• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

It's easier to be that skilled being 1,45m and 45kg.

Can't compare competition.

Obvious a GOAT but pretty overrated.

He's absolutely right. He is the best. More title wins across 2 weight classes than any champion. More wins in general across multiple weight classes. Most well rounded fighter. Has no shortage of highlight reel performance. Multiple UFC records. Most title defenses.and anyone which says weak comp is lying to themselves. Many wins praised at upper weights are trash but "big fighter good"

Anyone who's not delusional can see the clear argument for DJ. Sherdog is just a bunch of children too embarrassed to feel lesser than a short dude

Shut your damn mouth dick johnson

MM is awesome, but it's embarrassing when he doesn't know Anderson defended his status as the best 11 times at MW, but he was robbed of a title defense because Lutter didn't make weight.

You can't go around holding the 11 title defenses out there over Anderson, when he defended the same number of times while screwing around at LHW three times.

Your level of competition is trash tho
How was it? His two wins over Joseph Benavidez are better than anything Silva did. He also beat Cejudo, Horiguchi, Dodson 2x, McCall (who was the number one ranked flyweight at the time). Also consider that he's a smaller fighter in his division compared to any other divisional GOAT. Silva and Jones were large for their division (Jones especially), GSP and Aldo were average size. DJ never fought anyone smaller than him.

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

He lost outside of UFC by tko. Remember that!

Why not?

For example.. I don't think Machida was any better than Horiguchi. I don't think Rampage was better than Dodson.

LHW and FLW were both crap divisions with 1 fighter being a level above the rest. People thought 205 was stacked because all of the top guys were on a similar level but at the end of the day they all sucked when an elite athlete came by.

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

I think you are being a little bit harsh.
He is one of the greatest, and it is obvious he will see his wins differently than everyone else's.
The core belief he is the best is what enables him to be so successful. To expect him to be all humble and out others first is naive at best!

MM is awesome, but it's embarrassing when he doesn't know Anderson defended his status as the best 11 times at MW, but he was robbed of a title defense because Lutter didn't make weight.

You can't go around holding the 11 title defenses out there over Anderson, when he defended the same number of times while screwing around at LHW three times.
Circumstances are what they are. Silva only has 10. And DJ has far more fights above his natural weight than any other GOAT contender. Hell, MOST of his fights are above his proper weight class.

Maybe. Silva shouldn't even be in the convo. Lost to two Japanese dudes, one was much smaller, Ryo Chonan (22-13), but the worst loss, to Daiju (12-15) Takase?! laughing_zebra.jpg

Why not?

For example.. I don't think Machida was any better than Horiguchi. I don't think Rampage was better than Dodson.

LHW and FLW were both crap divisions with 1 fighter being a level above the rest. People thought 205 was stacked because all of the top guys were on a similar level but at the end of the day they all sucked when an elite athlete came by.
1702140659428.gif

Back