• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curtis Blaydes tweet after TKO loss.

Styles make fights and I would still favor Blaydes over DC.

<Huh2>

I would love to hear your logic here. Let's talk "styles make fights." DC is clearly the better striker and the better wrestler. Where would Blaydes have an advantage?

He absolutely didn't
tenor.gif

Blaydes is one of the youngest HW’s on the roster, and has been fighting pro for 4 years. Apparently, he had barely trained before getting to the UFC due to not having a car or the ability to pay for an actual camp. His manager had to set him up at a local UFC gym.

The guy will get the belt eventually. It’s inevitable.

Well at least this should shut up most of those annoying Blaydes fans who were insisting DC is ducking Blaydes and demanding that Blaydes be one of DC's last fights.
He did duck blaydes though, theres post fight interviews saying as much.

Yet neither one convinces me Francis is actually better

You're in denial then, Blaydes couldn't outwrestle a green Ngannou the first time. Stipe had to stand and trade with Francis for a while and wear him down before he could wrestle him effectively, which Blaydes can't do. Stipe was a high level D1 wrestler himself, very underrated in that deparment. There aren't many guys who will be able to exploit Ngannou's supposedly terrible grappling outside of DC and Stipe who happen to be the absolute elite of well rounded HW fighters (and Cain if he ever comes back).

You're in denial then, Blaydes couldn't outwrestle a green Ngannou the first time. Stipe had to stand and trade with Francis for a while and wear him down before he could wrestle him effectively, which Blaydes can't do. Stipe was a high level D1 wrestler himself, very underrated in that deparment. There aren't many guys who will be able to exploit Ngannou's supposedly terrible grappling outside of DCanda
I disagree, in fact the success curt had in the first fight is why I knew Stipe would beat Francis. He landed some sick blast doubles in that fight. He also has a gas tank and was on his way to a W on the cards imo if the doctor didn't stop it

I disagree, in fact the success curt had in the first fight is why I knew Stipe would beat Francis. He landed some sick blast doubles in that fight. He also has a gas tank and was on his way to a W on the cards imo if the doctor didn't stop it

You serious? It's been a long time since i watched that fight but I remember Blaydes taking a fairly drawn out beating, the comparative damage wasn't close in my recollection. I could be wrong though, human memory is faulty.

But what are you disagreeing with? You think Blaydes would win 8 out of 10 times or something?

You serious? It's been a long time since i watched that fight but I remember Blaydes taking a fairly drawn out beating, the comparative damage wasn't close in my recollection. I could be wrong though, human memory is faulty.

But what are you disagreeing with? You think Blaydes would win 8 out of 10 times or something?
I'm disagreeing with your assessment of the first fight. Of course the eye was the most significant damage in the fight, but curt landed some takedowns pretty easily and even landed some punches standing. The gas tank is much better on Blaydes too.

Hard to say Curtis would win 8 of 10 or something like that, but if I had to guess who had the better chance of becoming a champ one day, I would say curt.

I know he isn't. But that's what makes him scary. He sucks overall, yet he beats better fighters with ease with his touch of CTE.

This was shitty matchmaking, because it ruined Blaydes, who would've been a decent contender in the division. Now he needs to build another win streak to even get considered for a TS.

I know he isn't. But that's what makes him scary. He sucks overall, yet he beats better fighters with ease with his touch of CTE.

This was shitty matchmaking, because it ruined Blaydes, who would've been a decent contender in the division. Now he needs to build another win streak to even get considered for a TS.
Fair point, and my post was no indictment on Francis, he did his job perfectly

lol so many delusionals in this thread...francis KO'ed curtis and ppl still doubting francis is the better fighter???

You win. That's pretty stupid. Everyone knows you're a racist troll. Was waiting on your response for these two. One American. One from Cameroon. Wasn't hard to see who you'd shit on.

You win. That's pretty stupid. Everyone knows you're a racist troll. Was waiting on your response for these two. One American. One from Cameroon. Wasn't hard to see who you'd shit on.
<LikeReally5>

{<huh}

There were tons of people saying it was shitty matchmaking for Ngannou, that it was almost guaranteed to give him a third loss in a row and an unrecoverable spiral downwards. But there are no foreordained outcomes when it comes to the heavyweight division.

This was a match Blaydes actively wanted. And he's still young. More time and practice to shore up his striking and such can only be a benefit to him when his turn for a title shot comes. And with HW, you need far less to earn your way back into contention than other weights. It's not like there's sooooooo many others with better claims.

Seems better to me. Two fights doesn't necessarily have to prove it but the first fight like like 2 full rounds no? Blaydes surely has improved but he has difficulty dealing with that power that's for sure. It's certainly no death sentence for Blaydes and his hope to be champ as that division is still wide open and the guy is like 26. Ngannou is a good 6 years older but Blaydes probably will never get another shot at him unless one is champ.

Awesome response glad he didn’t complain about the stoppage here. He’s got a bright future and is going places with that attitude

Blade didn't drink enough blood tonight, vampires need blood to keep their strength up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back