D1 Wrestlers are complete trash and can't even beat Khabib's training partner

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

It's like saying the championship college football team can beat an NFL team. D1 wrestling is a product of nationalism nothing more.

The Dagistani’s are a different breed.

#Alhamdullilah

I can accept that Dagestanis are the best. There are like 300 of them and 150 of them are world champs in one grappling art or another. But Nick Lentz got beat by a shit ton of other DI wrestlers. It's the reason he wasn't a champ. I don't think he even had a winning record or did anything of note.

D1 sucks.
Just like that loser d1 poster.

In MMA terms, training sambo (a martial art that essentially is MMA) from childhood makes the jump to pro MMA look seamless, while D1 wrestlers start after their collegiate careers have wrapped, and have to BEGIN to develop striking and submissions/sub defense as they progress.

Calling them trash is low aptitude as fuck, fanboy

If you are uploading your own gifs to gfycat let me know I'll show you a better way to embed that into the forum so they don't have the gfycat banner and are a better quality

talk when some dagestani beats a d100 wrestler!

Gsp exposed D1 wrestlers long ago and now Khabib will do the same, granted these D1 cans somehow crack LW top 10

Also on your topic.
Not enough data to tell, and too much bias and ego amongst fans and practitioners to have a real discussion.
Wrestlers can't even agree if freestyle or folkstyle is better for mmaz there is a raging thread debate at like 50 pages going strong that is getting nasty lol

I worry that some of you aren’t trolling and are actually this stupid

Also on your topic.
Not enough data to tell, and too much bias and ego amongst fans and practitioners to have a real discussion.
Wrestlers can't even agree if freestyle or folkstyle is better for mmaz there is a raging thread debate at like 50 pages going strong that is getting nasty lol
If you follow that thread though it is pretty settled

If you follow that thread though it is pretty settled
Fair enough, I haven't followed it beyond post 100 or so. I just note even people who love wrestling are he'll divided so when you throw an entirely different sport into the mix I Can't imagine any reasonable conclusion being reached

talk when some dagestani beats a d100 wrestler!
Already happened, Look at Mr. D2 Healy
Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Slams+Pat+Healy+UFC+165.gif

{<jordan}

I think it’s 50/50 trolling vs stupidity. Also there are levels to d1 wrestling. Typically big ten/big 12 wrestlers have the most success compared to any other conference. It does vary depending on the year and weight class though. It’s common knowledge though that Eastern Europe/ ex USSR states are the best in Olympic style wrestling.

Last edited:
I can accept that Dagestanis are the best. There are like 300 of them and 150 of them are world champs in one grappling art or another. But Nick Lentz got beat by a shit ton of other DI wrestlers. It's the reason he wasn't a champ. I don't think he even had a winning record or did anything of note.
Just out of curiosity how many "D1" Wrestlers have there been that actually had long championship reigns?

Legit question and I'm not trying to be a dick. You just always here about "D1" Wrestlers being the pinnacle of success and I'm just curious if guy's I didn't know were "D1" were long reigning champions.

I can only think of Tito, MM and Hughes off the top of my head as a pure D1 Folk style Wrestler but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

In MMA terms, training sambo (a martial art that essentially is MMA) from childhood makes the jump to pro MMA look seamless, while D1 wrestlers start after their collegiate careers have wrapped, and have to BEGIN to develop striking and submissions/sub defense as they progress.

Calling them trash is low aptitude as fuck, fanboy

Not to mention, Russians/Dagestanis/Chechens all cross train and compete in a bunch of different combat sports from childhood. Soviet training styles are still legit and world class.

Islam Makhachev is the next champ whether you like it or no. He is ugly, has no personality but he's gonna kick anyone's ass in the division.

Back