Media Czech MMA legend Karlos Vermola could face up to 3 years in prison (animal cruelty)

When I was a kid it seemed like majority of house cats were declawed.

But its been awhile since I've seen one.

I grew up with outdoor cats and they always had claws. Wasn't until later in life did I encounter some indoor cats that were declawed.

Funny, now having outdoor cats is viewed negatively by some because of their predatory behaviour

thanks sherbro

Anytime sir.
I would say strongly discouraged, because the law hasn't been set yet.

Most vets will not do it because its essentially cutting off the fingers that the claws are attached to...hence cruel and unusual punishment sir.

Last edited:
I grew up with outdoor cats and they always had claws. Wasn't until later in life did I encounter some indoor cats that were declawed.

Funny, now having outdoor cats is viewed negatively by some because of their predatory behaviour

Thats because cats eat upwards of 110 different species and kill about a billion birds a year worldwide.

They are an invasive species.

In Canada, the following provinces have banned cat declawing, and some have also banned devocalization (cutting vocal cords), ear cropping and tail docking.

• Alberta
  • British Columbia,
  • Labrador
  • Manitoba
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland
  • Nova Scotia
  • And Prince Edward Island
  • Quebec announced a ban in April, 2002 due to commence 18 months from the announcement.

A win for animals in my opinion, I consider all of the above both cruel and unnecessary.

So it's more just up to the vet.

I'm not defending it and wouldn't do that to a cat, but from a legal perspective it's been legal. Seems like a good thing that views are shifting against it.

Maybe it will end up illegal down the road.

You're cutting off the fingers that the claws are attached to...that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment sir.
Most if not all vets would say not to do it.

Anytime sir.
I would say strongly discouraged, because the law hasn't been set yet.

Mist vets will not do it because its essentially cutting off the fingers that the claws are attached to...hence cruel and unusual punishment sir.
Yeah that's why I asked, I was in the same boat as @SuperNerd in that I knew of a few instances of declawed cats owned by people when I was younger / haven't kept up on if that was still widespread or what. So strongly discouraged but not illegal as of today in the US... thanks.

Yeah that's why I asked, I was in the same boat as @SuperNerd in that I knew of a few instances of declawed cats owned by people when I was younger / haven't kept up on if that was still widespread or what. So strongly discouraged but not illegal as of today in the US... thanks.

Yeah it was common when I was a kid too.
And, you're welcome.

No its illegal to declaw cats, you are cutting off their fingers.
Not true, unfortunately, it is illegal in several states, as well as many municipalities, but it is legal at the federal level in both Canada and USA. Pretty disgusting, but true.

Not true, unfortunately, it is illegal in several states, as well as many municipalities, but it is legal at the federal level in both Canada and USA. Pretty disgusting, but true.

Yeah its strongly discouraged, but most if not all vets won't do it anymore.

Definitely disgusting sir.

Pushing the word Legend to it's limit here

Tigers at home, turkey teeth and roid rage, he's definitely continued his drug trafficking hasn't he

usually the mutilation of animals for no discernible reason is a hallmark of the serial killer. But who am to judge? He’s clearly a badass that can handle big cats (as long as they don’t have the ridiculous advantage of having fingers)

Just checked his record, he’s done pretty damn well in MMA since his UFC release

Fuck him for this though

A disgusting thing to do. The same with those bastards who either buy, or get their own dog-s ears and tails mutilated, jail them!
And circumcision on baby boys too. Mutilation!

Nothing disgusts me more than animal cruelty. Needless to say that, given the world we live in, I'm often disgusted.

The mere fact of getting a fucking white tiger isn't a good start.

Back