Cyborg all of a sudden seems fine with facing a 135lber...

She gets what she's been given.

She should really leave the UFC at the end of her contract they are not doing right by her at all.

Well, maybe they could manage to sign Julia Budd, next highest ranked 145 lbs. woman. Of course, she was beaten in the first round by both Nunes and Ronda. The problem is that there is no one with any talent in the utter wasteland that is the 145 lbs. women's division. It does not matter how many people they sign, Cyborg will still be crushing club-level fighters.

So the UFC isn't treating her badly as the post I responded to alleged?

Glad we agree.

You do understand that real life is not suspended in a specific point in time that you chose to dwell on, right?

The UFC has an essentially empty women's 145 lbs division. So any challenger to Cyborg who is anything other than a UFC bantamweight being moved up in weight to fight her is necessarily going to come from outside of the UFC. No one who doesn't take WMMA, or Invicta FC seriously, has a credible voice when it comes to women fighters outside of the UFC being unknown or not. How would they? So if they post like they have a clue what they are talking about, when they don't, or if they post to deliberately deceive other Sherdoggers, then they need to be called out on it.

I remember you now... I've noticed previously the irony of the username you chose for yourself.
Lol I've probaby been watching wmma since before you were born noobie!

The pleasure is all mine, the deception is all yours...

You do understand that real life is not suspended in a specific point in time that you chose to dwell on, right?

The guy said Cyborg gets treated badly by the UFC, which is blatantly false. You came spazzing out about lack of competition for a freak who roided herself to a non-existent weight class.

So what am I dwelling on?

The 145lb weight limit stops many women.

Not really. There are plenty of women who are 145 easy. Most of the current 135's are cutting at least 10 lbs to get there.

Jorina Baars fights at 145 and has had over 40 fights since 2000, so that tells me that there are more than enough women to step up to Cyborg, including Baars herself.

The guy said Cyborg gets treated badly by the UFC, which is blatantly false. You came spazzing out about lack of competition for a freak who roided herself to a non existent weight class.

So what am I dwelling on?
What am I dwelling on?

I kind of just felt like calling you a dipshit and needed an excuse.

Lol I've probaby been watching wmma since before you were born noobie!

Somehow I doubt that. Mark has been a fan from way back, and he is practically old enough to fart dust.

Ok, he is younger than me but still far older than the average poster here.

This whole thread premise is false and is down to the obvious mental illness of Cyborg's fanatical H8 brigade. Just the recent history:

(1) Cyborg wanted GDR, 145 champ.

(2) GDR ran, so UFC booked Anderson against Cyborg.

(3) Anderson ran so UFC booked whoever the f*ck had the guts to get into the octagon with Cyborg, which turned out to be Tonya Evinger.

(4) Cyborg called out Holm, the best 145 er in the org and for a change, got her and beat her.

(5) Cyborg called out Anderson, the next best 145er in the org. Anderson ducked again.

(6) Cyborg said f this, hire some 145ers and get me a legit 145 opponent whoever it is. There are plenty in other orgs.

(7) UFC gave her a superfight with Nunes.

(8) Holloway pulled out of 222 and UFC bumped Cyborg onto that card with the best opponent they could get in that time frame.

'Cyborg only fights smaller girls' - she calls out the top 145ers but can only fight whom is willing to face her and whom UFC has under contract.

'Cyborg only fights cans' - she calls out the top opponents but they duck.

'Cyborg always complains' - Cyborg does not always complain but anyone would be frustrated if their organisation repeatedly let people duck her while refusing to sign opponents in that weight class.

What happened to the impassioned speech about building a division, opponents having to fight ranked fighters in the 145lb division before facing her, not fighting against natural 135lbers etc?

Now that she's not facing Nunes but instead the unknown Kunitskaya all these concerns have miraculously vanished. How does it make any logical sense to think it's ok to fight a unknown 135lber who recently lost to Tonya Evinger but be all up in arms about facing the 135lb UFC champion.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck - it's most probably a duck

Yana is moving to 145. She has had really bad weight cuts at 135 and last time out the comission told her to move to 145

that said, she was average at bantamweight. shes not going to be any better at 145

Kunitskaya had been set to fight Leah Letson, a new UFC featherweight, signee prior to Cyborg agreeing to fight Kunitskaya on short notice to save UFC 222.

She was scheduled to fight Sarah Mcmann at Bantamweight

Ive no idea why she thought she was fighting Leah who is booked to fight in another org in march

She was scheduled to fight Sarah Mcmann at Bantamweight

Ive no idea why she thought she was fighting Leah who is booked to fight in another org in march

She was set to fight McMann but that fight fell apart and then the UFC signed Leah Letson to fight Kunitskaya. Cotton is fighting someone else now. It all happened very quickly.

Tapology's bout page is dead however but you can google it, it just redirects to their fight center.

"...Already the UFC champion at 145 pounds, Cris Cyborg made her case as one of the greatest female fighters ever in December with her five-round win over former world titleholder Holly Holm. Now the 32-year-old from Curitba will look to extend her remarkable unbeaten streak to 21 when she battles Russia's Yana Kunitskaya. Originally scheduled to make her UFC debut against Leah Letson on March 3, the 28-year-old knockout artist now has the opportunity of a lifetime in front of her as she takes on Cyborg in a matchup where the former Invicta FC bantamweight champ can add UFC gold to her championship collection. ..."

Read more below at UFC . com news.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Cyborg-Kunitskaya-to-headline-UFC-222?id=

http://themmatakeover.com/yana-kunitskaya-vs-leah-letson-booked-ufc-222-featherweight/

http://www.mmamad.com/yana-kunitskaya-vs-leah-letson-targeted-ufc-222-las-vegas/

http://www.sportingnews.com/mma/new...-edgar-brian-ortega/7cz140qt5e5r1dvyoe6dk581d
This last one references the Letson fight.

There were some other media reports but they may have been taken down as Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya took over the news for UFC 222.

There was a thread with several tweets discussing this yesterday and the abrought change in plans.

Leah Letson's Instagram Link.

leahnidasmma
  • 499 posts
  • 1,876 followers
  • 671 following
Leah Letson
United States Air Force Veteran UFC Fighter Electronic Protection Technician in Air National Guard

https://www.instagram.com/leahnidasmma/?hl=en

Cotton's new opponent.

--
On McMann, Kunitskaya made some comments about five fighters ducking her because they are scared to fight her. (Another edit. Kunitskaya may have deleted her own Instagram post on the fiver fighters ducking her.)

from Tapology
Cancelled Bout Sara McMann UFC on FOX 28 2018.02.24
Reason: Kunitskaya Rebooked

Leah Letson made a tweet about not being scare of anyone, perhaps being concerned Kunitskaya's Instagram post was directed at her. (I double checked her twitter and it looks like she deleted that tweet.)

Last edited:
This whole thread premise is false and is down to the obvious mental illness of Cyborg's fanatical H8 brigade. Just the recent history:

(1) Cyborg wanted GDR, 145 champ.

(2) GDR ran, so UFC booked Anderson against Cyborg.

(3) Anderson ran so UFC booked whoever the f*ck had the guts to get into the octagon with Cyborg, which turned out to be Tonya Evinger.

(4) Cyborg called out Holm, the best 145 er in the org and for a change, got her and beat her.

(5) Cyborg called out Anderson, the next best 145er in the org. Anderson ducked again.

(6) Cyborg said f this, hire some 145ers and get me a legit 145 opponent whoever it is. There are plenty in other orgs.

(7) UFC gave her a superfight with Nunes.

(8) Holloway pulled out of 222 and UFC bumped Cyborg onto that card with the best opponent they could get in that time frame.

'Cyborg only fights smaller girls' - she calls out the top 145ers but can only fight whom is willing to face her and whom UFC has under contract.

'Cyborg only fights cans' - she calls out the top opponents but they duck.

'Cyborg always complains' - Cyborg does not always complain but anyone would be frustrated if their organisation repeatedly let people duck her while refusing to sign opponents in that weight class.

Hmm, let's put it into proper perspective.

Cyborg went up in weight over the years from 137 to 175 (or more, according to various sources). She lifted, ate and juiced her way into the least talented class in all of MMA, and this takes work, particularly for a woman engaged in a cardio-intensive sport. (not easy to add muscle, so she really focused on it).She gave her weight during an interview at 154, then asked to be released from her original contract with the UFC because she "would die" cutting from 160 to 135, all the while complaining that Ronda (whom I detest) would not move up to fight her.

She then gained an additional 15 lbs. then cut to 139. Now possibly it is my math, but that is a lot more than the 25 lbs. that would kill her, and a greater overall percentage of bodyweight as well. So we have this wonderful example of dishonesty. This, coupled with two failed drug tests (even given a retroactive TUE, she still lied to the testing officials). And, of course, let us not forget scale tampering. All to fight smaller women.

Cyborg has fought 21 times, and out of those 21 fights, only six women have not fought lighter than 145, with an equal number having experience at 125. And this is not the fault of the UFC, as she has only recently signed with them. (not even two years ago). The next excuse she offers is that she "does not want to fight a Brazilian" which is utter horseshit as she has already fought five of them.

She states she wants to "fight a legit 145lbs. fighter" and then names a woman who has more fights at 135, a bad record and is ranked #15 in the worst division of MMA. Then she takes another fight against a 135 lbs. fighter. Not exactly a bastion of credibility.

She has been given perks beyond belief (getting paid by the UFC to fight in another org, getting her nutritionist paid for, getting a weight class created just for her) and still she complains. After beating up smaller and talentless women, and cheating to do it.

Hell, all of her best wins are women who have fought in lighter weight classes.

She gets shit because she has earned it.

she was moving up before this fight was made...but why not just shit on Cyborg instead of doing your homework, right TS?

she was moving up before this fight was made...but why not just shit on Cyborg instead of doing your homework, right TS?

Hendricks moved up to 185.

That doesn't make him a MW.

Yana is smaller than the soccer mom who got dwarfed and beaten up by Cyborg.
20170324043614_1DX_4242.JPG

Hendricks moved up to 185.

That doesn't make him a MW.

Yana is smaller than the soccer mom who got dwarfed and beaten up by Cyborg.

acc. to today's news, Hendricks is walking around at 209? he was murdering himself to make 170. sounds like a MW to me.

given that Yana decided in advance of this fight even being made that she was moving up to 145, and even called out Cyborg and the UFC brass, then it's pretty lame to try and pin this on Cyborg, as TS is attempting to do.

acc. to today's news, Hendricks is walking around at 209? he was murdering himself to make 170. sounds like a MW to me.

given that Yana decided in advance of this fight even being made that she was moving up to 145, and even called out Cyborg and the UFC brass, then it's pretty lame to try and pin this on Cyborg, as TS is attempting to do.

The only thing Hendricks is murdering are burgers and fries.

I'm only here to stop this nonsense about Yana being a 145er. She's a low level 135er, as per usual for Cyborg.

It's as simple as saving an event on short notice equals an extra nice fat payday.

In the world of WMMA every woman should jump at that chance cause they don't come around to often.

Ugh. I can't stand "her".

All Cyborg wants is mismatches, never a challenge.

Fighting the best BW in the world is still a mismatch, she would still be bigger, challenge is for the other fighter to come up and fight the widely accepted best female fighter on the planet.

Having said that, i kind of doubt Nunes would ever fight Cyborg, she wanted to fight for the FW belt when Cyborg wasnt the champion, the second she realized Cyborg was going to fight for it she said she respected Cyborgs division and wanted none of that, doubt that has ever changed.

Back