Cung Le Paid $5,000 Per Episode to Coach on TUF

Is this supposed to make the Pink Goof look bad? 5k per episode sounds like a very reasonable salary and of course they have a schedule they need to follow. Le could have hired a nanny for the money he was paid if that was an issue.

DFW is often an idiot and a despicable person, but not everything he does is bad.

"Sit on the bench" means exactly that.
Had he refused the TUF deal, they wouldn't have let him fight for a while.

And if you get this deal from your current job? Additional deal? And this deal is going to reduce your income, but if you refuse , they will send you home for a period?
Dude how old are you? Its always like this, boss says "no we cant pay this and that, whole company goes bankrupt if we accept this" while worker either submits or demands better deal. Thing is, submit once and your leverage is gone for good.
There is a reason why McGregor isnt fighting for 10/10k

Another thing is if people want to see Cung Le fight, he will fight regardless of Dana Whites bullshit.

60.000 posts and no basic human thinking...
Explain to me why anyone would work for free.
Cung was an established fighter by the time he was on the show.

Why would anyone take that kind of time out of their life to do something free for Dana?

Dude how old are you? Its always like this, boss says "no we cant pay this and that, whole company goes bankrupt if we accept this" while worker either submits or demands better deal. Thing is, submit once and your leverage is gone for good.
There is a reason why McGregor isnt fighting for 10/10k

Another thing is if people want to see Cung Le fight, he will fight regardless of Dana Whites bullshit.

Are you a stubborn idiot or unable to read?
I'm not talking about the person who is negotiating his CURRENT contact. I'm talking about a person who is given an ultimatum by a company: have a temporary job with shitty salary or get literally suspended for a long period.
This is COMPLETELY different from the situation you describe and in this case, you're UNABLE to negotiate a better deal with them: you cannot even quit because you have contractory obligations.
You can just choose between the two shits and decide which stinks less.

Cung Le thread in 2020? Lol. Not gonna lie when I saw Cung Le in the title I thought this was gonna be about him contracting WuFlu coronavirus

I think he's the same guy that hadn't heard of cole konrad

Not knowing Konrad is normal, it's not expected that a run like he had would leave some footprint in MMA history.
He was Bellator HW champ, but so was Volkov. Will anyone remember this? Or the fact that Volkov was cut from Bellator due to losses?

Explain to me why anyone would work for free.
Cung was an established fighter by the time he was on the show.

Why would anyone take that kind of time out of their life to do something free for Dana?

You didn't get his sarcasm. That's what his and my post was about :)

Of course the money wasn't good.
But at least he got exposure, which gives him many opportunities for money and a better next contract.
Being a tuf coach can double your salary.

Faber went from 60/60 to 100/100 with his new contract. Due to TUF. Sponsors and other stuff probably doubled, too.

there are tuf noobs then there are mcregor noobs
The TUF noobs are actually no longer noobs anymore,much as it pains me to say it. Some of those assholes are 10+ years in now.

Now its the "Filthy Casual"

60 grand is fine for a retired fighter who people werent exactly beating the UFC's door down to see more of.

But at least he got exposure, which gives him many opportunities for money and a better next contract.
Being a tuf coach can double your salary.

Cung Le had Strikeforce/post Strikeforce contracts - he didn't see less than 6 figures since he defeated Frank Shamrock.

This, why is DFW Expected to put a job on hold? No other company would do this, China would 1000% not do it, and this comes from someone who worked there.

The thing is though they have done it on TUF before. Unless the Chine TUF was live they could have done it.

Are you a stubborn idiot or unable to read?
I'm not talking about the person who is negotiating his CURRENT contact. I'm talking about a person who is given an ultimatum by a company: have a temporary job with shitty salary or get literally suspended for a long period.
This is COMPLETELY different from the situation you describe and in this case, you're UNABLE to negotiate a better deal with them: you cannot even quit because you have contractory obligations.
You can just choose between the two shits and decide which stinks less.
Are you really really sure they would suspend him for a long period? If Cung Le brought this to public UFC would look like shit.
Also original problem is the shitty contracts where they can stop giving you fights.

Here in Finland we can have so called zero hour contracts where the company is not forced to give you any work hours. Needless to say im not gonna sign anything like that.

Back