• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curtis Blaydes tweet after TKO loss.

Well at least this should shut up most of those annoying Blaydes fans who were insisting DC is ducking Blaydes and demanding that Blaydes be one of DC's last fights.
Agreed. I was getting so sick of hearing about that. B..b..but wrestling credentials! As if that shit matters. What matters is your perfomances and Cormier's speak for themselves

Yet neither one convinces me Francis is actually better
Hallman Hughes type of deal. The power Francis carries will always make him very dangerous and Curtis is sorta hittable

Good call and thread several weeks ago Mystic @UL.

Well at least this should shut up most of those annoying Blaydes fans who were insisting DC is ducking Blaydes and demanding that Blaydes be one of DC's last fights.
I haven’t seen this at all. I think like one or two posters must have triggered you

I haven’t seen this at all. I think like one or two posters must have triggered you
Fuck, there were numerous threads about it for weeks after Cormier beat DC. "Stop ducking Blaydes" "DC is fighting Brock cause hes scared of Blaydes". No one with any sense wants to see DC waste his last fight on someone who could be fighting on the prelims.

Well that makes you a hater lol
I disagree man, I like Francis and Curtis both. Love the division. Want more decisiveness in my finishes. Early stoppages and doctor stoppages aren't my fav.

I disagree man, I like Francis and Curtis both. Love the division. Want more decisiveness in my finishes. Early stoppages and doctor stoppages aren't my fav.
I think Blaydes is overrated. He has great potential, but they moved him along too fast. The UFC needs to start taking their time with these young guys.

I disagree, in fact the success curt had in the first fight is why I knew Stipe would beat Francis. He landed some sick blast doubles in that fight. He also has a gas tank and was on his way to a W on the cards imo if the doctor didn't stop it
You really need to rewatch this fight, I really feel you're going off a memory you convinced yourself happened that was far from the reality. There wasn't a point where Curtis was in it, he did absolutely nothing with those takedowns Francis got up with ease and was smashing him on the feet, you could see how timid Curtis was too he just couldn't handle that power, I just rewatched it myself and had it confirmed, Ngannou dominated him and was up 20-18 at least before the stoppage.

Last edited:
Yet neither one convinces me Francis is actually better
I'm no physicist bit he blocked at least 80% of punch power from that punch with his hand and still got dropped on his face and finished with semi commited leftovers.

Ngannou looked significantlly bigger, i don't like his chanches in 10 out of 10 contest neither. Ngannou probably wins at least 8 times.

I actually think he will.

He beats most HWs out there, but Ngannou just seems to have his number.
he ain't beating DC or Cain. I don't believe DC when he says Cain is better either. He trolls alot. They have sparred but sparring is not a real fight. ngannou vs DC would be interesting though.

he ain't beating DC or Cain. I don't believe DC when he says Cain is better either. He trolls alot. They have sparred but sparring is not a real fight. ngannou vs DC would be interesting though.
Agreed. DC would smash him. But DC will be retiring soon.

More like took a few shots behind the ear and to the top/back of head.

(No complaints. I don't ever blame fighters for hitting the back of the head when opponent is moving target and covering everything else up.... but that is where I saw the shots landing. )

Back