Cyborg all of a sudden seems fine with facing a 135lber...

While Yana might not be the best 145 or 135 she's done both and while she lost to Tonya she also had a sub win just before over her (got overturn to NC not sure why). And talked recently about 145, being a better weight for her. Looking at fight metric there's 2 top ten girls not with a major organization and undefeated Katharina Lehner 7-0 and Jozette Cotton 8-0 girls who might be more exciting than Yana, but ufc was scrambling and Yana was already a ufc property so it is what it is.

The only thing Hendricks is murdering are burgers and fries.

I'm only here to stop this nonsense about Yana being a 145er. She's a low level 135er, as per usual for Cyborg.

that's fine...but is it Cyborg's fault the UFC is failing to find big 145ers for her to fight. who is she supposedly ducking?

Even if she squashes Nunes, the crazier Cyborg haters will still say claim she is only beating 135ers lol

Cyborg is a legit star...her fight with Carano did monster numbers many years ago...so why does the UFC continue to badly mishandle her when she could be the centrepiece of the division, the way Ronda was at 135? brutal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nunes was the one not on board with the short notice fight. Cyborg being Cyborg, it's hard not to imagine her as the reason she's fighting a bum

that's fine...but is it Cyborg's fault the UFC is failing to find big 145ers for her to fight. who is she supposedly ducking?

Even if she squashes Nunes, the crazier Cyborg haters will still say claim she is only beating 135ers lol

Cyborg is a legit star...her fight with Carano did monster numbers many years ago...so why does the UFC continue to badly mishandle her when she could be the centrepiece of the division, the way Ronda was at 135? brutal.

How is the UFC mishandling her?

They hired a nutritionist for her to get to a weight class that actually has some talent in it, when that didn't happen and Cyborg just juiced up even more, they created an entire weight class just for her. They gave her a 500k paycheck to crush undersized women.

There are tons of fighters who'd love to be "mishandled" like Cyborg.

What amazes me is that Cris turned down a title fight at 208 on 10 weeks notice saying she needs a 12 week camp to make 145, yet here she is stepping up in 3 weeks time,
Did u miss the news where cyborg admitted that was a lie because of a temporary suspension by usada after using doctor prescribed drug to rehydrate after her 140 cut at the time, and was not cleared till after.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nunes was the one not on board with the short notice fight. Cyborg being Cyborg, it's hard not to imagine her as the reason she's fighting a bum
I don't know cyborg really wanted this IN July for the pay, this match could even be part of the deal to make THAT happen like Cyborg, "I'll defeat anyone else at 222 if I get amanda at 226"

I don't know cyborg really wanted this IN July for the pay, this match could even be part of the deal to make THAT happen like Cyborg, "I'll defeat anyone else at 222 if I get amanda at 226"

I could be. She's clearly the best female fighter on the planet. Unfortunately, she's also the biggest. No matter who she beats or how she beats them, her butt hurt haters will never give her credit. Even if she plows throw Nunes, she'll get shit on. Like it or not, Cyborg is the draw. UFC knows it. Why else would she be headlining cards at catchweight and have a division created for her?

I can't stand her weekly whining but good on her for jumping on a card like that.

Nunes and Anderson will come next if someone doesn't ruin it..

Ugh. I can't stand "her".

All Cyborg wants is mismatches, never a challenge.
So holly wasnt a challenge ? How about Rhonda.. Who ducked her for years. Gina.. Who was Rhonda be4 Rhonda
. You act like people are lining up to fight her. She saved the card for ufc, she didnt hand pick her opponent. Short notice.. Im sure if Nunes would have said yes, that would be the fight, but she didnt. Blame her for not accepting.

she was moving up before this fight was made...but why not just shit on Cyborg instead of doing your homework, right TS?

Three entire weeks ago. Odds that it was because of this fight at least being discussed. She routinely weighed in under the 135 lbs. limit.

What happened to the impassioned speech about building a division, opponents having to fight ranked fighters in the 145lb division before facing her, not fighting against natural 135lbers etc?

Now that she's not facing Nunes but instead the unknown Kunitskaya all these concerns have miraculously vanished. How does it make any logical sense to think it's ok to fight a unknown 135lber who recently lost to Tonya Evinger but be all up in arms about facing the 135lb UFC champion.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck - it's most probably a duck
She's vermin. SImple as that.
one of the most disgusting humans in sport.

Where are they going to find these fighters? Hell, the Bellator champ @145 was beaten by both Rousey and Nunes in the first round. Cyborg is the queen of the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Hmm, let's put it into proper perspective.

Cyborg went up in weight over the years from 137 to 175 (or more, according to various sources). She lifted, ate and juiced her way into the least talented class in all of MMA, and this takes work, particularly for a woman engaged in a cardio-intensive sport. (not easy to add muscle, so she really focused on it).She gave her weight during an interview at 154, then asked to be released from her original contract with the UFC because she "would die" cutting from 160 to 135, all the while complaining that Ronda (whom I detest) would not move up to fight her.

She then gained an additional 15 lbs. then cut to 139. Now possibly it is my math, but that is a lot more than the 25 lbs. that would kill her, and a greater overall percentage of bodyweight as well. So we have this wonderful example of dishonesty. This, coupled with two failed drug tests (even given a retroactive TUE, she still lied to the testing officials). And, of course, let us not forget scale tampering. All to fight smaller women.

Cyborg has fought 21 times, and out of those 21 fights, only six women have not fought lighter than 145, with an equal number having experience at 125. And this is not the fault of the UFC, as she has only recently signed with them. (not even two years ago). The next excuse she offers is that she "does not want to fight a Brazilian" which is utter horseshit as she has already fought five of them.

She states she wants to "fight a legit 145lbs. fighter" and then names a woman who has more fights at 135, a bad record and is ranked #15 in the worst division of MMA. Then she takes another fight against a 135 lbs. fighter. Not exactly a bastion of credibility.

She has been given perks beyond belief (getting paid by the UFC to fight in another org, getting her nutritionist paid for, getting a weight class created just for her) and still she complains. After beating up smaller and talentless women, and cheating to do it.

Hell, all of her best wins are women who have fought in lighter weight classes.

She gets shit because she has earned it.

LOL at leveraging your entire post on walk around weight vs. ring weight.

As if any fighter walks around at the actual weight they weigh in at.

And I seriously don't get all the PED outrage. More than half the roster has been busted for PEDs, yet one failed test almost 10 years ago completely defines everything about Cyborg...you really should stop watching MMA, and sports in general, if a failed PED test bothers you so much, because I got news for you, most the guys testing clean aren't really clean.

LOL at leveraging your entire post on walk around weight vs. ring weight.

As if any fighter walks around at the actual weight they weigh in at.

And I seriously don't get all the PED outrage. More than half the roster has been busted for PEDs, yet one failed test almost 10 years ago completely defines everything about Cyborg...you really should stop watching MMA, and sports in general, if a failed PED test bothers you so much, because I got news for you, most the guys testing clean aren't really clean.

We have no idea what their actual ring weight was. And if you think that is all my post was based on, well, you disagree with your statement by bringing up another point. Of course, Cyborg's nutritionist has given her fight weight at 168. And, of course, you miss the obvious about her claims about cutting.

And no, not more than half the roster. Why do you feel the need to lie?

And no, I never said a PED test failure bothers me so much. Try context. It helps.

Typical Cyborg apologist.

How is the UFC mishandling her?

They hired a nutritionist for her to get to a weight class that actually has some talent in it, when that didn't happen and Cyborg just juiced up even more, they created an entire weight class just for her. They gave her a 500k paycheck to crush undersized women.

There are tons of fighters who'd love to be "mishandled" like Cyborg.

the only reason for Cyborg to make 135 was when Ronda was there, as the champ has earned the right to be met on her own terms, not have to move up to face someone who is neither in her division nor even in her org at the time.

but the excuse for handicapping Cyborg down to 135, where her opponents might have a chance, evaporated when Ronda got headkicked into oblivion.

500k is garbage compared to what Ronda was earning, and crushing smaller women isn't building a division. Cyborg is twice the fighter Ronda was and the UFC is hardly investing in her, or the 145 division, the way they did for Ronda and 135.

TS pulling out the 'duck' nonsense is ridiculous, especially when everyone else is crying about how there is no talent at 145 and Cyborg is crushing smaller women So which is it? Is Cyborg ducking...or is there no talent? I call bullshit on both claims.

She has been mishandled because the UFC should be celebrating and promoting Cyborg as the most dominant female MMA fighter ever and building a division around her. It isn't like Cyborg suddenly showed up...the UFC has had YEARS to work on this. so yeah, she's been mishandled. They have a legit star on their hands, with allegedly no one to face her? That's on the UFC, not Cyborg.

Three entire weeks ago. Odds that it was because of this fight at least being discussed. She routinely weighed in under the 135 lbs. limit.

she was moving up anyway and was supposed to fight at 145 on the same card, before the Cyborg fight came up.

Where are they going to find these fighters? Hell, the Bellator champ @145 was beaten by both Rousey and Nunes in the first round. Cyborg is the queen of the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

That's for the UFC to figure out...time to earn their money and invest in the division. They built 135 around Ronda from nothing and it paid off handsomely...why not do the same when you have a proven monster like Cyborg to build around? Don't tell me women suddenly cease to exist above 135. A start would be to pay these fighters some legit money to lure them into the sport...

While Yana might not be the best 145 or 135 she's done both and while she lost to Tonya she also had a sub win just before over her (got overturn to NC not sure why). And talked recently about 145, being a better weight for her. Looking at fight metric there's 2 top ten girls not with a major organization and undefeated Katharina Lehner 7-0 and Jozette Cotton 8-0 girls who might be more exciting than Yana, but ufc was scrambling and Yana was already a ufc property so it is what it is.

I'll attempt to shed some light on a little bit of this.

Mike England interfered with the fight between Yana Kunitskaya and Tonya Evinger*. Evinger was defending an armbar by putting her foot on Kunitskaya's face. England told Evinger to stop it, telling her she was In the wrong. He stopped the fight and made Evinger change her position that prevented her from defending Kunitskaya's new angle of attacking her arm. The athletic commission in Missouri overturned the fight due England's refereeing. They fought again and Evinger eventually defeated Kuniskaya, defending a similar armbar attempt in that fight too.

Lehner is set to fight Sarah Kaufman for the Invicta bantamweight title later this year. That fight was recently announced. The position Kunitskaya vacated recently. (Most of Kunitskaya's career in MMA has been at featherweight until this past two and a half years or so. Just pointing this out again for people who have missed that.)

Cotton hasn't actually made weight for 145lbs yet. She came in over weight in the actual title fight weigh in, vs Jennifer Leigh Norris, but they let it happen as a title fight anyways.

Cotton was set to fight Leah Letson for Dynasty but the UFC picked her up, from Invicta, to fight for them. (Letson has fought at bantamweight some too but she has been struggling to make weight and has agreed to fight up as a featherweight of late. She has called out Cyborg recently on twitter.)

Hopefully that helps a little.

--
Different topic:

It is never a good idea of look at photos of people weighing in to see who is the bigger fighter. They are both attempting to make weight.

For Evinger vs. Kunitskaya you can at least tell who has extra fat on them and who is totally drained looking.

There is plenty of other stuff about Kunitskaya and her weight situation in this thread and in articles dealing with CSAC ruling on her. Etc. Enough said.

--

I know Tonya Evinger presents herself as an out of shape trucker driver type and can be pretty sloppy at times but she does has skills and is surprisingly strong for her size. Her background is wrestling and she was at a high level back when she competed, just behind Sara McMann on the Olympic ladder.

One of their many wrestling matches from way back when.

Typically McMann won their matches but not always. Evinger went 3-1 vs Kathlee Albert too if my memory serves me. People know Albert better as Cat Zingano.

Evinger can get people down and bust them up fairly well.

If you were a WEC fan back in the day you may remember her coming out as part of Faber's crew at some old shows. They are old friends.

tonyaurijahbr5_medium.jpg

(Edit. Evinger can be a volatile personality and they could have had a falling out that I do not know about. Last time I knew Evinger spent time with Faber was pre TUF 18. Miesha Tate, someone Evinger has had a long running "feud" of sorts was training at TAM around that time period. - Evinger has been seeking a fight with Tate for years.)

Last edited:
Did u miss the news where cyborg admitted that was a lie because of a temporary suspension by usada after using doctor prescribed drug to rehydrate after her 140 cut at the time, and was not cleared till after.

I'm trying hard to keep up here, UFC offered title fight start of December, Cris tested 5th December, MmaFighting published her statement about turning down fight and needing 12 weeks on 6 December, result of positive test announced 22nd December. So she didn't actually know about any suspension when she made statement saying she needed 12 weeks.

Water under the bridge now I guess.

Back