Media Czech MMA legend Karlos Vermola could face up to 3 years in prison (animal cruelty)

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The famous wrestler/MMA fighter Karel "Karlos" Vémola (38) is facing big problems because of claws removed from all the paws of his white tigress Ramby. It's against the principles of breeding big cats and against the Czech legislation itself.The Central Bohemian Veterinary Administration is preparing to hand over the hot case of Karlos Vémola (38) to the law enforcement officers, as its spokesman Petr Vorlíček told the portal iDnes.cz.

"The beast will be irreversibly mutilated, losing, for example, the ability to climb trees, defend against an attack by another animal or mark its territory," Ondřej Charvát, spokesman for the Ministry of the Environment, once described the general problems of big and small cats without claws, which are key to exercising their natural drives.

In this regard, the affair also has a second level, as the relevant authorities will also check "Karlos" Vémola's other felines for the same reasons, including his favorite Elsa. Apparently, the veterinarians have convincing evidence and means to properly evaluate the Czech fighter's misdeeds and who actually performed the prohibited procedure and why. If the strong suspicions are finally confirmed, Vémola would not only lose the rest of his beloved pets, but also most likely face a prison sentence of up to 3 years. The same goes for his vet!

Karlos takes pride in his statement on social media, that the general public supports him in this matter. However, the reality is "different from what they portray". But non-profit organization Click and Feed took a sharp crack at it on Facebook:
“This dament maimed Ramby the tigress. He had her claws removed! He is unable to prove the origin and acquisition of the animal, so he got it black. This is not his first seized tiger. He provided the authorities with a fake family tree. The animal was kept in unapproved and completely unsuitable conditions for its species," they addressed to Vemola.

Source (in Czech): https://isport.blesk.cz/galerie/ble...ygrice-bez-drapu-miri-do-rukou-policie?foto=1

8776530.jpg

8783765.jpg
8776535.jpg

Imagine if we was domesticate big cat instead of wolf, how much better hunter society we will have become.

Joe Rogan may have become tiger trainer instead of hunting guru but that is life.

Good fuck him.

That gotta be fuckong excruciating getting your claws ripped out.

It's akin to getting your fingernails ripped out with your last joint in your hands.
Dumb question but I really don't know. Anyone can go to a vet and de-claw their house cat in the US without any issue, right?

People often get their house cat declawed in North America. Guess the laws vary quite a bit around the world.

People also spay / neuter their pets so it's always going to be where do you draw the line.

Yes, the legend.

Good fuck him.

That gotta be fuckong excruciating getting your claws ripped out.

It's akin to getting your fingernails ripped out with your last joint in your hands.
They actually cut the fingers that the claws are attached to off.

I did a quick google search and don't see that. Is that something recent like in the last year or so?

My friend works at the vet and she said most if not all will not do it because it's cruel.
They are cutting off the fingers that the claws are attached to.

I don't know about the states, but it's banned in some Canadian provinces, and is now heavily discouraged by all vets.

Yeah that;s all I saw from my search was that a couple of provinces did ban it, but some don't.

And yeah it looks like the 'official' view is now to discourage it, but it looks like that wasn't always the case

Yeah that;s all I saw from my search was that a couple of provinces did ban it, but some don't.

And yeah it looks like the 'official' view is now to discourage it, but it looks like that wasn't always the case

When I was a kid it seemed like majority of house cats were declawed.

But its been awhile since I've seen one.

Reactions: IDL
My friend works at the vet and she said most if not all will not do it because it's cruel.
They are cutting off the fingers that the claws are attached to.

So it's more just up to the vet.

I'm not defending it and wouldn't do that to a cat, but from a legal perspective it's been legal. Seems like a good thing that views are shifting against it.

Maybe it will end up illegal down the road.

Back