Current countries with the most top 10 and champions

Wow, Puerto Rico is hurting these days.

I came here to say the same thing...this never happened when I was growing up. Feels like Cotto was the last great boxer from the island. I remember when Arum was hyping Juanma up as the next one...before Salido happened.

I came here to say the same thing...this never happened when I was growing up. Feels like Cotto was the last great boxer from the island. I remember when Arum was hyping Juanma up as the next one...before Salido happened.
And Emmanuel Rodriguez has a tough fight coming up with Naoya Inoue in May.
They'll rebound.
Just in a bad spot right now.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Japan as well for me. They have had some over the years, but that seems more than normal. I wonder if the Anime/Manga Hajime No Ippo inspired some kids 20 years ago when they were kids, and now they are of age to be pro boxers.
They’re mostly at featherweight and below that’s why it’s pretty obscure. A few years back I was surprised when I would look at The Ring rankings and seeing so many Japanese names, it was not far removed from PRIDE FC and K-1 thriving.

why does the eagle man have boobs?

It's amazing how much success the U.K. has. When I close my eyes, I picture their fighters as slow white guys. Perhaps it's time I change that.

Who get mauled and bleed. I think that stereotype made me take forever to realize Hatton was good. I’m sure you’ll find posts of me stating Tszyu would crush him.

TOP 10 as of Boxrec

USA-31
U.K-24
Japan-17
Mexico-14
Philippines-13
Russia-10
South Africa-6
Cuba-5
Ukraine-5
Nicaragua-4
Australia-4
Puerto Rico-3
Thailand-3
Ghana-3
France-3
Poland-3
Belarus-2
Spain-2
Argentine-2
China-1
Mongolia-1
Dominican Republic-1
Panama-1
Turkey-1
Latvia-1
Sweden-1
Colombia-1
Canada-1
Bulgaria-1
Germany-1
Kazakhstan-1
Uzbekistan-1
Lithuania-1

CHAMPIONS
This list goes by the 17 weight classes and where each belt resides currently. 68 Belts in total.
So since Usyk has all 4 belts at Cruiserweight. Each belt will count as a tally for the Ukraine.
Only the WBC (168LBS) is currently vacant.

USA 18 (26.4%)
Mexico 10 (14.7%)
Ukraine 8 (11.7%)
U.K. 7 (10.2%)
Japan 4 (5.8%)
Philippines 4 (5.8%)
Russia 3 (4.4%)
Thailand 3 (4.4%)
South Africa 2 (2.9%)
Puerto Rico 2 (2.9%)
Belarus 2 (2.9%)
Ghana 1 (1.4%)
Australia 1 (1.4%)
France 1 (1.4%)
Nicaragua 1 (1.4%)
But how many of them are on steroids?

Not sure where else to put this and cant be asked to start a thread. I've been following Joshua Buatsi since he won Bronze at the 2016 Olympics. Love his style of fighting and hope he keeps doing well. How well do you think he against the better competition at 175lbs? Would even love to see him face Canelo one day. At the moment he's just been too good for everyone even in this fight from last week which was supposed to be a step up:

We might be small in population but we’re big in heart!!!!!!

Not sure where else to put this and cant be asked to start a thread. I've been following Joshua Buatsi since he won Bronze at the 2016 Olympics. Love his style of fighting and hope he keeps doing well. How well do you think he against the better competition at 175lbs? Would even love to see him face Canelo one day. At the moment he's just been too good for everyone even in this fight from last week which was supposed to be a step up:

is it common to go from boxing at the O2 arena to a handball arena?

Saw this card, man dude can fight! That right hand is like a laser, tight crisp punches, and most important very good sportsmanship seems like a nice caring dude.

I think he can hang with those guys he’s 6’2 slightly bigger than Bivol, just a little more work on defense and he should compete no prob.

It's amazing how much success the U.K. has. When I close my eyes, I picture their fighters as slow white guys. Perhaps it's time I change that.
hmmm. i always picture them as smaller guys with tough chins and fast hands

Back