GIFS next to it

upload_2019-11-9_17-14-20.png

Then click to copy the larger gif size

upload_2019-11-9_17-14-50.png

Then in sherdog, use the "Image" button instead of the "Media" button

upload_2019-11-9_17-15-56.png

paste the link that you copied before, and it will embed without the GFYCAT banner. For example

JauntyCleanFowl-size_restricted.gif

It will also not allow direct links to your gfycat profile if you'd prefer to keep that private for whatever reason, and the filesize will be a bit less.
The same process for mobile but the buttons are in different spots.

of course if you don't care about the gfycat banner on your gif, then all this hardly matters.

Hughes, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miochic, Coleman, Valesquez, Hendricks off the top of my head. Not Tito or Mighty Mouse actually.
Fair enough.

Wasn't sure about DC or Randy because of the Olympics, I just assumed they were more Greco Roman but I guess they had to start somewhere.

Not sure about Hendrix or Cain though, they didn't really have long title reigns, nor did Randy or Stipe really but since Stipe holds the HW defence record I think he qualifies. DC is kind of a grey area 2 but it can't be disputed he's an all time great so he counts, same as Randy for winning the titles so many times.

Cheers dude.

one wrestler don't represent the whole bunch. I know it must be very hard for you to not be stupid for once, but please stop making ridiculous threads.

Gaetjhe is the best because we haven't seen him fail, yet. It's the hope that kills you.

prime undefeated d1 Maynard (beat Miller, Edgar, Florian, Diaz...) wrecks Khabib

Last edited:
It reminds me of Weidman vs Romero. NCAA wrestlers are so addicted to double leg and single leg.

Dan Henderson would like to talk to you in the parking lot.

They are much better in the center than against the cage.

Just for the lulz.. @D 1 Wrestler get your ass in here.

Have fun guys
Lentz red shirted his freshman year then was an occasional starter his sophomore year after which he quit school for mma and had a very respectable career off a folkstyle wrestling base. He is a journeymen at this point in his career , makajackoff is one of only a handful of sambo fighters with success in mma and he has yet to be as good as lentz was

Has Islam even beat any top 10 guys yet lol?

Yea you listed one of the few who has been getting destroyed worse than lentz against shitty Bellator competition lolll
Which D1 wrestler are in the GOAT conversation mate ? even a karata guy outwrestled fuck them back in the day ...

Which D1 wrestler are in the GOAT conversation mate ? even a karata guy outwrestled fuck them back in the day ...
A karata guy who dedicated himself to training wrestling and learning a jab. You dumb mate? Jon jones is the goat and only reason he didn't wrestle d1 was his grades lol, he's a folkstyle wrestler and would embarrass fedor in his prime

Back