cyborg interested in Coenen fight in Bellator

145 champ is like saying you were high school champs, so the Red Sox need to come to your hometown to play.

145 is so weak the #3 girl was fighting for 2 years and was 5-4. Name another division you can be ranked #3 after only 2 years with a basically .500 record.

sigh.

must we do this again?

i am pretty sure ive ALREADY GIVEN YOU CREDIT MULTIPLE TIMES-

you articulate the other side of the argument well, as well as anyone.

NOW GO WATCH THE OLD ROUSEY INTERVIEW WITH ROGAN, BEFORE ROUSEY BECAME THE 135 LB. CHAMP.

Rousey refers to Cyborg as "the champ" the whole time, and straight up says "i will probably avoid fighting Cyborg for as long as i can, i will try to make the fight at as light a weight as possible, she will try to keep it at 145".

ROUSEY STRAIGHT SAID THIS 4 YEARS AGO, AND ITS EXACTLY WJAT HAPPENED.

Certain events have helped the narrative look 2-sided, so newer fans get confused, but some of us remember.

Marloes Coenen talked to Bloody elbow the worst sbnation mma site, and expressed her desire to fight Cyborg a 3rd time in Bellator. Cyborg then tweeted it out showing her interest. Could be a ploy to get the ufc to get their shit together but i

Would love to see it. Cyborg deserves to be on tv and in the spotlight. Greatest WMMA fighter of all time, started it all with the help of fighters like coenan and carano.

Taking the term "fanboy" to new heights.

lol at the UFC having to get their shit together btw. They pay her a ton of money to fight bums in Invicta(the whole division WSW is full of bums) in hopes that she makes 135 some day.

NOW GO WATCH THE OLD ROUSEY INTERVIEW WITH ROGAN, BEFORE ROUSEY BECAME THE 135 LB. CHAMP.

Rousey refers to Cyborg as "the champ" the whole time, and straight up says "i will probably avoid fighting Cyborg for as long as i can, i will try to make the fight at as light a weight as possible, she will try to keep it at 145".

Can you source this? I remember the interview where Ronda said she was going to want to wait as long as possible, and Cyborg would want the fight to happen as soon as possible, and they would probably meet in the middle. There was nothing there about weight that I recall.

Question: Ronda's next opponent is new to MMA and only has 4 fights, are you saying this is a good title defense?

Cyborg herself admitted AFTER Rousey became 135 champ, they were set to fight at 145, and Cyborg's steroid suspension called it off.

Back before Ronda beat Miesha, before the UFC had WMMA, Cyborg was indeed "champ". Fedor was champ at one point too. Times change.

My overall point is the UFC does not have to get anything together, they have Cyborg under contract. Cyborg is signed to ZUFFA, the contract she signed said she will fight at 135. So why is she talking about 145 fights in Bellator?

Such a pain to track down these old interviews, but I did.
http://mmajunkie.com/2011/12/strike...eeds-to-happen-but-wants-135-pound-belt-first

Ronda did indeed say that. Back in SF, with a 145 division, that would make a lot of sense. Like I said, times change, 145 or 140 no longer make sense. Back then I would probably be in favor of 145.

Last edited:
Can you source this? I remember the interview where Ronda said she was going to want to wait as long as possible, and Cyborg would want the fight to happen as soon as possible, and they would probably meet in the middle. There was nothing there about weight that I recall.

Question: Ronda's next opponent is new to MMA and only has 4 fights, are you saying this is a good title defense?

Cyborg herself admitted AFTER Rousey became 135 champ, they were set to fight at 145, and Cyborg's steroid suspension called it off.

Back before Ronda beat Miesha, before the UFC had WMMA, Cyborg was indeed "champ". Fedor was champ at one point too. Times change.

My overall point is the UFC does not have to get anything together, they have Cyborg under contract. Cyborg is signed to ZUFFA, the contract she signed said she will fight at 135. So why is she talking about 145 fights in Bellator?

i will look for the source, its an old rogan interview in a studio, possibly a JRE.

it was even replayed this week.

as for all of the other, YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WE CARE ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS.

I DONT CARE ABOUT PEDs. I never assumed Cyborg was clean. Her bust meant nothing to me.

i think Ronda would win.

I think Rondas toughest opponent is a 145 Cyborg,

AND I WANT TO SEE THE BEST FIGHTS.

most imprtsntly:

yes, times change.

Ronda avoiding Cyborg hasnt.

its just that current events make it look less obvious.

most imprtsntly:

yes, times change.

Ronda avoiding Cyborg hasnt.

its just that current events make it look less obvious.

Ronda agreed to fight Cyborg after beating Miesha according to Cyborg herself. Care to address that?

Ronda agreed to fight Cyborg after beating Miesha according to Cyborg herself. Care to address that?

this is getting funny.

i typically dont carry on with someone completely unwilling to recognize any points other people have made.

and btw, im pretty sure its jre 168.

this is getting funny.

i typically dont carry on with someone completely unwilling to recognize any points other people have made.

and btw, im pretty sure its jre 168.

This is my first and only Sherdog account.

If you want to change your post's wording to "Ronda has not changed wanting as much an advantage as possible" I will sign on to that. Ronda and Cyborg have been jockeying for position for years. The only difference has been the leverage each fighter had over the other.

If you continue saying Ronda has avoided Cyborg, it's quite simply wrong, as evidenced by Cyborg admitting Ronda was agreeing to fight, but the steroid suspension killed the fight.

Either way, I would prefer to get back on topic, which was that the UFC was dropping the ball in signing Cyborg. They aren't. She's been signed for like 8 months to ZUFFA.

Such a pain to track down these old interviews, but I did.
http://mmajunkie.com/2011/12/strike...eeds-to-happen-but-wants-135-pound-belt-first

Ronda did indeed say that. Back in SF, with a 145 division, that would make a lot of sense. Like I said, times change, 145 or 140 no longer make sense. Back then I would probably be in favor of 145.

i only now see the rest of your response..

itt IS A PAIN, IVE BEEN LOOKING AND IT TOOK ME MUCH LONGER.

JRE #168.

Equally ironically, she said "the champ wakes up and tweets about me, how awesome is that?"

- she directly said she would delay it as long as possible.

- she directly siad she would push for as light as possible.

- BUT SHE STILL SAID SHE WOULD RETURN TO FIGHT AT 145 TO FIGHT CYBORG.

- she said in this interview she suspected Cyborg of roids (SO CYBORGS BUST MEANS NOTHING-ITS NOT NEW INFO)

- then UFC didnt make a 145,so that gave a lot of newer fans an easy reason to be confused about who is responsible for this fight not happening.

i rooted against Cyborg and wanted Gina to win, and even back then I thought Ronda had a better chance to beat Cyborg.

ive wanted this fight for 5 years.

the details have helped Ronda obfuscate things, but you cant get around Rondas quotes.

Cyborg never said she would try to delay it, Ronda directly said SHE WOULD, AND HOW (WEIGHT).

-

Cyborg never said she would try to delay it, Ronda directly said SHE WOULD, AND HOW (WEIGHT).

-

It would not make any sense for Cyborg to delay it. Cyborg wanted it fast before Ronda got experience.

As I said, both have tried to make the fight more favorable for themselves. The only difference is who had the most power.

Before the steroid bust Cyborg did, and it should be at 145. Things have changed, only 135 makes sense for me. You come from a very different position than I do, so we will never have a meeting of the minds.

Again, my post was to highlight that Cyborg is ALREADY under ZUFFA contract.

i only now see the rest of your response..

itt IS A PAIN, IVE BEEN LOOKING AND IT TOOK ME MUCH LONGER.

JRE #168.

Equally ironically, she said "the champ wakes up and tweets about me, how awesome is that?"

- she directly said she would delay it as long as possible.

- she directly siad she would push for as light as possible.

- BUT SHE STILL SAID SHE WOULD RETURN TO FIGHT AT 145 TO FIGHT CYBORG.

- she said in this interview she suspected Cyborg of roids (SO CYBORGS BUST MEANS NOTHING-ITS NOT NEW INFO)

- then UFC didnt make a 145,so that gave a lot of newer fans an easy reason to be confused about who is responsible for this fight not happening.

i rooted against Cyborg and wanted Gina to win, and even back then I thought Ronda had a better chance to beat Cyborg.

ive wanted this fight for 5 years.

the details have helped Ronda obfuscate things, but you cant get around Rondas quotes.

-

I watched it and found the part you're talking about...

Joe asks "You only have 4 fights...do you want to get more experience?" (in reference to a potential fight with Cyborg)

Ronda says "Yea, yea I do. She's going to want to fight me as soon as possible and I'm going to want to fight her as late as possible and we're going to have to just find somewhere in the middle. Cause the more time they wait the better I'm going to get cause I don't have that much experience. I've never even been past the first round"

She even talks about winning the 135 title to make the fight between her a Cyborg even bigger.

Ronda never mentions anything about wanting the fight to be as light as possible. She also mentions at this time she doesn't cut weight and walks around 5lbs higher than 145.

Talk about Ronda vs Cyborg starts at 57:40
[YT]fkFQdKpoQnQ[/YT]

Last edited:
I watched it and found the part you're talking about...

Joe asks "You only have 4 fights...do you want to get more experience?" (in reference to a potential fight with Cyborg)

Ronda says "Yea, yea I do. She's going to want to fight me as soon as possible and I'm going to want to fight her as late as possible and we're going to have to just find somewhere in the middle. Cause the more time they wait the better I'm going to get cause I don't have that much experience. I've never even been past the first round"

She even talks about winning the 135 title to make the fight between her a Cyborg even bigger.

Ronda never mentions anything about wanting the fight to be as light as possible. She also mentions at this time she doesn't cut weight and walks around 5lbs higher than 145.

Talk about Ronda vs Cyborg starts at 57:40
[YT]fkFQdKpoQnQ[/YT]

its well known to be "light", not late.

but lets pretend its late.

then she already admitted she would stall, and stalling she has.

she has used weight as the tool.

SHE NEVER ONCE SAYS 145 IS A BAD WEIGHT FOR HER.

She says 135 "is where evryone else is"- a clear indication she wanted to fight others first.

Her original plan was always to fight Cyborg at 145, the 135 talk is all new and revisionist history.

it would be different if she said "i dont belong in this weight class" instead she says "the Cyborg fight needs to happen"

most of you werent around.

she used the reference to Rocky5, calling Cyborg Drago.

so Drago (Cyborg) beats Apollo Creed (Gina) who every red-blooded American was rooting for.

the good news is we have Rocky (Ronda), so we root for Rocky to fight Drago.

we ALREADY KNOW DRAGO IS BIGGER THAN ROCKY.

WE ALREADY KNOW DRAGO JUICES.

But we believe fight IQ, heart, and technique may beat Drago.

Then Rocky doesnt fight Drago,

and a series of circumstances blur to newer fans the facts surrounding a fight many fans wanted for years.

you guys just dont get it.

Last edited:
The Ronda hatred is strong with some people. To still defend Cyborg and completely ignore the facts over the past couple of years is amazing. You guys are on some Sith Lord leve shit lol.

it never is a good look to insult someone while misspelling words.

Cyborg has been a champ at 145 for years, and no champ drops for another champ.

either the lighter fighter moves up, or they catch.

Yep Rousey seemed to be willing to do that before Cyborg tested positive.

its well known to be "light", not late.

but lets pretend its late.

then she already admitted she would stall, and stalling she has.

she has used weight as the tool.

SHE NEVER ONCE SAYS 145 IS A BAD WEIGHT FOR HER.

She says 135 "is where evryone else is"- a clear indication she wanted to fight others first.

Her original plan was always to fight Cyborg at 145, the 135 talk is all new and revisionist history.

it would be different if she said "i dont belong in this weight class" instead she says "the Cyborg fight needs to happen"

most of you werent around.

she used the reference to Rocky5, calling Cyborg Drago.

so Drago (Cyborg) beats Apollo Creed (Gina) who every red-blooded American was rooting for.

the good news is we have Rocky (Ronda), so we root for Rocky to fight Drago.

we ALREADY KNOW DRAGO IS BIGGER THAN ROCKY.

WE ALREADY KNOW DRAGO JUICES.

But we believe fight IQ, heart, and technique may beat Drago.

Then Rocky doesnt fight Drago,

and a series of circumstances blur to newer fans the facts surrounding a fight many fans wanted for years.

you guys just dont get it.

Well its clearly "late" and not "light" because they are talking about when Ronda wants to fight Cyborg, not at what weight.

And maybe the original plan was to fight at 145, but that all changed once Cyborg pissed hot and made the entire division a fucking joke.

You idiots just don't get it and it blows my mind.

Fucked up thing about you losers is you damn well know that if things were reversed and Ronda asked to be released from the UFC while Cyborg stayed and became champ, you would all say Ronda ran away scared.

Is Cyborg the only fighter to make it to the UFC and then run away without ever doing anything?

Well its clearly "late" and not "light" because they are talking about when Ronda wants to fight Cyborg, not at what weight.

And maybe the original plan was to fight at 145, but that all changed once Cyborg pissed hot and made the entire division a fucking joke.

You idiots just don't get it and it blows my mind.

Fucked up thing about you losers is you damn well know that if things were reversed and Ronda asked to be released from the UFC while Cyborg stayed and became champ, you would all say Ronda ran away scared.

Is Cyborg the only fighter to make it to the UFC and then run away without ever doing anything?

noone ever doubted she juiced.

i guess you didnt read that part.

who cares?

pussy shit.

ive never heard someone duck over it before.

its more common than not.

noone ever doubted she juiced.

i guess you didnt read that part.

who cares?

pussy shit.

ive never heard someone duck over it before.

its more common than not.

Oh it's more common than not? Lol name some fighters that asked to be released from UFC without fighting or even trying to fight. I mean since it's soooo common surely you can provide some examples

Back