Economy D.C. mother given $10,800 to help poor families, spends it on Miami trip and buys expensive clothes

Grifting for personal gain is practically the American way. She's clearly more American than all those commies who paid down their debts.

The thing this shows is the program should have had better oversight.

It's fine to help people out but there will be some that abuse the help.

I'm sure others did abuse it but were not as dumb as this shit head.

While others did the right thing with the money.

You don't throw money at people and hope they do the right thing.

lol... David Chappelle already predicted this

Here's what I don't understand. The article clearly says that most of the people involved spent the money on paying down debt and being responsible.

But we're going to devote more time discussing the negative outlier instead of the majority positive performers because the good got a tiny throw away line in the article. And in 6 months when something like this is proposed again, people are only going to remember the bad actor at the expense of the good.
It's always about finding the exception because cases like this plays into the hands of certain media that thrive on demonizing certain demographics.

Tabloid media - like the Mail - thrive on pushing sensationalism, demonization, and salacious crap. @Ruprecht will say that the Mail is a rightwing media source so this is par for the course for them.

Last edited:
Democrats.... lol
There's always going to be some cases of people abusing the system or wasting resources of a well meaning program. Does not mean the program is a bad idea, because what matters is if most of the beneficiaries are using the funds for what it was intended for.

There are people abusing the welfare system, but most people are helped by it and need it.

There is a lot of waste in US military spending yet no one argues that funding for the miliary is a bad idea.

There's always going to be some cases of people abusing the system or wasting resources of a well meaning program. Does not mean the program is a bad idea, because what matters is if most of the beneficiaries are using the funds for what it was intended for.

There are people abusing the welfare system, but most people are helped by it and need it.

There is a lot of waste in US military spending yet no one argues that funding for the miliary is a bad idea.

No... Its a terrible idea

And ?? There's lots of discussion of massive waste in military spending.

No... Its a terrible idea

And ?? There's lots of discussion of massive waste in military spending.
Why is it a bad idea? It gives poor people relief. This woman is the exception. Others have paid down debts, had money for groceries and rent and other necessary expenses.

There has been criticism of military spending for eons but no one has ever argued that gov. should cease miliary spending because of waste in the system.

“'I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,' she said. The spending spree included 15 brand new outfits for her kids - one for each child for each day of the vacation - and a $180 haircut to make her not 'look like a working, stressed mom.'

Joined by her children's father, they also splashed out on luxury amenities including steak dinners, new gadgets and toys for her kids, and a boat tour past Miami's most expensive mansions.

Miller justified the extravagance by saying she hoped to inspire her children and teach them that if they work hard they too may be able to afford a Miami mansion.”

<{outtahere}>

It is kind of funny how liberals want to dictate how the rest of us spend our money but for this exercise, they gave these people full freedom.

Why not just pay their debts down for them and give their kids free enrollment in some programs that would help them get ahead?

What's the upside in even giving them the option to blow it all like this?

Last edited:
Republicans are back to the Reagan-era "welfare queen" racial agitation. Shocking I tell you. When you don't have a single policy to offer the American people that would actually improve their lives, you maintain the revolving ferris wheel of minority groups to hate.

I don't think it was an intelligent use of money, but I'm not here to watch someone else's pocket.

Good to hear that a lot of the ladies used it for a net positive not just a fun weekend in South Beach.

Let me guess she's a Trump hating democrat {<jordan}
She's probably a repubican & went to Mar a largo to get some files to sell to Pootin. Help build her investment portfolio.

<EdgyBrah>

That’s worse than how we treat the illegals in this country.

It's always about finding the exception because cases like this plays into the hands of certain media that thrive on demonizing certain demographics.

Tabloid media - like the Mail - thrive on pushing sensationalism, demonization, and salacious crap. @Ruprecht will say that the Mail is a rightwing media source so this is par for the course for them.

It's the Daily Mail...
Brit tabloids in particular aren't known for their factual or complete reporting, and are known for sensationalism and stories designed to confirm the prejudices of some old punter so he can be wobbling his chins in rage with his mouth open and yell at clouds, before turning to page 3 for some top totty getting her tits out (only to rage again when he remembers that they stopped printing page 3 girls).

The only thing any of these morons should have been given is a hysterectomy.

It annoys the hell out of me because the article could have devoted plenty of space to how the other women did the right thing. Some woman who made a responsible decision gets her name in the paper and that inspires other people to do the same. Or someone remembers her name when she's applying for a job and takes a chance on her.

Instead, we're all going to remember this ratchet woman (myself included) and the next time a program like this comes up for discussion, we're going to recall and reference wasteful Miami trips. Just sucks at a societal level.
Come on now. We need people that are poor so we can look down on them. No one wants to hear about how successful the program was!

Back